Hi Sob and wrkq,
I have good news! I have fixed the work router! The console port rules! So do you guys because without you, I would of never been able to fix the device.
I should actually be calling work router, client site router. I am an IT tech. I should also mention that I have another client site with the same device and a very similar config. That was very helpful in resolving the issue. Let me explain how I fixed it.
I was able to get in via the console port with my null modem cable. I checked the config of the serial port on my other clients device which was helpful. Here are the settings for the server com port and Putty.
Baud Rate - 115200 (thanks wrkq)
Data Bits - 8
Parity - none
Stop Bits - 1
Flow Control - none
FYI, I will change the router serial console port Baud Rate from auto to 115200 since that what worked for me. I will also have the owner of the company purchase a longer null modem cable. I will leave it connected to the server at all times. This way if I mess up again, I can get back in.
I will explain the reproducible problem and how I caused it. The problem was directly related to changes I had made to Address List and Firewall entries and the use of Quick Set. I know I said that I did not use Quick Set on the work unit, but I am now sure that I did. Sorry for the misinformation guys.
To accommodate my dual wan setup, I made changes to the firewall. I created Interface List entries (wan - ether1,ether2) and (lan - bridge). I changed firewall entries to use wan and lan Interface Lists. I changed the Local Network Address List entry from (ether2) to (bridge). This config was working perfectly until I used Quick Set. I did not make any changes but I must of clicked the OK button before closing out. This caused the problem. Here is why.
Quick Set creates an Address List entry for the Local Network settings. It uses (ether2) by default. I then had 2 Address List entries for Local Network. One with Interface (bridge) the other with (ether2). It also changed my Interface List entries. I found that lan was now pointing to (ether2). I also had a rouge entry with no List Name and interface of (bridge). Of course I had no idea this was occurring. I think the fatal blow is when I deleted the Address List entry for Local Network with Interface (ether2). This broke the Firewall.
I was able to fix everything via the console. The export command made it all possible. Thanks guys! I decided to make the Interface for Local Network Address List entry (ether2). This way if Quick Set is ever used again, it will not mess things up. I cleaned up the Rouge entry in the Interface List and changed lan back to bridge. I will now use (ether12) for the secondary wan.
I am sure a similar thing has occurred on my home device. I also made wan and lan Interface Lists and changed the firewall rules and made changes using Quick Set. Unfortunately I do not have a console port on the home device. I do not think there is any way to boot the device with the firewall disabled. So I will have to do a reset.
I am sure that I will have some questions about my dual wan setup in the near future. Please look for my topic.
Helping folks out on the forums is not an easy thing to do and can be very time consuming. I thank you both for donating your time and your patience...