Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

jazzy112
just joined
Topic Author

Queue Trees behaving differently 850G2 vs 450G4

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:26 pm

I have a RB 850G2 -
Followed configuration for DSCP HTB programing on Mikrotik wiki.
The Mangle Rules and Queue tree worked exactly as expected.

I then put that same configuration in a RB 450 G4 and the queue doesn't work.

In the 450 it doesn't appear that the Mangle rules are marking the packets fast enough to trigger the queue's.

So is this by design? The power PC chip in the 850 being better than the chip in the 450? Is there a bug?

With the 850 discontinued is the CCR1009 and above going to now be required if we want this type of configuration to work?

jazzy112
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Queue Trees behaving differently 850G2 vs 450G4

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:31 pm

Apparently on my home router the config is so complex that FastTrack disabled itself. The rule in the Filter list is still enabled and it's counters are increasing while the passthrough counters in both the filter list and the mangle list are static at 0.

I know this forum is full of experts and you've probably answered these questions in one form or another hundreds of times already. However why don't you update the wikis?

When I go to the fasttrack page - it should show me all the different ways that it can be disabled. Obviously in my case there is more than one way, heck if I can remember exactly what I did to cause that.

On the queue pages, the top of every page should be the instruction for disabling fasttrack. As well as every other feature page that requires fast track disabled.