Community discussions

MikroTik App

muhamraad
just joined
Topic Author

Outdoor RouterBoard

Fri May 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Hello Guys
Is netPower 16P and netPower 15fr and Powerbox can operate in Very Hot temperature outdoor under the sun Between (50 to 60) Celsius Which Equals to (122 to 140) in Fahrenheit at summer ?
also 2011 and 3011 Routerboard can operate inside a hot cabin but has a fan?
is this temperature will effect the Performance of the device and will make Packet Loss Between Devices bridged by this routerBoard which work as bridge?
If i Put the routerBoard under umbrella is which protect the device form sun would be better?
if i Put the device inside a cabin which has a fan is this would be better?
I need your opinions urgently
Thanks .

mada3k
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Outdoor RouterBoard

Sun May 31, 2020 12:15 pm

It's always wise to avoid direct sunlight of course.

Probably not performance but high temperatures will generally decrease the overall lifetime of a device (capacitors will age faster, fans wear out).
Last edited by mada3k on Sun May 31, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptoribiop
just joined

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:48 am

problems with the equipment netpower 16p in the temperature of the equipment is worrying or is it normal for the equipment?
As shown in the images, it does not vary within these numbers, the operating team is maintained
Any comment from the mikrotik support team
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Elans
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:16 am

In the device description you can see "tested ambient temperature" range. This is the temperature in which devices are tested and are working properly. However, if you plan to use these devices in such conditions (long term close to the edge temperature), you should try to decrease the temperature, as example, in cabinet where is very high ambient temperature, we would recommend to implement active cooling.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:11 am

IMO it would be very useful if somebody (hint: MT staff) posted temperature specifications for SoC in use (Marvel Prestera DX226S) ... the "tested environment temperature" information (I guess that brochure item "Operating temperature" is about this) is great, but there are always uses falling outside what producer can test in the lab. And if a device comes with temperature sensor, it would be great to know how reported temperature compares to "comfortable" temperature range of same element. Unfortunately googling for this data I wasn't able to find it myself (seems like Marvell doesn't offer the datasheet for this SoC any more), but I'm pretty sure MT has it somewhere?
If brochure information about "Operating temperature" is actually about SoC temperature as measured by temperature sensor, then I guess this should be explicitly mentioned.