Community discussions

MikroTik App

kaspik
just joined
Topic Author

LTE Speed on weak signal on WAP AC LTE 6

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 am

Hello,

I just purchased and installed WAP ac LTE 6 and side by side to my mobile phone and shitty old Alcatel, WAP AC LTE 6 is much slower.

Speedtest gets 7-8Mbps on Mikrotik, on my phone ~28Mbps and shitty Alcatel ~20. RSRP/RSRQ is almost the same on the phone as on mikrotik. And mikrotik has huge antennas!

How is this possible? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe faulty product? Or LTE Cat 6 modem is not performing well?

THX!
Jaromir

kaspik
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LTE Speed on weak signal on WAP AC LTE 6

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:34 am

Same issue here viewtopic.php?p=625087&sid=a088bb47dac9 ... 2a7b462fbc :(. Looks like WAP ac is not great

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:09 am

If you compare i$Phone then be sure you compare with 6 or 6s model, all newer have bigger category then r11e-LTE6.
The case similar to you should be: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158719 .
Please check post with images .

You should check at what bands works your phone, what CA, what signal-s. Then you can compare those devices.

kaspik
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:28 am

Hi Sib,

thank you for your reply. I did check with Samsung S10e. Signal is about the same. Even if signal was -91 (which is good), the speed was ~10Mbps (same channel). As I said, even my shitty Alcatel One Touch Y850 was much better. https://www.4gltemall.com/alcatel-one-touch-y850.html

I gave up and returned device. I'll probably go and order SXT LTE 6 and place it under the roof or on chimney. Should I expect the same issues with this device?

Kaspik
mikrotik.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kaspik
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:37 pm

OK, after reading thru threads. What would you recommend? Custom 800Mhz antenna with LtAP mini?

I just want to have Mikrotik a not some f*cking mobile Alcatel :).

THX!

Jaromir

Edit: I'll probably go with this one: http://www.panorama-antennas.com/site/i ... uct_id=292 and LtAP mini. Is it good idea?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:16 am

In your place first what I do.... it's a good scan of my region.
When I try found your region from data you provide, at CellMapper.net then I not have any info.
You can install CellMapper app, update thanks that app the info about your BTS... some car travel in cov time are not best plan :( but then you know where is your Best BTS.
You can do a directional antenna and try found the best tower and band.... . I use to this usb e3372 and directional antenna.

Best way is use spacific band antenna and modem with good power out.
I not see many BTS in your region, if he is correctly marked via CellMapper who found your eNB 862331 in T-Mobile ISP but he cannot place on map your bts...

kaspik
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Hi! Thank for your email!

There are 2 BTS towers. Both 800Mhz. https://en.mapy.cz/zakladni?mereni-vzda ... ncXT5vKkHS

The one that is 3km has better connection I guess. I can get up to 80Mbps with my Samsung S10e when I'm outside and when I'm roamed to it. With the same signal and when roamed to second bts (the one that is ~2km) I get ~20Mbps.

The question is - has ltap mini enough power for the panorama antenna http://www.panorama-antennas.com/site/i ... uct_id=292 ? Maybe the built in antenna will be sufficient when placed outside?

Kaspik

kaspik
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm

I did few more measurements :). Looks like that the speed is because of band 3. In Network Cell Info it shows channel 20 and LTE+. But in CellInfo it showed as band 3. Weird! I uploaded my measurements. Network Cell info shows BTS location. Not sure if accureate, but its as I drawed it into that map.

What would you recommend? SXT LTE 6 maybe to do CA? I dont think I'll be able to do more than 100Mbps anyway :).

kaspik
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:42 am

Hi all!

So I replaced WAP AC with SXT LTE. On the same spot I had much better signal. I did not measure speed.

Anyway, outside I had these numbers (pic1) and inside (under roof where it now sits) I have also quite good signal (pic2). Pretty happy...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:33 am

I am offline by some time... sorry late response.

You can do a speedtest in that 2CA order of force B3 to be the primary-band and do again speedtest.
Sometimes when you revert two bands in 2CA you reach better speed!.
For screenshot it will be:
/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="2,3,,1379,261"

AndreaCarlos
just joined

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:12 am

Hi there, sorry for late response.

The WAP AC LTE 6, I heard, doesn't have great signal in long distances from cellular tower. I think you should try connecting to higher gain external cellular antenna to it? Maybe try this site: https://bestcelldist.com/products/widea ... te6-series. They have great product (but a bit pricey though)

Hope it helps.

Cheers!