Community discussions

abuumarselo
just joined
Topic Author

Can I block a proram from accessing internet

Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:57 am

Please advise I need to block certain program from accessing internet on all of my network computers

please advise and help I have rb2011 v6.45.2

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Can I block a proram from accessing internet

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:47 pm

You need to add certain rules to block specific traffic used by the program, if such exists.

And yes, it's useless answer, but so was your question. How do you expect to get anything useful, when you don't provide any info? It's like asking how to prevent animals from ruining your garden - it's important to know if we're talking about mice or elephants.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

abuumarselo
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:42 pm

I have an program has an exe the name of the exe file is sa_ping.exe I want to use it on my internal network but I don't want it to connect to internet

I did it now by adding a firewall rule to windows on the computer that the program runs it

I hope that some rule to prevent it from all computers to connect to internet at once so I don't have to make firewall rule on every conputer

nescafe2002
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:51 pm

No, process name can only be evaluated on the client computer, not on the mikrotik router.

You can script the firewall rule creation using netsh, powershell or group policy (domain joined pcs).

abuumarselo
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:57 pm

No, process name can only be evaluated on the client computer, not on the mikrotik router.

You can script the firewall rule creation using netsh, powershell or group policy (domain joined pcs).
thank you