Community discussions

gkounis
just joined
Topic Author

L2TP over IPSEC with ping but no access to equipment (works only on LTE WAN but not on ISP WAN)

Fri May 17, 2019 8:42 pm

Hello Forum
I have a scenario with L2TP over IPSEC. I have my office at 192.168.200.0/24 and I wish to be connected to 192.168.10.0/23 which is a remote area where I have set up several MikroTik AP and a MikroTik router which acts as DHCP and drives the rest of the APs.
My L2TP is 172.22.23.1 local to 172.22.23.3 remotely and is being performed normally. I can also have ping to the remote devices.
Both my router and the remote router are behind ISP routers that provide a WAN as they cannot be totally disabled while they provide VOIP telephony.
I have tested the scenario in my office before I apply it to the field with my office router and haplite connected with WAN from my mobile phone with LTE through the USB port.
The problem is that with the official test with WAN from LTE teh ping and access to devices behind the router is successfully( I was able to check my laptops share folder while was connected to the hap lite) but when I am applying to the filed remote router behind ISP I ONLY have ping in main router and all AP behind it but not being able to access then though web fig or winbox.
Any ideas or any info you might need.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: L2TP over IPSEC with ping but no access to equipment (works only on LTE WAN but not on ISP WAN)

Sat May 18, 2019 10:35 pm

Post the configuration of both the server and the client Mikrotiks following the hint in my automatic signature. The fact that the behaviour depends on which WAN you use is suspicious.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.