Community discussions

MikroTik App

muhanadali
Topic Author

cloudflare warp

Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:30 am

any feature to run cloudflare warp on mikrotik ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cloudflare warp

Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:37 am

Yes and no. There doesn't seem to be any official way, but it uses Wireguard, so if you can get your hands on the right config, it should work with RouterOS v7 (currently it's only beta).

I tried quick test with https://github.com/ViRb3/wgcf, which is some tool that can register account and get config, and when applied to RouterOS, it works. Well, it worked for about five minutes when I was testing it, but I have no idea if it should last forever or if it will have to be updated in future. Neither I know anything about their terms of use or anything like that.

Let's say that at first sight it's not completely hopeless.

anup
just joined

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:19 am

Yes and no. There doesn't seem to be any official way, but it uses Wireguard, so if you can get your hands on the right config, it should work with RouterOS v7 (currently it's only beta).

I tried quick test with https://github.com/ViRb3/wgcf, which is some tool that can register account and get config, and when applied to RouterOS, it works. Well, it worked for about five minutes when I was testing it, but I have no idea if it should last forever or if it will have to be updated in future. Neither I know anything about their terms of use or anything like that.

Let's say that at first sight it's not completely hopeless.
Can you share your config? I am able to browse the site that are using Cloudflare. Everything else not working.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:40 pm

I was happy to discover that they offer 1.1.1.2 that help stops malware.
I was hoping that someone would develop a Docker/container capability to run some of the cloudfare apps.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:47 pm

It was one-time test more than a year ago... but I found the saved info. There's nothing special, just regular WG config. Translated to RouterOS, if I need to route everything through CF:
/interface wireguard
add listen-port=13231 mtu=1280 name=cloudflare private-key=<key from PrivateKey>
/interface wireguard peers
add allowed-address=<long list of subnets from AllowedIPs> endpoint-address=<hostname from Endpoint> endpoint-port=<port from Endpoint> interface=cloudflare public-key=<key from PublicKey>
/ip address
add address=<address from Address> interface=cloudflare
/ip route
add dst-address=<address of hostname from Endpoint>/32 gateway=<my regular default gw>
add dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 gateway=cloudflare
I tested access to my own address and few others that definitely have nothing to do with CF, and I can access all of them.