Let's talk about a successor of the RB4011(+WiFi)
- The AL21400 chipset is powerful. You can actually keep it. Perhaps there's a new hardware revision available with higher clock and/or less power.
- passive cooling: keep it.
- ports: I like the SFP+, but would it possible to add a RJ45 port with "Multi-Gig" 1/2.5/5 Gbit/s capabilities with support of 802.3at/802.3bt or passive PoE for powering it?
- Wireless LAN: Well, Reinis is currently working on MU-MIMO support. If he adds Uplink MU-MIMO aswell we have the first step done for IEEE 802.11ax support.
- antennas: 8x for 5 GHz, 4x for 2,4 GHz, as this makes sense with MU-MIMO
- 802.11ax + Tri-Radio support: You can either use 1x 5GHz with all your 8 antennas or alternatively split 5 GHz in two parts so you can use lower frequencies with 4 antennas on 5 GHz block A and the other 4 antennas on 5 GHz block B.
- OFDMA is great but needs time to implement. So support it in a future release
- pricing: 349$