Community discussions

MikroTik App

Brekulja
just joined
Topic Author

Can't see my Mikrotik hAP ac in Winbox

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:33 pm

Hello, I made some changes in my mikrotik hap ac, and then later on I couldn't connect again to it.

I can't see device in winbox window. I tried restart holding restart button before plugging it on, but it didn't helped, tried other LAN ports. Problem is still here.

Please help

Brekulja
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Can't see my Mikrotik hAP ac in Winbox

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:08 pm

Ethernet adapter tells this:

Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.22.0
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

I don't have an idea what's going on.

EDIT: Mtik is running, I can see my wireless network, it means that I didn't restore it to factory settings with restart holding reset button for 5 seconds and plugging to power until he beeps

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:04 pm

169.254..... you did not receive an IP address from your DHCP server (hAP ac2 or other device in the network)
Even if the hAP ac2 has a proper IP address you will not be able to communicate through TCP/IP (unless you set the IP address in your cleint device manually, in the correct subrange)

The normal way to solve this, is using tab "Neighborgs" in WinBOX and see if the hAP ac2 appears. You must be on the same LAN (level 2), no router in between.
Then click the MAC address instead of the IP address, and connect via the MAC address. Use the MAC connect until the IP problem is fixed.

Brekulja
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:21 pm

The normal way to solve this, is using tab "Neighborgs" in WinBOX and see if the hAP ac2 appears. You must be on the same LAN (level 2), no router in between.
Then click the MAC address instead of the IP address, and connect via the MAC address. Use the MAC connect until the IP problem is fixed.
"Neighbors" are empty, I m connected to hAP ac directly to my notebook.

I tried manully set up MAC address to connect, but it didn't work.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:56 am

Don't use ether1 .... this is normally defined as WAN interface, and no management access.
Wifi normally is LAN, as the other ethernet ports.

Brekulja
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:14 am

I tried with all other ports.
LED is green solid when I connect to that port.

How to factory reset this device? I tried everything but I can still see my wireless network that I configure on Mikrotik.
I tried turn off and pressing reset button and then turn it on while reset button is pressed for 5sec, 10sec, 15sec, 1 minute.

Brekulja
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:34 am

SOLVED

I restarted it for few times more, and now I can connect it via Winbox.

Huh, thanks for help, hope it wont occur again

paul4
just joined

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:07 pm

I;ve got the same problem on this device. I can't reset it, pressing 30s before disconnecting, 30 s after plug in power. No change. It still keeps configuration. Any idea how to reset hAP ac2?

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:11 pm

You might want to check how to perform a factory reset, @paul4:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Reset

fbarecich
just joined

Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:59 pm

When I plug the access point in its not showing up in winbox, or as a mikrotik SSID or even in the app to program. Any suggestions?

thylawrence
just joined

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:26 pm

I just got exactly same problem with you.
Made some changes and thought something was wrong and that made winbox or web not able to connect to router.

I just spend 3 hours doing workaround, factory reset, reinstall Network driver, 192.168.88.1/24, ... and finally figured out, right after I restarted windows, winbox worked well for a while, and then, it was disconnected from the router. I started to think there was something that launch with windows causes this.

I am not sure what application caused this, but after I tried to end every task that related to virtual server, cloud server, gg cloud, one driver, driver auto update... etc...
And suddenly the router's Mac address showed up again and I could connect just like everything has never been happened
Last edited by thylawrence on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:32 pm

THIS IS WHY I created this article. The first time you enter the MT Device suggest you do this and then can configure OFF the bridge and avoid getting locked out as much.
ALso use use use SAFE MODE>
viewtopic.php?t=181718