Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

robertbisom
just joined
Topic Author

OpenVPN client connect without creating dynamic address item

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:59 pm

I have Mikrotik with OpenVPN server, and when client connect, it create dynamic address item in /ip addresses. I have problem with route that Is created with this address item.
Is aby possibility how to deny creating address item oř route when ovpn client connect?
Thank you

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: OpenVPN client connect without creating dynamic address item

Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:13 am

Hm, it seems that you have to specify some local-address and remote-address in the /ppp secret or /ppp profile for the OpenVPN client even if the openvpn server runs in mode=ethernet (not sure whether it is a bug or a feature), but you may use already existing address as the local one so adding it should cause no real harm. It may help you to set netmask under /interface ovpn-server server to 32. However, in your setup you end up with an IP address assigned to a bridge port at server side, which is normally forbidden.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.