Hi there. Thank in advance for you help.
I have an Microtik Routerboard 3011, Version RouterOS 6.45.7.
I want to have some bandwidth control on my routerboard but i'm not sure about the best solution for me: Simple queue or Tree Queue?
Also I'm not secure about the max-limit and limit-at parameters.
This is my scenario:
1) Total Bandwidth available from ISP: 30 Mbps Download / 4 Mbps Upload.
2) I need two internet access levels. So I divided the DHCP leases in two Address Lists: Address_Level1 and Address_Level2.
Adress_Level1 is for Directors and Managers (about 10 users) and Address_Level2 is for common users (the rest of the users).
3) The available Bandwidth must be equally shared by the two address Lists in order to guarantee, for each, a minimum of: 15 Mbps Download / 2 Mbps Upload.
4) When Address_List1 is not using the full 15 Mbp download, the remaing download bandwidth should be available for address_List2 to use (and vice-versa).
For instance, If in a certain period of time, Address_list1 is using only 10 Mbps download, then Address_List2 can use 20 Mbps (Only while Address_List1 does not need to).
5) When Address_List1 is not using the full 4 Mbp upload, the remaing upload bandwidth should be available for address_List2 to use (and vice-versa).
For Instance, If in a certain period of time, Address_list1 is using only 1 Mbps Upload, then Address_List2 can use 3 Mbps (Only while Address_List1 does not need to).
Can you give an example of proper configuration for this scenario? And don't forget that i'm a beginner.
Thank you so mutch.