What's new in v2.12:

*) added Combo-Mode setting for combo ports;
*) allow to configure tx & rx flow control separately (only tx flow control
is enabled by default) and make them work;
*) report current status of rx/tx flow control;
*) report correctly rx/tx pause frames under Errors tab;
*) report that link is paused under Links tab;
*) report tx queue size under Stats tab;
*) make sure that SwOS is still responsive when most of SFP modules are plugged in;
*) fixed problem where switch locked up after a while and only small packets could be sent;
*) fixed problem where sometimes by loading bigger backup files switch
went into reboot loop;
*) make LACP keep working even if only one port is active in trunk
(helps with fail-over);
*) fixed problem where changing LAG mode from static to active did not work;
*) CRS328C & CRS326S: make switch accessible by web
if all SFP modules are plugged in;
*) CRS312: fixed combo ports LEDs;
*) CRS312: fixed problem where traffic on combo ports stopped working after reboot;
*) CRS328C: added support for 100Base-FX modules;
*) CRS328C: make DAC link work with CCR boards regular SFP ports;
*) CRS326Q: allow to force 10Gx4 or 40G mode on QSFP ports;
*) CRS326Q: report QSFP module status;
*) CRS328P: report correctly PoE values via SNMP;
*) CRS309: added support for ETH/BOOT port configuration;
*) CSS106: report correctly PoE & SFP values via SNMP;
*) CSS106: fixed IGMP packet forwarding when snooping is enabled;
*) CSS106: fixed SFP LED;
*) CSS106: fixed ACL, sometimes it did not work if MAC & IP address matchers
were used at same time (or when Allow-From address was specified);
*) CSS106: handle properly unknown unicast packets (do not try to send them to CPU),
otherwise under load it impacts forwarding speed of the switch;
*) CSS106: do not allow to access switch by VLAN from port that is not member
of that VLAN if port is in strict or enabled VLAN mode;
*) CSS106: make static hosts work in IVL mode;

chaigeo
just joined

Re: SwOS version 2.12 released!

Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:02 pm

Yep..
Rx Pause frames zero!!

chrismal

Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:04 pm

*) fixed problem where switch locked up after a while and only small packets could be sent;

Thank you.

Chris

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi Becs, reading the improvements, I am wondering if some of the issues I have seen on a CAPAC connected to my 260GS is related to or more accurately could cause mac address issues on the switch or back and forth with the main router. Thinking it was the capac I replaced it with a tplink eap245, but its also seeing same locked up issues.
Currently connected direct from CCR1009 to 260GS comboSFP port to SFP port respectively. I had the 260GS connected via a 24 port switch from a hex previously with same wifi issues.
Items that may be related
- small packets locking up switch temporarily
-handling of small packets
-vlan port leakage

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:18 pm

So Far two strikes and cannot recommend attempting the udpate on the 260GS models yet.
First 260GS - will not take upload tried at least 5 times, once using automated method other times via manual upload
Second 260GS - tried manual first time, it seemed to take as it showed Current as 2.12 but could not enter in any menu items and thus logged out and was no longer visible on winbox or accessible via direct lanip entry. Suspect that the config was somehow changed by the upload then??

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:24 pm

First 260GS does not want to update.
This is par for the course, everytime I update these units its like surgery with an infection.
Does anybody at MT actually use these units and test them?

Okay I can connect to the switch via the homelan on one of its untagged ports and it seems to be fine.
Not sure why it cannot be accessed 'over the network' via its trunk port??

Just to confirm there is no downside to accepting default settings
On all port flow control is enabled and auto negotiation is enabled??
On RSTP all ports have RSTP enabled (with Bridge priority at 8000 and port cost set to short)??

Special Item - I noticed WATCHDOG is checked/enabled. What does this do as I see no options of other settings for this which would be expected right??
(mikrotik discovery protocol is also enabled)

mozerd
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:53 pm

This is par for the course, everytime I update these units its like surgery with an infection.
@anav
I have the 260GS and have no issues updating at each update .... me thinks that your unit must have a defect on the board ..

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:01 pm

Very weird, I can log into and acces the 260GS from all ethernet ports.
I have a cable coming from my old router netgear being used solely as an ap/switch on VLAN11
POrt 1 is untagged vlan11
Port 2 is untagged vla
Port 3 is trunk (includes vlan11)'
POrt 4 is untagged vlan55
Port 5 is untagged vlan59
SFP is Trunk from router includes vlan11

Why am I able to login to the switch from all ports on the 260gs - is it because the the gigabit dumb/switch is allowing this??
Okay I re-deployed the switch in the basement and now its fully accessible and all the devices operating normally from the Trunk SFP port.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:03 pm

I agree mozerd, I think I have haunted switches LOL Still trying to upload the first switch with 2.12.
By the way I dont dare tough any of the security access to switch settings.
I have all the ports able to access the switch and didnt narrow it down by vlan or anything as everytime I try do to that i get locked out no matter what and have to start from defaults (I believe also goes back to first firmware on the device too.....)

Finally got the first one to upgrade, I kept hitting auto-download install on the 4th try it worked.
Same issue after upgrade, its no longer visible to winbox and not accessible through direct IP entry.
Looks like I will have to take it out and connect it up via my PC to magically let it be visible again, this is so frustrating.
Yup connected it directly at another location and now its working again back in situ..... most weird,
Last edited by anav on Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:25 pm

Two major improvements for me. First is the intermittent lockup issue that has plagued SwitchOS for quite a few releases. I will be repeating the test that I did back in April that caused both switches to lock up almost instantly. The other major improvement for me is that LACP will now work properly with only one link. Kinda defeated the purpose of LACP as a redundancy tool if the whole LAG failed if one of the links failed. I will be testing that as well.

Updated one CSS106-5G-1S, one CRS326-24G-2S+, and two CSS326-24G-2S+ without issue. The CSS106 was the only one that showed that 1.12 was available - the other three I had to do a manual upload. The CRS326 took quite a bit longer. For each update I had a continuous ping to some device that required passing packets through the switch being updated. For the three CSS switches, I dropped one or two pings, but for the CRS326, I dropped six pings before traffic resumed being passed.
Obviously I did not attempt to update my RB260GS (old hardware) since it is not compatible with 2.x firmware

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:14 pm

@anav
I have the 260GS and have no issues updating at each update .... me thinks that your unit must have a defect on the board ..
I just upgraded mine. Did it through the switch itself, downloading from Mikrotik. No problems.

gcsuri

Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:47 pm

great, thanks

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Both my 260GSs(newer) are now working just fine, just a bit of work to get there.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:52 pm

Followup. Great news.

I have now performed both my LACP test and enabled IPv6 which caused both switches to crash earlier this year. Here is a simplified drawing of my LAN.

Last April, I had enabled IPv6 on router #1 and essentially instantly, both switches crashed. This morning after installing 2.12, I enabled IPv6 on router #1 without any issues with the switches. I have a very small sample size - one incident - where both switches crashed after enabling IPv6. Was that the cause? I don't know. All I know for sure is that enabling IPv6 on router 1 this morning did not cause issues with either switch.

For the LACP test, I have to explain a little. The VLAN trunk between the two switches is currently a 1G copper connection. As you can tell from my drawing, I am exceedingly dependent on that link. If the link between the two switches fails, I loose essentially everything. One of these days, I will get a second link between the switches so that I have a redundant route - I need to install some conduit first. I have Mikrotic S85DLC05D multimode fiber SFPs in both switches, and both ends are configured exactly the same as the copper links. I have the two ports configured as Active on the LAG page on the family room switch and passive on the garage switch. For the test, I temp ran a 75 foot fiber jumper between the two switches. Before plugging in the FO jumper at the family room end, I initiated several continuous pings to various devices. When I plugged in the FO jumper, the LAG pages on both ends showed that the LAG was active, and no pings dropped. Looking at the stats page confirmed that traffic was being carried on both links. I then disconnected the copper link, and after one ping drop, all traffic was now going over the fiber link. Plugging the copper link back in, and again the LAG and stats pages showed that traffic was routing over both links. Repeated the test several times back and forth. The only thing I noticed was that when disconnecting the FO link, there was a longer ping drop before the all the traffic switched to the copper link - about 15 seconds. BTW, I had previously proved in the past that a LAG with only one working member would fail.

Initial testing shows a substantial improvement from 2.11 in these two areas.

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:51 am

@anav - if the upgrade fails on CSS106, toggling the RSTP setting on ports may help. As a last resort follow this article - Cannot upgrade SwOS. Regarding other issues you are facing, please report them separately on support portal or email to support@mikrotik.com.

walterav1984

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:07 pm

Still 1 hour after upgrade from 2.11 to 2.12 there are pause frames between 10GB SFP mkt DAC from CSS326-24G-2S+(RX pauses) to CRS328-24P-4S+(TX pauses), however its only one direction instead of both direction without 1 direction doubling as in the past...

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:58 pm

@anav - if the upgrade fails on CSS106, toggling the RSTP setting on ports may help. As a last resort follow this article - Cannot upgrade SwOS. Regarding other issues you are facing, please report them separately on support portal or email to support@mikrotik.com.
Thanks EdPa, All good now. THey are on static IPs set on the switch and the router so I think I just had to somehow kickstart them to be seen over the trunk ports. Weird but true. As far as the upgrade why they take multiple attempt to upgrade is beyond my comprehension. They are both good now.
If I had been stuck would have done the portal route.

machack
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:34 am

SwOS version 2.12 released
http://www.mikrotik.com/download
Any news About Swos for CRS354-48G-4S+2Q+?

@Mikrotik, please!!!!!

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:29 am

Hello,
We are now actively working on development of SwOS software for CRS354 devices.
It is planned to finish and release it very soon.
Regards,

machack
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:20 pm

Hello,
We are now actively working on development of SwOS software for CRS354 devices.
It is planned to finish and release it very soon.
Regards,

Thank you very much, it is very good news

bondvt
just joined

Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:39 am

SwOS version 2.12 on CSS106-5G-1S do not work with VLAN on trunk port in state "enable" or "strict". Work only in "optional". I access to switch throw this trunk port. Allow From VLAN set for number VLAN that exist in VLANs and trunk port set "leave as is" (in VLANs). I downgrade to 2.11.

My variant on 2.12: Port1 and Port5 - not used, SFP - trunk.
Pic1.png
Pic2.png
Pic3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bondvt on Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

mozerd
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:39 am

SwOS version 2.12 on CSS106-5G-1S do not work with VLAN on trunk port in state "enable" or "strict". Work only in "optional".
not a problem for me ....... maybe you should reset to factory default and start fresh.

GrandBear
just joined

Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:59 pm

I updated both my CSS326 24G 2S+ and my CRS309 1G 8S+ to SwOS 2.12. The CSS326 just took it in it's stride, but the CRS309 is now showing the links as paused (sfp1 and sfp2), although the internet is still distributed from my RB4011 through the CRS309 to everything connected to the CSS326.
I am new to networking and these are my first pieces of equipment not supplied by my ISP.
RB4011- sfp to - CRS309 sfp1- sfp2 to CSS326 sfp1

GrandBear
just joined

Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:05 pm

This is an image of the link tab.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:01 pm

Does power-cycle of your CRS309 make any difference?

biomesh
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Have you tried to disable flow control Rx and tx on all routers/switches on the sfp+ interfaces?

jaimelive
just joined

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:14 pm

This is an image of the link tab.
Capture.PNG
I'm seeing the same on a CRS309-1G-8S+ after update. Power cycle didn't solve it, disabling TX flow control changes state back to link on.
Is this intended? Shouldn't the pause only happen in a situation of congestion?
Thanks in advance.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:24 pm

SwOS version 2.12 on CSS106-5G-1S do not work with VLAN on trunk port in state "enable" or "strict". Work only in "optional". I access to switch throw this trunk port. Allow From VLAN set for number VLAN that exist in VLANs and trunk port set "leave as is" (in VLANs). I downgrade to 2.11.

Working fine on my CSS106-5G-1S with version 2.12

troybowman
just joined

Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Hooray! I've been waiting for this fix for a long time.

GrandBear
just joined

Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:49 am

As with the first reply, power cycle didn't resolve the issue, although sfp 1 did show an active link for a few minutes before going back link paused. I will try the other suggestion of disabling the Tx/Rx flow and see if it works. Are there any side effects of disabling the Tx/Rx flow?

GrandBear
just joined

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:38 am

1st image shows that turning of Tx/Rx Flow control on the CRS309 1G 8S+ solved the paused link issue for me. The 2nd image shows that my CSS26 24G 2S+ is happy with the flow control on. Why?
CRS 309 1G 8S+ without Tx-Rx Flow control.PNG

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:50 am

Flow control is optional thing. Disabling Rx flow control means device won't send out pause/resume frames if Rx buffer gets full (it will silently drop frames instead). Disabling Tx flow control means device won't pause Tx on reception pause frame from the link partner (and link partner will silently drop subsequent frames).

zelthian
just joined

Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:41 am

I updated both my CSS326 24G 2S+ and my CRS309 1G 8S+ to SwOS 2.12. The CSS326 just took it in it's stride, but the CRS309 is now showing the links as paused (sfp1 and sfp2), although the internet is still distributed from my RB4011 through the CRS309 to everything connected to the CSS326.
I am new to networking and these are my first pieces of equipment not supplied by my ISP.
RB4011- sfp to - CRS309 sfp1- sfp2 to CSS326 sfp1
-
I'm seeing the same on a CRS309-1G-8S+ after update. Power cycle didn't solve it, disabling TX flow control changes state back to link on.
Is this intended? Shouldn't the pause only happen in a situation of congestion?
Thanks in advance.

I'm seeing the same on my home CRS309. It's not heavily burdened, but every SFP+ port that's active is showing "link paused", and I also see 1 TX Pause on each interface that's paused on the Errors tab. Despite this, the switch seems to be operating just fine. Very weird.

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:39 am

@bondvt - thank you for sharing the details, the CSS106 with 2.12 version and enabled VLAN filtering drops received BPDUs, which might affect the management traffic. We will fix this in further SwOS versions.
@GrandBear and zelthian - the Tx Flow Control on CRS309 does seem to fail on 2.12 version. We look forward to fixing this on further SwOS versions, in the meantime, you should keep this feature disabled.

GrandBear
just joined

Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:27 pm

@EdPa thank you for your support.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:53 pm

Two CSS326-24G-2S+ units with six 1G cables joining them together. All six ports set as 'passive' on router #1 and 'active' on router #2. This worked perfectly with SWOS 2.11. Upgraded both units to 2.12 and did not change the configuration - the network becomes saturated with traffic and unusable. Disable five of the six ports and it all returns to normal.
Is this a bad config on my part, or a problem with 2.12?

biomesh
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:13 pm

For lag config you would set both sides to active to have them participate in the group. One of the changes in this version was to allow lag to work with only one member active. While there could be an issue with how much membership traffic is sent, this is really a config issue on your end.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:59 pm

For lag config you would set both sides to active to have them participate in the group.
I'll try it - 2.11 didn't work when they were both active, but worked perfectly with active/passive, so maybe I did it wrong because it was the only thing that was right.
Thank you for the comment.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:03 pm

For lag config you would set both sides to active to have them participate in the group.
Nope. Just tried it. Still saturates the network. So I can't find any combination of active/passive/static that works :-(

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:09 pm

For lag config you would set both sides to active to have them participate in the group. One of the changes in this version was to allow lag to work with only one member active. While there could be an issue with how much membership traffic is sent, this is really a config issue on your end.
I did a test between my two CSS326 switches on the day that 2.12 came out with LAG. I set one end to passive and the other to active and it worked properly with one or two connections. Documented in post 15 above.

biomesh
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:03 am

@k6ccc - You are right, just tested with my css326. In the past with other switches I have had to set it to active. I set mine to active or passive, either way it worked for my lacp based lag.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 am

It's working...
I had to get somebody to site to power-cycle the switches (a remote reboot made no difference) and it's all working as before.
Now that's a bit annoying.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:37 pm

So....
Worked perfectly for four hours. Then it started saturating the network again and I had to remove five of the six ports before it went back to normal.
Thinking I'm going to have to downgrade to 2.11.

uefcommand
just joined

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:57 am

Greetings, I updated my CRS312-4C+8XG to swithos 2.12 and when I did that all my devices that are multi GIG 2.5 or 5GIG are no longer working. They say they are connected but I can not ping or get traffic. I have tried to reinstall and also reset the switch. Any ideas? Also can I get 2.11 back? This is a major issue.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:54 am

Thinking I'm going to have to downgrade to 2.11.
I did a bit more testing and then decided to downgrade to 2.11. It's all working perfectly again. The only problem is that the end user now needs me to fill in paperwork to document why they're not running the latest stable version.

There is a definite problem with LAG in 2.12.

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:56 am

Also can I get 2.11 back?
Yes. Find the link for the latest version for your hardware and edit it... So
https://download.mikrotik.com/swos2/css ... 6-2.12.bin
becomes
https://download.mikrotik.com/swos2/css ... 6-2.11.bin
for example.

dfelsch
just joined

Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:21 pm

*) CRS309: added support for ETH/BOOT port configuration;
May I hope that this will be available for the CRS326Q in the next release?

caustic
just joined

Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:17 pm

Hello,
I can confirm the SwOS version 2.12 is completely crap. In my case I loosinge the connection between two CS326-24G-2S+ connected with two S+RJ10 .

After some hours of use with 2.12 I'm back to 2.11 and everything is working fine...

Normally for a switchos it absolutly not tested....
Mircotik you should give a hand of users some betas for testing before you spread such a crap.
Excuse, but this Version costs me two days of workt .... here wie tried to setup a server with 8VM's and we were loosing connction every 20 Minutes... testing Networkcables and so on. till we noticed the switch is blocking...but no errors reported... lol

Mike72
just joined

Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:11 am

Hi all,

unfortunately have to confirm major problems with 2.12. Updating 2 CS106-5G-1S nearly wrecked my network. Took me a day to figure out I had to turn off RSTP on all Ports to make it work again.

iwade
just joined

Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:03 pm

upgraded to this release last night on a crs312 and crs305- the crs312 broke badly and had to be rolled back.

link was established @ 2.5Gbps to an Asus ZenWiFi AP but no traffic was passing in either direction.

I'm new to MikroTik and this is not reassuring :(

kuhlimuh
just joined

Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:14 pm

Hey everyone,

we have several CSS326-24G-2S+ and updated them to 2.12 today. On each of our switches all used ports are flashing sinchronal and we are wondering if that behaviour is normal? The switches work fine as far as we can judge.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:51 pm

Hey everyone,

we have several CSS326-24G-2S+ and updated them to 2.12 today. On each of our switches all used ports are flashing sinchronal and we are wondering if that behaviour is normal? The switches work fine as far as we can judge.
Could be. I'm not home right now, but one of my CSS326 switches in in view of one of my security cameras (camera not intended to look at the switch, but it is visible). If I understand what you are seeing, I am seeing the same thing. If a port has activity such that the busy LED is flashing, all such ports flash together as far as I can tell via my camera.

GrandBear
just joined

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:09 pm

I've just checked my CSS326-24G-2S and all the active ports are blinking in unison.

GrandBear
just joined

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Brilliant, having fixed the link paused issue, I had constant pause errors on the Tx of my CSS326 24G 2S+ connected via SFP+ 1 to my CRS 309 1G 8S+ on SFP+2 using a fibre optic cable. This now seems to be solved by having both ports active and Tx/Rx control off. No pause errors reported for the last 24 hours :-)
CSS326 24G 2S+ Tx-Rx control off.PNG
CRS309 1G 8S+ no errors.PNG
CSS326 24G 2S+ no errors.PNG

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Could be. I'm not home right now, but one of my CSS326 switches in in view of one of my security cameras (camera not intended to look at the switch, but it is visible). If I understand what you are seeing, I am seeing the same thing. If a port has activity such that the busy LED is flashing, all such ports flash together as far as I can tell via my camera.
Mine is doing a little different: I can see individual ports blinking alone - but several times all ports blink. I think it is related to broadcasts: every time something is broadcasted, all lights blink. Fair enough - they are passing traffic.

biomesh
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi all,

unfortunately have to confirm major problems with 2.12. Updating 2 CS106-5G-1S nearly wrecked my network. Took me a day to figure out I had to turn off RSTP on all Ports to make it work again.
I can confirm that rstp does not work with 2.12 on the cs106-1g-4p-1s as well. It works fine on the css326-24g-2s+RM and crs309-1g-8s+in.

andkar

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:09 pm

CSS106-5G-1S SwOS v2.12

If Mikrotik Discovery Protocol is disabled the error statistics stops counting errors.

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:27 pm

CSS106-5G-1S SwOS v2.12

If Mikrotik Discovery Protocol is disabled the error statistics stops counting errors.
That's interesting. Do it really stop counting? Or is the discovery protocol that causes the errors, and with it disabled there are no errors to count?

- EDIT -
Did a test with one CSS106-1G-4P-1S. I know, I know: not the same model. But I got curious, to see if would happen the same thing with it.
No, the errors keep getting counted, even with the discovery protocol disabled.

andkar

Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:36 pm

CSS106-5G-1S SwOS v2.12

That's interesting. Do it really stop counting? Or is the discovery protocol that causes the errors, and with it disabled there are no errors to count?

- EDIT -
Did a test with one CSS106-1G-4P-1S. I know, I know: not the same model. But I got curious, to see if would happen the same thing with it.
No, the errors keep getting counted, even with the discovery protocol disabled.
I have tested on 2 different CSS106-5G-1S, one with VLAN's, port isolation, IVL etc and second one with default config - Same result.
Tested with port duplex mismatch between another switch and the default config CSS (to create lots of errors). No error logging unless MDP is enabled. If I again disable MPD error numbers just freeze.

leobryan
just joined

Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:05 pm

update to version 2.12 and I deleted the Mac Address and the Series.
Any solution?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:44 pm

update to version 2.12 and I deleted the Mac Address and the Series.
Any solution?
I don't understand your statement. What do you mean that you deleted the MAC and the series (or was that supposed to be Serial?). You as a user do not have the ability to change either of those fields from the GUI, as far as I know. Or do you mean that when you did the update, the MAC and serial number became blank?
What switch was this on?

TomSF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:02 am

I am not able to upgrade a CSS106-5G-1S. it detects there is a new version but every time I "Download and Upgrade" it fails. I downloaded the upgrade and tried to manually upgrade and it failed too. After upgrade failure, the switch will not respond to its DHCP provided IP address until I power cycle it. I am at a loss what to do to get it upgraded.

wuffzack
just joined

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:32 am

I am not able to upgrade a CSS106-5G-1S. it detects there is a new version but every time I "Download and Upgrade" it fails. I downloaded the upgrade and tried to manually upgrade and it failed too. After upgrade failure, the switch will not respond to its DHCP provided IP address until I power cycle it. I am at a loss what to do to get it upgraded.
Toggling the RSTP setting on ports may help. It did for me. But SwOS version 2.12 did not work well on my CSS106-5G-1S, I am back to 2.11

drillstring
just joined

Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:16 pm

On CRS328-24P-4S+ upgraded to SWOS 2.12 (shows 2.12p) from ROS.
When changing settings and pressing "Apply All" the new settings are used. After a reboot the settings are back to default. Is there a way to save the settings to survive a reboot?

With regards, Marco

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:15 pm

The only thing I can think of is create save a backup copy of the current setup and when it resets to defaults, load your saved backup copy.

drillstring
just joined

Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 pm

Hello anav,

This can be a short term solution during fault finding but will not be practical for the long term. Waiting for the switch to behave strange due to a reboot or power outage is no option.

With regards, Marco

dcol
just joined

Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:51 am

Since flow control has to be turned off, should I also disable it in the NIC? Is flow control that important? If so, I think I may also go back to 2.11.

john231
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:28 pm

Anyone who has been having trouble uprgading from 2.10 to 2.11 or 2.12 i turned RSTP on and after that i managed to upgrade the swOS no problem. Don't know why that is the case.

dcol
just joined

Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:13 pm

This morning I found the switch in a frozen state after computers were turn on and all the ports started turning on then off. I downgraded back to 2.11. First thing I noticed was the performance increased. Either there is something wrong with 2.12 or the switch itself. Time will be the test here. I turned flow control back on.

dcol
just joined

Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:38 pm

So far so good with 2.11. No more freezes in the switch. Tried multiple restarts on systems.
2.12 has issues!

dcol
just joined

Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:18 am

Please fix 2.12
Many people having issues.

nagi603
just joined

Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:50 pm

Just adding, the CSS326-24G-2S+ still cannot fully work with T-Home's IPTV (in Hungary, presumably same infra as as the German Deutsche Telekom, as that's the parent company). Snooping on or off.

The stream starts without problem, but after about 5-10 minutes, it freezes for half a minute. The only fully working version is still before IGMP snooping was introduced (2.4, from 2017). Even if that causes higher network activity. If it helps, the STB boxes are Technicolor ISB2201MAG models, HW version 6.2.0.6

TomSF
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Anyone who has been having trouble uprgading from 2.10 to 2.11 or 2.12 i turned RSTP on and after that i managed to upgrade the swOS no problem. Don't know why that is the case.
Turning on RSTP on all ports allowed me to upgrade too. After turning it on, the first attempt failed but the second attempt immediately rebooted the switch and it came up with 2.12. I left RSTP on and things have been running OK.

MarcSN
just joined

Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:46 pm

Will SwOS get 802.1BR ?

dll2003

Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:47 pm

Hi!
Many thanks for the advice.
I could not successfully upgrade my RB260GS from version 2.10 to 2.12, just like I did before to 2.11.
But after that I turned on the RSTP on the port, where I connected my laptop, and after performing the manual update I was successful.
Many thanks again.

P.S. My second switch (RB260GSP) upgraded from 2.11 to 2.12 without any problems and dancing with a tambourine;)

dcol
just joined

Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:45 pm

2.12 has many issues on CRS309. Worse being ports randomly shutting down and switch freezing which is totally unacceptable. With 2.11 ports will sometimes shut down if a computer is rebooted, but never while running. And we all know about the RX/TX flow control issues in 2.12 which is what I suspect is connected to the shutting down issue. When are we to expect 2.13+ with these issues resolved?

wojrep

Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:40 am

Request: I propose that after clicking "Reset Configuration" you should be asked to confirm this action.

The "Reset Configuration" button is close to the "Save Backup" button and it's easy to click wrongly, especially when working remotely.

NobleKangaroo
just joined

Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:54 pm

2.12 has many issues on CRS309. Worse being ports randomly shutting down and switch freezing which is totally unacceptable. With 2.11 ports will sometimes shut down if a computer is rebooted, but never while running. And we all know about the RX/TX flow control issues in 2.12 which is what I suspect is connected to the shutting down issue. When are we to expect 2.13+ with these issues resolved?
I'm glad (not glad, it's super annoying) that I'm not the only one having this issue. One day all 3 of my servers, each with 4 interfaces in LAGGs, all working no problem. Next day, one server has 2 interfaces "stuck" down, won't respond to disabling/re-enabling ports on either the switch or the client side. So basically every few days I go from 4 to 1 interface left and have to power down my VMs on my servers so I can reboot my switch and not risk ruining my VMs due to randomly losing connection to the datastore over iSCSI... NOT happy with this band-aid. I'm considering returning the device, which is a shame because it's only been like 6 weeks since I bought it.

In the end I think I'll keep it for now at least, but hoping that this is improved/resolved in v2.13. If not, that'll probably be the end of the road for my MikroTik adventures which is unfortunate, because they make very easy to use devices for small business owners / home labbers. Really looking forward to the day I don't have to check my switch several times throughout the day to make sure I am not going to lose data.

For reference, I'm running a CRS326-24S+2Q+RM on SwOS v2.12 after upgrading from a CRS317-1G-16S+RM, on which I never had this problem. I don't know what version of SwOS I was running on the CRS317 but it very well may have been v2.12 as I tend to keep my devices very well up to date.
Last edited by NobleKangaroo on Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

wojrep

Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:33 am

Have you checked CRS309 with RouterOS installed?
I only use the soft one for CRS3xx and I don't see any problems.

huntah
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:13 am

I can confirm that RSTP on CSS106 is broken..
If I enable it it does not compute the right Root Bridge. Root Bridge is always the CSS106 itself. Regardless of Bridge Priority.
Directly attached CRS212 port is in Learning and discarding state...

It only helps to disable RSTP on CRS212 and than disable RSTP on connected port.

I have tried several CSS106 (POE and NON POE). The uplinks are always via SFP port. Diffrent locations.. same network!

Downgrade to 2.11 fixes the issue.

P.S.: Also RTSP seems to be broken on hAP-Lite (ROS 6.46.8 LONGTERM and 6.48 Stable)..

usovalx5

Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:30 pm

Are there any updates on SWOS 2.12 and RSTP issues on CSS106-5G-1S switches?

blinkstar88
just joined

Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:52 am

where i can download swos for CRS318-16P-2S+OUT (netPower 16p) ?

bsinz
just joined

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:37 am

We are having issue with sending from computer on 10G SFP+ port to server on 40g QSFP port.
Its erratic and very slow connection. Appears the CRS326-24S+2Q+RM chokes Rx/Tx.

spiceygas
just joined

Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:32 pm

Has anyone figured out how to get 2.5gbps connections running on SwOS v2.12? I'm observing the same problem on a CRS312-4C+8XG. Clearly it's not an isolated problem because multiple people are reporting the same problem.

I thought about going to v2.11, but the download archive page doesn't have old versions of SwOS.

Report #1
Greetings, I updated my CRS312-4C+8XG to swithos 2.12 and when I did that all my devices that are multi GIG 2.5 or 5GIG are no longer working. They say they are connected but I can not ping or get traffic. I have tried to reinstall and also reset the switch. Any ideas? Also can I get 2.11 back? This is a major issue.
Report #2
upgraded to this release last night on a crs312 and crs305- the crs312 broke badly and had to be rolled back.

link was established @ 2.5Gbps to an Asus ZenWiFi AP but no traffic was passing in either direction.

Report #3
Add me to the list that had to roll my CRS312 back to 2.11. 2.12 didn’t like my 2.5G adapters on my network.

spiceygas
just joined

Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:39 pm

Has anyone figured out how to get 2.5gbps connections running on SwOS v2.12? I'm observing the same problem on a CRS312-4C+8XG. Clearly it's not an isolated problem because multiple people are reporting the same problem.

I thought about going to v2.11, but the download archive page doesn't have old versions of SwOS.

Report #1
Report #2

Report #3
Add me to the list that had to roll my CRS312 back to 2.11. 2.12 didn’t like my 2.5G adapters on my network.
Support got back to me and provided a link to v2.11. I can confirm that going to that version fixed my connectivity issues with 2.5gbps devices. If others are having the same difficulty, support can provide you the link to v2.11.

Support also indicated that they plan to fix the bug in v2.13.

horstkevin

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:17 pm

I have 33 pieces of the CSS326-24G-2S+ running and the problem is that after some weeks/months I dont have any access to System and Host in the WEBCONFIG any more.
After rebooting they are working fine again for some time.
Can you please fix this?
I have had the same problem with SwOS 2.11.
AFAIK this problem has been fixed in SwOS 2.12.
See first thread:

What SwOS-Version are you running?

horstkevin

Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Hi there,

today over 8 months have passed since swOS 2.12. has beend released and there is still no new version where bugs are fixed?

Thats a little bit sad.

Not begging for any new features - please just fix the bugs - cant be so complicated.
Should it be necessary just go one step back and remove the latest changes that dont work reliably - but i'm expecting that there's a version that's really stable for use in productive environment.

thx in advance.

Dingodude
just joined

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:33 am

I really wish I would have seen this before I bought and upgraded my CSR309. What a piece of shit. Have to install wine to get to routerOS just to swtich to swOS. Then when things still aren't working right I decide to upgrade the firmware only to see link paused on all my sfp connections. wtf, how can you even call this a product. Happy to be returning this in favor of a brocade

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:46 pm

Saiks, SwOS has web interface only. The app is only for RouterOS.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:20 am

RB260GSP, restricting forwarding does not work. The switch forwards traffic between all ports even when unchecking forwarding options.

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:56 am

Version 2.13 of SwOS has been released:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=174849