- All routers running 2.9.41 and OSPF.
- Static Default route only configured on gateway router and is exchanged with neighbors.
Issue: Default route not sent to neighbors after reboot:
1. Rebooted the gateway router and it came up and showed correct neighbors and routes in its routing table.
2. Neighbor routers received all routes from gateway router except the default route. Thus, no internet connectivity
Rebooted the gateway router once again and then the default route was sent to the neighbor routers.
1. Has anyone else seen this issue?
2. Are folks redistributing state routes as type1 ?
3. Are folks hardcoding router IDs in the OSPF settings or letting it pick the highest numbered interface?