Community discussions

riaanjvr2
just joined
Topic Author

RB SXT LTE Kit

Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:48 am

Hi all
We recently switched from the RB WAP LTE Kit ( RBwAPR-2nD&R11e-LTE) to the RB SXT LTE Kit (RBSXTR&R11e-LTE) so we can improve signal levels for our deployments.

But now one big problem - UDP upload in single stream (Connection count 1) we get full throughput upstream. But conncetion count 2, half speed, and if you leave it default connection count (20) then you barely get upstream 90Kbps upstream on UDP throughput test.
We thought this is the throughput test itself, but not the case, even if we put RB951 behind the STX LTE Kit then UDP upstream throughput is severely limited.
On TCP we get full throughput.

And the same network, same config, same test on WAP LTE kit is fine we get full throughput.

We tried all the latest stable and beta releases of Router OS.
Something tells me there is something wrong with the RB SXT LTE KIT firmware?

Anyone else notice this?

krafg

Re: RB SXT LTE Kit

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:50 pm

Probably your signal strength has increased, but your signal quality is poor that before and for this reason you have problems now with upload.

Check it.

Regards.
If you want to know my network, you can find it here.

riaanjvr2
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:18 pm

Probably your signal strength has increased, but your signal quality is poor that before and for this reason you have problems now with upload.

Check it.

Regards.
Hi sir no this is not signal related or tower related. We have a WAP LTE kit running side by side with a SXT LTE kit with exactly the same configuration, Same network. In fact because the WAP LTE's antenna is not as good as SXT LTE kit it has weaker signal.
But on SXT LTE kit if you run the bandwidth test from the CPE itself, if you put UDP connections to only 1 you get full upload speed. IF you make it 2 then you get half, and so forth. Default connections is 20 so upload is only 94Kbps. But on WAP LTE kit you get with the same setup full upload speed on UDP no matter if you have 1 or 20 simultaneous streams running.
I believe this is a Bug in the firmware for the SXT LTE Kit.
Confirmed it is a bug because when I run the same test but using the CCR as the place we test from we get the full up and download speeds on the CCR end on UDP and TCP. So this must be something wrong in SXT LTE kit firmware.

SiB
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:20 am

You have the R11e internal firmware v13 ?
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL | WebChat: Tokonda
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software