Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

MOHANAD89
just joined
Topic Author

How to Route PPPoE secrets to use certain WAN?

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,
I have Mikrotik Router with 2 WAN ports as ISP and 1 LAN port set as PPPoE server.
I'm trying to route the PPPoE profiles with range 10.0.0.0 into groups to use certain WAN to reduce the load.
ex:
Users IP 10.10.0.0/8 and 10.20.0.0/8 use WAN1
and Users IP 10.50.0.0/8, 10.100.0.0/8 use WAN2

How Is it possible? since currently using only WAN1

I want to do this because i tried Load Balancing but it led to users keep switching between the 2 ISP that led to unstable service.
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to Route PPPoE secrets to use certain WAN?

Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:35 am

Search for policy routing. Instead of load sharing, you assign a routing-mark (choose a routing table) based on source subnet (which allows to do so using /ip route rule), or based on src-address-list (which requires to use a mangle rule to assign the routing-mark but gives you flexibility, as you can add each user's IP address into a chosen address-list by means of /ppp profile used by the /ppp secret.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.