Community discussions

MikroTik App

daxgo
just joined
Topic Author

2 AP interferences

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:35 am

hello friends, i have 2 Metal "https://mikrotik.com/product/RBMetal2SHPn" in the same tower, approximately at 1m away between one and the other, one of them in channel 1 and the another in channel 11 of the 2.4 Ghz band, one is for multimedia trafic, and the other for gaming and other low trafic stuff.
having this problem, when, in the router for trafic, the stations start a high speed transfer like FTP downloads, all the conections of the another router start to fall down, how is this possible, if i don't have overlaping in my channels, what could happen ??? maybe RF interference, i tried to lower the power of TX, but is the same problem. even i cant down so mouch the tx power because im transmiting with the original 6dbi ants of the routers, and i have stations approximately at 3km far away. any ideas ??????

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 2 AP interferences

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:37 pm

It doesn't mean that because you use channels 1 and 11 and those are non overlapping channels that you will not have any problems...
Also, what is your channel width ? For 2.4 Ghz use only 20Mhz channel width...
As for the frequency run a spectral scan and spectral history so you can find the less crowded frequency, with less noise and interferences.. That can be any frequency, even a non overlapping one, but thats ok..
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Spectral_scan
You have stations in 3km? We don't use 2.4Ghz anymore for ptp links or ptmp links.. Always 5Ghz...

daxgo
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:09 pm

thanks Zacharias for your answer, yes i use 20mhz width and frequently i scan for frequency use in my town, in deed I move between the channels 1-4 and 8-11 respectively in each device according to ambient noise.
But in deed i run a few test and the problen is exactly when somebody start a file transfer in the Multimedia router, that transfer even only one, break down the RX chain of the router, i mean the STATIONS "they hear good the router" but the router DONT "hear" the clients, when this happend all the clients TX chain fall down to 1mbps, but the AP TX chain continue well.

Questions:
1- I can make this two routers works like some kind of cluster ???
i mean, the same SSID but that they can automatically distribute the load, and no more interference between themselves, I was reading a little about CAPsMAN, but I don't know if that can help me.

2- What is the Minimal distance that must exist between two antennas of this frequency???
I mean if I separate them more maybe the problem is over. I have still not done it because this involves lowering a tall and heavy tower :D

and friend, about 5ghz band, i live in CUBA :( , I don't have the option to buy any equipment, I can only buy what appears in the street.
anyway thanks Zacharias for your answer

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:19 am

1. To distribute your traffic evenly you can use Queues on the router side to apply traffic shapping..you can find a lot of information on the wiki about
that https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Queue

CapsMan is a centralized access point manager... won't help you in traffic shapping... you can limit tx and rx limit values but nothing more than that...

2. Metal is an omni directional antenna, it is wrong to install it on a high tower...! Based on it's radiation pattern..! Should be lower...

daxgo
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:07 am

2. Metal is an omni directional antenna, it is wrong to install it on a high tower...! Based on it's radiation pattern..! Should be lower...
:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG !!! soo, what you recomend me ???? i have a few panel antenas "home made, but works WELL, approximately 16 dbi" i can install it to "METAL" but, you think that with other types of antennas there is no interference between the routers ???? remember my problem is not the coverage, is what happens when one of the routers traffics high data rates

sergesa
just joined

Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:04 am

I think you problem not with radio, it not possible to interference in this case, check ethernet

daxgo
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 pm

guys, recently i discover this !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: in a UBIQUITI nanostation manual "The APs must have a vertical height difference of 3 meters if they operate at 5.7 GHz and 6 meters if operating at 2.4 GHz"
what may be true in this ????

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:34 pm

In general, two antennas should never be close together because they interfere to each other and produce too much noise...