Community discussions

MikroTik App

yahia
just joined
Topic Author

750 gr3 bin bios file

Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am

hi
can i have the bin flash file for microtik 750 gr3 to program it by my mini pro?

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: 750 gr3 bin bios file

Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:24 am

There is no such thing published by Mikrotik.
If you want, you can download NPK and unpack it (Not that hard - all tools were made public by security researches over year ago. If you can't, don't really bother with anything else). Once unpacked, you can go through files and identify the one which you would describe as "bios". (I am not aware of anything like that. Closest file is "firmware" which can be found in /etc folder)

yahia
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:02 pm

There is no such thing published by Mikrotik.
If you want, you can download NPK and unpack it (Not that hard - all tools were made public by security researches over year ago. If you can't, don't really bother with anything else). Once unpacked, you can go through files and identify the one which you would describe as "bios". (I am not aware of anything like that. Closest file is "firmware" which can be found in /etc folder)
bin bios file is absolutely different , you can't do that , it should be the bios bootable file.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:06 am

I think your only hope is to read it out from other device. Mikrotik BIOSes can be downloaded as .fwf files and they are also stored in flash as such, but what you probably need is the "bios loader" code that loads these. Flash/NAND can be fully dumped from LEDE/OpenWRT and that can be booted of network, without flashing it into router.
But maybe... just maybe... a full bios can be found in the protected-routerboot-v6.43.7-enable-6.43.dpk package... good luck.

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:59 am

well, the "fwf" file is exactly the firmware which I talked about and which is part of every "bundle" or "system" NPK package.
If OP thinks he needs a "bin", well, thats his choice. I already told him there is no such thing.

yahia
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 am

thank you friends i've found an old dead one
i took its bios and put it on mine
now all things are ok 8)
still one problem, user manager lost data base and doesn't recognize micro sd some times when i reboot it