Community discussions

MikroTik App

Elliot
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

HEX S - User Manager (Will it be enough)

Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:59 pm

My question is quite straightforward.

Does HEX S will be enough to run User Manager for maximum of 300 clients? Should I buy SD Card for storage ? Or should I forgot it and install RouterOS on x86 architecture, because HEX S won't have enough processing power?

I don't have any experience with RADIUS running on Mikrotik device so I hope you guys will give me some advice and maybe few tips and tricks.
THANK YOU!

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Re: HEX S - User Manager (Will it be enough)

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:54 pm

Would you use a Mini to transport the local school rugby / soccer team to a game?

The Hex S is a SOHO device, that is an acronym for "Small Office / Home Office", do you think what you are trying to do fits in there?

Elliot
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:34 pm

Would you use a Mini to transport the local school rugby / soccer team to a game?

The Hex S is a SOHO device, that is an acronym for "Small Office / Home Office", do you think what you are trying to do fits in there?
Although your sarcastic comment is appreciated it's not what I needed. At least you could tell me what CRR should I use...
Anyway I suspected that it won't be enough (reason I've asked you guys here) but i'm working with what I got. Client is public school which as you can imagine trying to safe every penny they can hence they thought that it would be a brilliant idea to join this BS Eduroam project but don't want to spend money for a Linux server or powerful router.

Thank you for the analogy though, i'll make sure to use that one to explain it to their "IT" departement.

khialb32

Mon May 13, 2019 4:30 pm

hey , first of all , i think you should check if the HEX lisence level will make you able to run 300 clients , in my openion , HEX with an SD card with HOTSPOT will run just fine , but i have to ask about the speed you are willing to get of course . i am running hex for about 50 clients with 2-4mbps and it is working just fine

zeshmyr
just joined

Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:13 am

hey , first of all , i think you should check if the HEX lisence level will make you able to run 300 clients , in my openion , HEX with an SD card with HOTSPOT will run just fine , but i have to ask about the speed you are willing to get of course . i am running hex for about 50 clients with 2-4mbps and it is working just fine
I have recently bought a RB750GR3 for my internet cafe. I setup hotspot using radius aunthentication but I am failing to access my user manager page. Please assist