Community discussions

MikroTik App

tgiannak
Topic Author

CHR problem in Windows Server Hyper-V

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:43 pm

hi guys i hope your health is good...
anyways im using mikrotik many years but these days i wanted to setup an CHR on windows server..i actvated CHR licence and i also purchased an intel network server card with 4 gigabit ports and i add the 4 ports as a virtual switch:

Untitled.png
then i booted the routeros and saw the 4 ethernet ports
Untitled1.png
but when i create a bridge on routeros only one port at a time works (for dhcp giving ip's etc) if i have more than one port on the bridge only the first port works, if i delete the first port on the bridge then the second works and so on...

can you please tell me what im doing wrong?

EDIT!
i read that in order to work i must config hyper-v for promiscuous-mode can someone help me with this please?????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tgiannak
Topic Author

Re: CHR problem in Windows Server Hyper-V

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:25 pm

a little help here guys.....

Kindis

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:06 pm

So I wonder if you have issues with Mac address protection. Check so you do not have this on for the cards.
Also in regards to VLAN etc read this one.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=105465

IPAsupport
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:59 am

but when i create a bridge on routeros only one port at a time works (for dhcp giving ip's etc) if i have more than one port on the bridge only the first port works, if i delete the first port on the bridge then the second works and so on...
What do you mean? What are you using the ports for? Where are they connected to? Can you do a simple diagram a share it?