First post in the forums and 1st time a Mikrotik user.
To begin with my network topology with no vlans at all is as follows
- An ASUS router with very limited vlan capabilities or shall i say not at all
- A cisco SG200 l2 switch connected to that router providing connectivity to 2 servers and 2 workstations
- When the Dac cables arrive from FS..com a CRS317 connected to 4 Mellanox MCX312A-XCBT (1 card per pc). As is i don't think that it matters where i connect the CRS
In all the above i need to fit a device that's capable of adequately handling at least intervlan routing and having the essential L3 capabilities.
I could do that with the CRS317 but i've read that with the router OS the switch has ssues (speed dropping,connection droppings etc.)
- Buy a RB4011 and connect 1 gigabit port to the SG200 and the SFP+ port on the CRS317 so the RB4011 can handle everything L3.But i'm not quite convinced that it can handle that and correct me if im wrong though
- Ideally buy a CRS 326 and do the above described on scenario 1 so the CRS326 can handle the vlans only .I am concerned though that the 326 might have the same problem with CRS 317 using RouterOS .
Thnx in advance for your time.