MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

SwOS version 2.10 released!

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:25 pm

SwOS version 2.10 released
http://www.mikrotik.com/download
What's new in v2.10:

*) do not ignore RSTP port state when forwarding DHCP, PPPoE or IGMP snooped packets;
*) IGMP snooping: send out IGMPv3 queries by default;
*) IGMP snooping: handle IGMPv3 leaves much better;
*) IGMP snooping: handle dropped IGMP reports much better;
*) CRS309, CRS312, CRS317, CRS326Q: fixed ACL matching by ip destination port;
*) CRS309, CRS312, CRS317, CRS326Q: fixed ICMP TTL packet switching;
*) CRS305, CSS106: make ACL work again;
*) CSS106: improve packet forwarding between different speed interfaces;
*) restart RSTP on LACP ports that got disbundled;
*) made disabling of flow-control work as expected;
*) do not account rx-overflows twice in SNMP ifInErrors;
*) CRS328-24P-4S+: make auto upgrade work;
*) CRS326Q: fixed vlan configuration on ports sfp22-sfp24 & qsfp+1.1-qsfp+2.4;
*) added support for unicode symbols in labels;
*) make DHCP & PPPoE snooping work correctly on port trunks;
*) made port lock filter out packets with unknown source addresses;
*) CRS309: make VLAN configuration work;
*) fixed problem where disabled autonegotiation on some SFP modules
became effective only after reboot;
*) CRS305, CRS326, CRS328: improved switch-chip resource allocation;

os62
just joined

Re: SwOS version 2.10 released!

Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Upgraded my CRS317 to 2.10, and 1000Base-T sfp modules' functionality survived this, with the previous Disable/Enable done once on previous 2.9 version.
Also verified 1000Base-T sfp functionality over power outage.
So, at least for me, it looks like 1000Base-T sfp problems with working short-distance gigabit link are over.

nfored
just joined

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:48 pm

This my first MikroTik switch CRS309 just Plugged it in yesterday and installed 2.10. Running SwOS feeding three ESX servers each with dual 10g Lag's using Twinax, with VLAN enforcement. Everything seems to work correctly, though my current POE switches won't seem to power this switch for some reason. I did see that one time when I removed the DC plug to reboot it briefly stayed powered on via the POE but then never again.

All in All, I am pretty happy with this switch and this release.

n0xlf
just joined

Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:15 am

As mentioned in the 2.9 release thread (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=144031&start=50#p748250) 1G SFPs don't work on the CRS312.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:34 pm

I can not upgrade a CSS106-1G-4P-1S unit. Anyone else with the same issue or is it just me? Manual or automatic upgrade does not work!

redbullsteve
just joined

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:51 pm

I appear to have an issue with the Port Isolation in the VLANs tab, have configured Port Isolation so that all ports can only talk to Port24. Have setup VLAN 10,20,30 and 3. VLAN 10 and 20 I want to follow the Port Isolation setting but VLANs 3 and 30 I want them to ignore the Port Isolation settings.

This doesn't work, two devices on VLAN 3 can not talk to each other. Same with VLAN 30.

I am miss understanding the manual?

Port Isolation (yes | no; Default: yes)

Use settings from Port Isolation menu to isolate the defined VLAN to only certain ports. When disabled, the switch will ignore port isolation configuration and forward traffic with the defined VLAN ID only to ports that are checked as members.

This is with a CRS328-24P-4S+RM

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:15 pm

@n0xlf - we look forward to improve this on upcoming SwOS versions.
@LeftyTs - what exactly happens when you try to install the new version (e.g. boots with old version, boots with backup version, does not boot at all)? Please try loading the backup firmware by pressing the reset button for a few seconds and then perform the manual upgrade.
@redbullsteve - is it SwOS 2.10 related or you experienced this issue before? I would suggest reporting this to support@mikrotik.com and provide screenshots from Port Isolation, VLAN and VLANs menus.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:33 pm

@LeftyTs - what exactly happens when you try to install the new version (e.g. boots with old version, boots with backup version, does not boot at all)? Please try loading the backup firmware by pressing the reset button for a few seconds and then perform the manually upgrade.
I have tried to upgrade several times using the firmware file or the auto upgrade. When I use the firmware file for example, I hit the upgrade and at the bottom right corner displays "Upgrading... (Please do not interrupt)". It remains like that for several minute and never changes. I even waited for more than 15 minutes and it was always like that. Same exact problem with auto upgrade. When I try to access the switch, there is no page whatsoever and I have to power cycle the unit. After that the old version (2.9) comes up again. OK I will try the backup firmware, thank you

redbullsteve
just joined

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:24 am

@LeftyTs - what exactly happens when you try to install the new version (e.g. boots with old version, boots with backup version, does not boot at all)? Please try loading the backup firmware by pressing the reset button for a few seconds and then perform the manual upgrade.
@redbullsteve - is it SwOS 2.10 related or you experienced this issue before? I would suggest reporting this to support@mikrotik.com and provide screenshots from Port Isolation, VLAN and VLANs menus.
Ticket#2019090822001615 was raised over the weekend, I have yet to receive a response.

redbullsteve
just joined

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 am

@EdPa the issue is also present in SwOS 2.9p

gard

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:53 am

Hello all!
Does anyone have a IGMP Snooping?
I have CSS106-5G-1S, put a tick "IGMP Snooping" in "System" tab. I see strings in "IGMP Groups" tab.. but at that time video stream on my STB disappears (black screen). If uncheck a tick "IGMP snooping" in the System tab - video stream work, I see picture. If I check "IGMP snooping" tick in "VLANS" tab (after add vlan 1 entry), I don’t see any effect.
IGMP snooping not work!

Does anyone have similar problems?

redbullsteve
just joined

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 pm

All sorted, was a configuration issue where I have not enabled strict vlan mode on ports. Leaving setting as optional does not check vlan features

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:00 pm

All sorted, was a configuration issue where I have not enabled strict vlan mode on ports. Leaving setting as optional does not check vlan features

thx for sharing
Last edited by chechito on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

n0xlf
just joined

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:58 am

For those considering the CRS312, save yourself the headache of SwOS and stick with RouterOS for now. Running the beta RouterOS I am able to force the SFP to 1G which solves the problem I mentioned in the other thread about no linking. SwOS (new to 2.10) also had difficulty bringing up a 10G SFP on reboot, which does not exist in RouterOS. Unless you really like SwOS for some reason, I don't see a reason to run it on the CRS312 for now. My CPU usage under RouterOS is showing 1% and fan speed is the same as SwOS (ie - it's quiet). Just happy that it's all behaving as it should now. I've even been able to incorporate 9k jumbo frames with mixed non-jumbo hardware under RouterOS, since SwOS doesn't allow the MTU to be set.

dnyl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:51 pm

Ticket#2019042922005886
Was solved with upgrade.

Matthew1471
just joined

Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:35 am

@LeftyTs - what exactly happens when you try to install the new version (e.g. boots with old version, boots with backup version, does not boot at all)? Please try loading the backup firmware by pressing the reset button for a few seconds and then perform the manually upgrade.
I have tried to upgrade several times using the firmware file or the auto upgrade. When I use the firmware file for example, I hit the upgrade and at the bottom right corner displays "Upgrading... (Please do not interrupt)". It remains like that for several minute and never changes. I even waited for more than 15 minutes and it was always like that. Same exact problem with auto upgrade. When I try to access the switch, there is no page whatsoever and I have to power cycle the unit. After that the old version (2.9) comes up again. OK I will try the backup firmware, thank you

I have exactly the same issue with my CSS106-1G-4P-1S too. I had issues upgrading to 2.9 (Ticket#2019011422007131) and found that was linked to whether I'd turned off RTSP on the port I was doing the upgrade on. It's happening again with 2.10 (only now RTSP is turned on that port) so must be another feature interfering.

Will backup config. Factory reset. Perform upgrade. Restore config. Should this work will then share config with MikroTik.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:35 am

I have exactly the same issue with my CSS106-1G-4P-1S too. I had issues upgrading to 2.9 (Ticket#2019011422007131) and found that was linked to whether I'd turned off RTSP on the port I was doing the upgrade on. It's happening again with 2.10 (only now RTSP is turned on that port) so must be another feature interfering.

Will backup config. Factory reset. Perform upgrade. Restore config. Should this work will then share config with MikroTik.
Very good observation! I had RSTP off in all ports. By turning RSTP back on all ports upgrade worked!

Matthew1471
just joined

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Very good observation! I had RSTP off in all ports. By turning RSTP back on all ports upgrade worked!
You're welcome. Thanks for your reply, I just turned RSTP on all ports back on and the upgrade succeeded. Looks like it's not just the port you're doing the upgrade on this time but needs to be on for other ports as well.

I'll e-mail MikroTik support again :)

nfored
just joined

Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:03 am

I now have two switches running this both with cisco active Twinax and they both suffer RX/TX Pauses, but that seems to be an issue going back to 2.8 code. Aside from that all other features seem to work, RSTP works, vlans work, lacp works. Even with the Pauses I can still push data through at high rates of speed. I have not tried any ACL's or port isolation.

jawvice
just joined

Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:32 pm

I can not upgrade a CSS106-1G-4P-1S unit. Anyone else with the same issue or is it just me? Manual or automatic upgrade does not work!
I have the same problem :(. Pleaaase help.

rua

Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:07 pm

download file to local pc
link https://download.mikrotik.com/swos2/css ... 6-2.10.bin
and get file from there
/john

jawvice
just joined

Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:20 am

download file to local pc
link https://download.mikrotik.com/swos2/css ... 6-2.10.bin
and get file from there
/john
I have already tried this. The result is the same

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:03 pm

@gard - we look forward to improve IGMP Snooping for CSS106 device on upcoming SwOS versions.
@nfored - sending Pause frames are intended behavior for Flow Control. You can disable this under Link menu.
For anyone who fails to upgrade the CSS106 to the latest version - try to load the backup firmware and then perform the manual upgrade. Before that, save your configuration in a backup file.

jawvice
just joined

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:59 am

For anyone who fails to upgrade the CSS106 to the latest version - try to load the backup firmware and then perform the manual upgrade. Before that, save your configuration in a backup file.
This method helped, thanks a lot. I apparently missed this text at the bottom of the page.

JonsG
just joined

Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:51 pm

Hi !
Each time I upgrade, there's endless issues. Resetting resets to 2.0 and then I'd have to pray and hope it'd upgrade to the latest with my settings intact, and then having to restore again.
How is fix it?

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:18 pm

updated several CSS106-5G-1S and CSS106-1G-4P-1S from 2.7 to 2.10, all normal, problem of performance between different speed interfaces solved, Good Job MikroTik 8)

Stangelator
just joined

Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:22 am

Hi Guys,
I'm new to mikrotik switches and the swos.
I have 8 fiber Connection to my crs317 via om4 cables. 4 of the cables should form lags to two other switches. I can set only one lag static to the first Switch. Example crs317 x.x.x.250 to xs712t x.x.x.251 group 1 trunk1 . If i add the second lag, it shows group 2 trunk 1 and non of the other switches is pingable. I know im missing somthing, but i hope you understand my bad english and help a newbie :) regards

gard

Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:01 pm

@EdPa
@gard - we look forward to improve IGMP Snooping for CSS106 device on upcoming SwOS versions.
Thank you, I can only hope and wait.

Stangelator
just joined

Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi Guys,
I hope someone could Help me now to set 2 static lags in swos. I tried everything. I even booted router os updated it, looked my self out because of delet default config. Did a netinstall with actual ros and booted back to swos. For me and my knowledge, there is no way to set to static lags. Regardless what i'm doing, the network will get failures. I hope someone with more knowledge will Help me. Regards

nfored
just joined

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:15 pm

Can you not just select static from the drop-down? I have only used passive and active on Mikrotik myself but I see static as an option, maybe there is a code issue or something but when I have done static between my esx host and my Fortinet switches it was as simple as tagging the ports as part of the lag and setting the lag type to static.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

storp
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:25 pm

Haven't updated to 2.10 yet but I've been running static lags for as long as the CSS326 has existed. I use it for trunks to other switches (HP and Cisco).

As previous post mentiod, just select static. Of course you need to configure the other end correctly as well.

Stangelator
just joined

Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:26 am

I log into the netgear. Select lag1 add members xg11 xg12( sfp+ combo/shared ports) static lag, mtu 9216, configure ipv6 and ipv4 and DHCP. Plug the cables in. Log into crs317 both ports up, select static group 1 for example. Then it Shows group1 trunk 1. Everthing is routed correct. Now we add switch 2. Both links come up and the network got failures. First i thought it is looping. But its an internal failure i guess. I can selct static for the second switch. And what does the mikrotik do? Put it in trunk 1. It seems to me that swos can't handle this config. I cant even tell that device which ports belongs to this lag. Strange. So i decided to use
lacp. Two clicks on netgear one in mikrotik from static to passive or active, links both Up, but netgear not reachable, pingable. I hope you understand my english:( stp or rstp in for lacp. Regards
Edit: where did you tag the Ports, where are telling the mikrotik which lag got which members? I haven't found something like that. In the netgear i choose lag1-8 and then it asks me, which members belongs to the lag. The mikrotik says only 2 links up you can click then static on two three four links and group them. But thats not the way it works. I can group both switches and they appear in one Trunk. Which i guess is the lag itselfs....

storp
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:20 am

I log into the netgear. Select lag1 add members xg11 xg12( sfp+ combo/shared ports) static lag, mtu 9216, configure ipv6 and ipv4 and DHCP. Plug the cables in. Log into crs317 both ports up, select static group 1 for example. Then it Shows group1 trunk 1. Everthing is routed correct. Now we add switch 2. Both links come up and the network got failures. First i thought it is looping. But its an internal failure i guess. I can selct static for the second switch. And what does the mikrotik do? Put it in trunk 1.
So first trunk is ok but adding a second one breaks the connection? Are the two other switches also connected to each other (since you thought it could be looping)? If they are I think you could look if RSTP is blocking ports. Maybe you can share a simple diagram over how the network is connected?

Stangelator
just joined

Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:10 pm

The other switches are only wired to mikrotik. I want them to use a static lag, by using two om4 cables with mm850 transceivers. Only one lag is formed correctly. In my opinion i have to disable stp or rstp for all the ports which form the static lag. But it doesen't matter how you configure the mikrotik. The scenario will be the Same. There is no option to tell the crs that lag2 has to be in trunk2. It will Put the two upcoming links from Switch 2 in trunk 1 by selecting These two links to static. They do not have to be in one Trunk. This does make a 4 Wire link to two different switches. And this might Loop. And lacp doesen't work too. It doesen't even work with one Switch. It is showing me the Partner with 2 identical mac's which is okay, because it's netgear1, but it isn't pingable. Regards

Stangelator
just joined

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:23 pm

The diagram you wanted. Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Deantwo

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:30 pm

@Stangelator, if your issue is not directly related to the new SwOS update (version 2.10), can you maybe take your issue to a new thread instead?
Getting constant notifications from this thread about non-update related posts is getting a little annoying.

Make a new thread in the SwOS section of the forum.
Here: viewforum.php?f=17

Or you can e-mail Mikrotik support for more direct technical support.
Here: support@mikrotik.com

Ibersystems
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:19 pm

Hi,

its possible to add the release date in SWOS changelog? like in changelog or ROS?

thanks,

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:21 pm

Just upgraded to 2.10 and it upgraded and now states version 2.0p, which is not 2.10???
new260gs model.

What the heck is 2.0p ?????
I tried manually loading 2.10 again but still stuck on 2.0p?
Afraid to upgrade my other unit from 2.9

chaigeo
just joined

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:05 pm

Hello,

Back to back connection between two CSS326-24G-2S+ with mikrotik dac S+DA0001 SFP+ 1m
Rx pause problem still persists with flow control off at specific ports both switches.
Both switches version 2.10
Rx pauses frames received both sides..not many to create link problems but still received.
Tried other ventor DAC (cisco). Problem still persists.
Other sfp+ ports are connected to mellanox cards and no rx pauses frames received..means that the switches still send pause frames to each other while mellanox not.

archerious
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:22 pm

I'd like to report a bug on the CSS326 running SWOS 2.10.

Under hosts VLAN50 doesnt shown up, not even after following the wiki and using the configuration I had before. I noticed if I go on my bridge settings on my CRS309, and remove the vlan in the bridge group and instead add it to the other group like the pic below it works, however to my understanding mikrotik wants it separated.

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:45 pm

archerious - from the description it is unclear why you do not see VLAN50 on the "Host" menu, it could be a misconfiguration and not the release issue. Have you enabled the "Independent VLAN Lookup" under the System menu? If this does not help, I would suggest reporting to support@mikrotik.com.

archerious
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:02 pm

archerious - from the description it is unclear why you do not see VLAN50 on the "Host" menu, it could be a misconfiguration and not the release issue. Have you enabled the "Independent VLAN Lookup" under the System menu? If this does not help, I would suggest reporting to support@mikrotik.com.
Thank you so much, enabling "Independent VLAN Lookup" resolved it. Now my CRS309 is able to properly have the VLAN ID's like so and still it works on CSS326:

KlimX
just joined

Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:55 am

Hello,

Back to back connection between two CSS326-24G-2S+ with mikrotik dac S+DA0001 SFP+ 1m
Rx pause problem still persists with flow control off at specific ports both switches.
Both switches version 2.10
Rx pauses frames received both sides..not many to create link problems but still received.
Tried other ventor DAC (cisco). Problem still persists.
Other sfp+ ports are connected to mellanox cards and no rx pauses frames received..means that the switches still send pause frames to each other while mellanox not.

I have the same problem with Rx Pause between two CSS326 (both have SwOS 2.10) connected by S+DA0001 SFP+ 1m

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:24 am

i have same situation

RB260GSP with Flow Control Disabled but with TX pause frames

Really is flow control disabled?

RSchnell
just joined

Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:35 pm

Good day all.

I just upgraded one of my CSS326-24G-2S+ switches and now it won't return ping and SNMP is not working. The web interface is so I can see what it's doing but can't use monitoring software to track badnwidth and such.

Any ideas?

chaigeo
just joined

Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:56 pm

No answer from mikrotik about the tx pauses..
At least it will be nice to acknowledge the problem...

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:47 am

No answer from mikrotik about the tx pauses..
At least it will be nice to acknowledge the problem...
Yeah it's worrying

almost only one update on a year for SwOS

they keep releasing new switches but don't solve the existing problems

Louis2

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Hello,

I am running SwOS 2.10 here on my CRS317 and have following problems:

1) I noticed that the fan(s) stop running after some time.
- the CRS317 cooling design is terrible IMHO. There are two very noisy fans cooling "nothing". The cpu cooling is at the back (very good) but the fans do not at all contribute to the CPU / central switching chip cooling
- and the cooling of the SFP+ modules is extremely limited. Far too limited! (I am using some NBASE-T "SFP's", which are not at all properly cooled, not by the chassis nor by the fans)
- perhaps due to the low CPU temperature (I do not know!!) the fan’s stopped, however partly due to the stoppend fans the NBASE-T modules are very hot 90C (with fan running still 70+)
- note that the fan-speed control is very very limited :( you can not adjust anything.
- So the fan's stoppend And I had to restart the switch in order to get the FAN running again. That brings me to the second problem

2) CRS317 running SwOS210 does not properly boot!
- not after a power failure and
- not after a reboot from the system menu

So ….. If I am lucky the switch reboot after power down the 220 for one minute …..
Whatever IMHO the switch should reboot correctly after both “power failure and reboot command” without any hazzle!!

Someone seen the same problems !?
Can we expect things to be fixes in 2.11 !!??
When can we expect 2.11 !!??

Sincerely,

Louis

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:43 am

today I found that version 2.11 has been released, has anyone tried it?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:24 am

Not in announcements, not on software part of website. You sure?

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 am

My CSS326-24G-2S+ finds an update: 2.11 (built at Thu Feb 20 2020 09:25:30 GMT-0300
But this is a production unit. No way I will install a just released version here. :D

What's new in v2.11:

*) try to acquire DHCP address even after initial 10s if
static address is provided use it while DHCP has not succeeded;
*) fixed QnQ (VLAN in VLAN) packet forwarding;
*) make flow-control disable work as expected;
*) make static LAG work;
*) CRS328: fixed errors on SFP ports;
*) CRS312 & CRS326Q: fixed ACL matching by IP source port;
*) CRS317: make speed forcing work on management port;
*) CRS312: make 1G speed forcing work on combo ports;
*) CRS312 & CRS326Q: fixed management port leds;
*) CRS312: do not reset all links on new SFP module plug in;

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:46 am

looks like it was retired from website i swear i seen it :D

I think it is wise to wait before testing it in production

i dont have any device available for lab/testing purposes, only in production

Louis2

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:46 am

Hello,

I just installed 2.11 on my CRS317. Hoping that it would solve the switch its reboot problem. The / my CRS317 switch does not proberly reboot after rebootcommand or powerup, see my post a couple of days ago.

However, it does not the switch did not properly reboot after installing 2.11 (same problem in 2.10). Disconnecting the power for a minute did solve the problem, but that is ofcourse not ok!

Louis

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 pm

Version 2.11 of SwOS has been released:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=158014