Community discussions

MikroTik App

mladenciric
just joined
Topic Author

Dude - router OS login to device from dude

Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:42 pm

Hello,
I noticed something strange on my Dude NMS.
Here is my map:
map.png
Router is connected to Dude by ipsec gre vpn as p2p ip connection.
Other devices SW, p2p link and second router named SW are also mikrotik devices.
I found that snmp information was OK on all devices, but i find also that RouterOS info was wrong. All devices behind Router displays same information as Router.
As example i will show you on pictures below.
On main Router snmp details and routeros details are the same, as it should be.I illustrate showing you tab interfaces.
SNMP detail of main router
router-snmp.png
ROS detail of main router
router-ros.png
But, on the all other devices snmp details was as it should be *related to that specific device*, while the routeros details was wrong in the sense that they are showing info about Main router
SNMP detail of SXT1 p2p Link
Link-snmp.png
ROS detail of SXT1 p2p Link
Link-ros.png
This situation was for all mikrotik devices on this specific map.
To access to devices Dude uses same credential username and password, and that user was in specific group *read, winbox, dude*.
NOTE: On same Dude server i have another maps and only here i found this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mladenciric
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Dude - router OS login to device from dude

Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Hello everybody,
Described issue is still unsolved.
Can anyone help about this topic please.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:33 am

If you use "Tools" (right hand side menu in your screenshots) and use "Terminal", are you connecting to the correct Mikrotik device from DUDE?
Unfortunately this may be a different connection than DUDE/Winbox. I know no equivalent way to do exactly that from DUDE. So using "Reconnect" and following the 'RouterOS status' "connecting" and "OK" , in the 'General' tab is then the one suggestion I have.

mladenciric
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:11 pm

If you use "Tools" (right hand side menu in your screenshots) and use "Terminal", are you connecting to the correct Mikrotik device from DUDE?
Thanks for your suggestion.
If i try to use tools/winbox it connects to right device. E.g. device with ip 10.129.6.13. But RouterOS tab on Dude still showing wrong interfaces and details

mladenciric
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:14 pm

Here are the screenshots
dude-1.png
dude-2.png
dude-3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:45 pm

If i try to use tools/winbox it connects to right device. E.g. device with ip 10.129.6.13. But RouterOS tab on Dude still showing wrong interfaces and details
The lower set of tools (Telnet,Web,FTP,Dude) start from your computer, the upper part of the list starts from the DUDE server.

If you added winbox, then that also will start from your computer. You want to test starting from the DUDE server.
Klembord-1.jpg

mladenciric
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:33 pm

The lower set of tools (Telnet,Web,FTP,Dude) start from your computer, the upper part of the list starts from the DUDE server.

If you added winbox, then that also will start from your computer. You want to test starting from the DUDE server.
Klembord-1.jpg
Thank you for suggestion. Try that also but i can access to every devices from dude using ssh.
Still cannot figured out what is the problem.