MikroTik App

resotat
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Boards keep Freezing

Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:04 pm

Hello

I have an issue not sure if it is a hardware issue or a software issue. Here is my sad story.

I have numerous boards types in the fields. Lately I have noticed that they are locking up all the time...... seems to be totally random. When they lock up you can not log into them and they even stop broadcasting. All these boards are in AP/ Bridge Mode. So it is happening on RB 912, RB921 in both Mant 15, Mant 19 and QRT. Only the 912 is not AC. Now none of the Units are running AC just N on a 40 Wide Channel. They are all using NV2 with a 2Ms Period and an appropriate distance for what is connected. The Connected client are a mix of 911-lites, LHG, Disclite and Disclite AC even a couple of 411 in there. That mix has no effect.

If I have the Watchdog on and the Automatic Supout on the board will just reboot. However it takes everyone off line and it can happen every few hours or once a day its seems totally random.

Now I have tried taking them and all connected antennas to the latest long Term Version and updated the Routerboard to the latest version still have the same issue.

I should add that I have other QRT's that are being used in a Point to Point not a point to multi point configuration and they do not suffer from this issue.

And I have some RMG 11 with the microtik AC mini PCI radio Card. They are not doing this.

What I have noticed is all the Boards with MIPS 74Kc CPU's regardless of version are doing this.

Since this is Only happening to these processor boards when they are running in Point to Multi Point mode. I am left to conclude that there is a problem with software version Router OS 6.2 and later perhaps even earlier as this problem was never there before. I am assuming it is just with NV2.

Is anyone else having this issue?

neutronlaser

Re: Boards keep Freezing

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:22 pm

What do the logs say? Write them to disk if they disappear on reboot.

creatin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:25 pm

Overheating?

Van9018
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:33 am

While it's working, see if anything is working the CPU harder than it should be. Tools > Profiler

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:28 pm

I am left to conclude that there is a problem with software version Router OS 6.2 and later perhaps even earlier as this problem was never there before.
Do you really run RouterOS v6.2?
That's 7 years old!

There are dozens and dozens of fixes and new features since then!
I'd say, try to upgrade first.

Then I'd look into power. Unstable power can cause lockups or resets.