Community discussions

hedehghani
just joined
Topic Author

RouterOS Gateway

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Hello guys,
I have question about make RouterOS Gateway in our network.
we have 1 range in our network that is 192.168.30.0/24 and we've 2 Internet link(2 IP) in our network. All of our client has set as static and for Special purpose we give one of this Internet link. I install a RouterOS in a VMware that access to the Internet. I want to set this RouterOS IP in clients TCP/IP setting. But our client can't access to the Internet. why? Do I need to add a Route?
I apologize if my writing is not good in English.
Hesam

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RouterOS Gateway

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:00 pm

Start from drawing an overall network diagram. It's not clear from the text description how the clients are connected, what's the "special purpose", and how the clients are connected currently - do they currently have any connection to internet?

No need to spend hours on drawing the diagram using some graphic editor, just use a paper and a pencil and post a photo of the result.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.