I have a Router 750G r3 without wireless feature. I also use a gig fiber connection without the PPPoE option.
In that case, will it be ok to uninstall package "wireless"and "ppp"?
Thanks I was able to uninstall packages as per your directions.@meazz1: by default, Routerboard devices have installed package bundle and it's not possible to completely uninstall individual packages ... it's only possible to disable them. If you want to completely uninstall some packages, you have to "unbundle" ROS first. The procedure is as follows (you only have to perform it once, later upgrades will keep your RB unbundled):
- The process can be only done when upgrading ROS version!
- Download "Extra packages" ZIP archive from download page. Make sure you're downloading package for correct architecture and version should be newer than the one currently installed on your RB
- extract only packages you want to keep. Bare minimum is system, but you want to add security (for SSL/SSH/...) and dhcp (security depends on this one) .. and other. You probably don't need routing (it's for advanced routing, such as BGP, OSPF etc.), simple routing works without this package.
- upload those packages to router and place them in root of the storage. Make sure files are transferred without any error.
- reboot the router
- at this point it should be running upgraded ROS version and only packages you hand selected. If it doesn't, check log for any signs of problems.