MikroTik App

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

No web, no Winbox; “Home AP Dual” con “Quit Set”

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:51 am

SORRY I CAN ONLY USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR:
Good evening, it's my 4th Mikrotik team and I'm already desperate.
It turns out that both with Winbox and with the Web, I access the new hAP for its simple configuration in "Home AP Dual" mode with "Quit Set", but I access it from its factory IP and its admin user.
Every time I configure it (only "Quit Set" in "Home AP Dual") and I put the fixed IP of the range of my LAN, I configure it and go to its installation, in a very gratifying way, as it has happened to me with the other three previous teams (LHG XL 2, hAP ​​and Metal 52 ac), it works like clockwork, we are going great, but ...
Well, it turns out that if I want to access it again, I have to give it a reset, because neither with the new IP, nor with the three MACs, that of the router and those of the two Wi-Fi's, I no longer manage to re-enter its Configuration page, neither with the Web, nor with Winbox for mac, I fit Metal 52 perfectly, (I can't test the other two computers, it is installed in my caravan).
I have not changed the username or added any password.
A help please.
Always grateful, greetings and Merry Christmas.
IDIOMA ORIGINAL - GRACIAS
Buenas noches, es mi 4º equipo Mikrotik y ya estoy desesperado.
Resulta que tanto con Winbox y como con la Web, accedo al nuevo hAP para su sencilla configuración en modo “Home AP Dual” con “Quit Set”, pero accedo desde su IP de fábrica y su usuario admin.
Cada vez que le configuro (solo “Quit Set” en “Home AP Dual”) y le pongo la IP fija del rango de mi LAN, le configuro y paso a su instalación, de forma muy gratificante, tal y como me ha pasado con los otros tres equipos anteriores (LHG XL 2, hAP y Metal 52 ac), funciona como un reloj, vamos una maravilla, pero ...
Pues resulta que si quiero volver a acceder a él, tengo que darle un reset, porque ni con la nueva IP, ni con las tres MAC, la del router y las de las dos wifi´s, ya no consigo volver a entrar a su página de configuración, ni con la Web, ni con Winbox para mac, al Metal 52 entro perfectamente, (a los otros dos equipos no puedo probar, esta instalados en mi caravana).
No he cambiado el usuario ni he añadido contraseña alguna.
Una ayuda por favor.
Siempre agradecido, saludos y Feliz Navidad.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: No web, no Winbox; “Home AP Dual” con “Quit Set”

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:53 am

How do you connect to the hAP after the "Home AP Dual" configuration ? Wireless or via ethernet ?
Don't use ether1 , because that is the WAN connection, and incoming access is blocked by the firewall. The wireless WLAN1 and WLAN2 and other ethernet ports should be OK to connect.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:07 pm

GOOGLE TRANSLATION
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I have tried:
- With the new IP of the router.
- With the mac of the router
- With 2.4 GHz wifi
- With 2.4 GHz wifi mac
- With 5 GHz wifi
- With 5 GHz wifi mac
Never through the mouth of the WAN, connecting the mac to the LAN, I don't remember which of the 4 mouths.
The router gives service, it works very well, but ..., I can no longer enter it to continue configuring it.
Except for a new reset.
Best regards.
Peter.
IDIOMA ORIGINAL:
Muchas, muchas gracias por su pronta respuesta.
He provado:
- Con la nueva IP del router.
- Con la mac del router
- Con wifi 2,4 GHz
- Con la mac de wifi 2,4 GHz
- Con wifi 5 GHz
- Con la mac de wifi 5 GHz
Nunca por la boca de la WAN, conectando el mac a la LAN, no recuerdo cual de las 4 bocas.
El router da servicio, funciona muy bien, pero..., ya no puedo entrar en él para seguir configurandole.
Salvo nuevo reset.
Saludos cordiales.
Pedro.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:30 pm

If you are connected, can you see the router in the "Neighbors" tab of WinBox ? Double click on the MAC address to connect.

For the IP connectivity... can you PING, Telnet or SSH to the router? Is the PC and router IP address in the same subnet?

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:46 pm

GOOGLE TRANSLATION
First very grateful for your help
"If you are connected, can you see the router in the "Neighbors" tab of WinBox ? Double click on the MAC address to connect.".
Nothing appears in the "neighbors" tab, it is empty, but I know the router's "MAC address" and the username and password (blank), so I manually configure the "managed" tab and I CANNOT connect.
I also know the "MAC address" of the 2 wifis and it doesn't connect.
"For the IP connectivity... can you PING, Telnet or SSH to the router? Is the PC and router IP address in the same subnet?"
PING correct, no problem.
The router and the wifi's work very well, they are giving me service very well, both the ports of the LAN and the WIFI's.
- The 2.4 GHz wifi, gives me service to more than 20 home automation equipment
- the 5 GHz wifi gives correct service to the iPhons, Ipad and Mac of the family unit.
- The LAN mouths serve multimedia, SONOS, TV and ALEXA.
TELNET and SSH, say that I have not configured anything outside of the "Quit Set", I think I tried with a terminal and could not, I will try this afternoon.
Greetings and thanks
Peter
IDIOMA NATIVO
Primero muy agradecido por su ayuda
"Si está conectado, ¿puede ver el enrutador en la pestaña" Vecinos "de WinBox? Haga doble clic en la dirección MAC para conectarse".
No aparece nada en la pestaña "vecinos", está vacía, pero conozco la "dirección MAC" del enrutador y el nombre de usuario y la contraseña (en blanco), así que configuro manualmente la pestaña "administrador" y NO PUEDO conectarme.
También conozco la "dirección MAC" de los 2 wifis y no se conecta.
"Para la conectividad IP ... ¿puede hacer PING, Telnet o SSH al enrutador? ¿La PC y la dirección IP del enrutador están en la misma subred?"
PING correcto, no hay problema.
El router y el wifi funcionan muy bien, me están dando muy bien el servicio, tanto los puertos de la LAN como los de WIFI.
- El wifi de 2,4 GHz, me da servicio a más de 20 equipos de domótica
- el wifi de 5 GHz da servicio correcto a los iPhons, Ipad y Mac de la unidad familiar.
- The LAN ports provide service to multimedia, SONOS, TV and ALEXA.
TELNET y SSH, dicen que no he configurado nada fuera del "Quit Set", creo que lo intenté con un terminal y no pude, lo intentaré esta tarde.
Saludos y gracias
Pedro

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:07 pm

Nothing appears in the "neighbors" tab, it is empty, but I know the router's "MAC address"
You need to see the MAC address in neighbors. You don't know what the MAC address on the bridge will be (normally first operational interface, so it could be ether2 also), unless you have set the Administrator address on the bridge what is not possible in Quick set. The MAC address for the internet connection in the Quick set cannot be used for connecting!. For ethernet you need to be on the same L2 broadcast domain (no routers in between).

Normally Quick set "Home AP Dual" sets the bridge to the LAN "interface list", and ether1 to the WAN "interface list". All ports on the bridge (WLAN1, WLAN2, ether2...n) are LAN interfaces due to their connection to the bridge and the default setting in the Firewall for LAN is to allow all incoming access.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:09 pm

192.168.1.69 = METAL 52 de Mikrotik 100% funcionando.
192.168.1.2 hAP de Mikrotik 95% funcionando, NO CONECTA CON Winbox.

Gracias
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Mi configuración.

Gracias.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:24 pm

You need to see the MAC address in neighbors. You don't know what the MAC address on the bridge will be (normally first operational interface, so it could be ether2 also), unless you have set the Administrator address on the bridge what is not possible in Quick set. The MAC address for the internet connection in the Quick set cannot be used for connecting!. For ethernet you need to be on the same L2 broadcast domain (no routers in between).

Normally Quick set "Home AP Dual" sets the bridge to the LAN "interface list", and ether1 to the WAN "interface list". All ports on the bridge (WLAN1, WLAN2, ether2...n) are LAN interfaces due to their connection to the bridge and the default setting in the Firewall for LAN is to allow all incoming access.

GOOGLE TRANSLATION

First very grateful for your help

I assimilate, study and answer, I have to take the car to move, I continue this afternoon, I apologize.

Greetings and thanks
Peter

IDIOMA NATIVO
Primero muy agradecido por su ayuda

Asimilo, estudio y contesto, tengo que coger el coche para desplazarme, continuo esta tarde, pido perdon.

Saludos y gracias
Pedro

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:30 pm

What is in " IP-> Neighbors" on the Metal 52 ?

Your WinBox starts from your PC, not from the Metal 52 if you connect to the hAP. So PING should be tested from the PC to know if you can reach the hAP with IP.

You can Telnet from the PC (Putty) or from the Metal 52 (Tools->Telnet).
Opening "New WinBox"  always opens from the PC, not from the Metal.

How are these two MKT connected? I suspect a routed connection with identical subnets.
Forget the above , it's not needed anymore ... because ...

And now I see your config: indeed your internet connection and LAN connection have the same subnet. This setup is not valid ! Even invalid without NAT.
When a routed (and firewall) setup is used then:
1. The "Local network" must be a different subnet
2. 192.168.1.9 cannot be used for management from 192.168.1.x source

OR: The setup should be bridged if you want transparant access for the hAP.
1.Connect the Metal ethernet cable to ether2 on the hAP , not to the WAN port ether1!!
2. Use DHCP client on the bridge, or set default IP route, and DNS to the gateway 192.168.1.1 yourselves for AP management.
Last edited by bpwl on Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

w32pamela
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Your first screen shot shows the metal 52ac Quick Set mode set to WispAP. I would expect this to be set to CPE when used in a caravan.

If you go to Terminal in each device and enter /export hide-sensitive file=putyournamehere and then attach the files for each device to a post we could see your configuration and perhaps understand what is going on.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:38 pm

Thanks a lot.
"And now I see your config: indeed your internet connection and LAN connection have the same subnet. This setup is not valid ! Even invalid without NAT.
When a routed (and firewall) setup is used then:
1. The "Local network" must be a different subnet
2. 192.168.1.9 cannot be used for management from 192.168.1.x source

OR:The setup should be bridged if you want transparant access for the hAP.
1.Connect the Metal ethernet cable to ether2 on the hAP , not to the WAN port ether1!!
2. Use DHCP client on the bridge, or set default IP route, and DNS to the gateway 192.168.1.1 yourselves for AP management."

Thanks a lot.
I have set the same subnet to have the 4 ports of the LAN available. If this cannot be done, I will try to do what you tell me and I will put the results.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:00 pm

Thanks a lot.
Your first screen shot shows the metal 52ac Quick Set mode set to WispAP. I would expect this to be set to CPE when used in a caravan.
METAL 52 is also in my house it works very well, in the caravan I have an LG antenna to capture wifi and a hAP router for multimedia, tv, ipad and telephones, they work great.
If you go to Terminal in each device and enter /export hide-sensitive file=putyournamehere and then attach the files for each device to a post we could see your configuration and perhaps understand what is going on.
I cannot go to the terminal without doing a reset, this is the problem, I cannot enter Winbox, but working it works, but without entering Winbox it is a big problem.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Mi esquema
Gracias

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:28 pm

You should enter the hAP via the SSID (WLAN) of the hAP if you use wireless.
But with the successful PING to 192.168.1.2 Winbox should work.
192.168.1.2 is your local network as seen in the Quick set screenshot. Quick set allows everything from the local network.
(Or you must have done something else than just the Quick set.)

If you connect the hAP via ethernet to the Metal 52 ac then use any ethernet port except the ether1 port. This makes the Metal and hAP part of just one subnet.
You should be able to connect via WinBox MAC (select the MAC not the IP address) even if the hAP is not connected to the Metal 52 ac.
But I'm not sure you have WinBox on your MacBook.

Make sure nothing is connected to the ether1 interface of the hAP!

the hAP must be connected with a LAN port, not with a WAN port.
Klembord-1.jpg
What hAP is this: hAP ac2, hAP ac, hAP ac Lite, hAP ac3,.... ?

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:30 pm

To enter through Winbox I connect to the hAP LAN

(Or you must have done something else than just the Quick set.)
Absolutely not
Last edited by silvyana on Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:33 pm

You can only use ether1 if you connect ether1 to the bridge port. (Then it is also a LAN connection).
Bridge -> Port --> +(add) ether1
(To make this change with WinBox plug the cable in the port for the TV, Alexa, Sonos or that other device. Once the change is made port 1 is usable)
Klembord-1.jpg
Last edited by bpwl on Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:38 pm

1º I change wiring according to red paint and connect mac to the LAN to test.
2º You can only use ether1 if you connect ether1 to the bridge port. (Then it is also a LAN connection).
Bridge -> Port --> +(add) ether1

I have understood well.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:41 pm

Make sure nothing is connected to the ether1 interface of the hAP!
Winbox en mac

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:52 pm

OK for WinBox and MAcBook.
Remove the "cable coming from the router port #4 " from the port 1 /ether1 from the hAP.
Plug the cable of the MacBook and the cable from the router in the ether2,3,4 or 5 of the hAP (That is in the port used by Alexa or TV, or Sonos, or Mylt... )
Do not plug any cable in the hAP port 1 , until the bridge port change has been made.
If the router cable is not connected , then the MacBook will not get an IP address yet (DHCP comes from the router), but WinBox should see the hAP in Neighbors tab.
WinBox Neighbors or MAC access might NOT work from the other side of the router! (Router must be bridging to pass the broadcast)

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:01 am

It has not worked.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:04 am

In case it would help:
I want to state that everything worked very well.
Wifi and LAN, BUT ... I do not enter with Winbox

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:05 am

Did you get that MAC address from the "Neighbors" tab ?
Because I see (parts of) the MAC address of ether1. That cannot be used !!!
Klembord-1.jpg
Last edited by bpwl on Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:08 am

No DHCP, only for guests.
My teams, all, home automation, TV's, SONOS's, Multimedia, Cameras etc, etc ... They have a FIXED IP.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:11 am

Because I see (parts of) the MAC address of ether1. That cannot be used !!!

No, I have them written down.
In the images that I have put of hAP, before saving configuration, with my network segment, you can see.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:13 am

If your MacBook also has a fixed IP then all should be OK, with PING and Winbox to 192.168.1.2 in this connection setup.

Your bridge MAC address is certainly different from the MAC of ether1! IP should work, otherwise only use "Neighbors" MAC addresses.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:13 am

Nothing comes out of anything, it is blank, it does not even see METAL 52

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:17 am

If my mac in Wifi and LAN, FIXED IP, all well managed.
Si mi mac en Wifi y LAN, IP FIJA, todas bien gestionadas.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:18 am

The Neighbors and MAC access does not travel over the Router in the Garaje. From there at the hAP you cannot see the Metal 52 in (broadcast) discover mode.
But you should discover the hAP. (Something with a MacBook Firewall?)
Try the IP address 192.168.1.2
Last edited by bpwl on Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:19 am

Tomorrow 4th Reset, if it doesn't work, return equipment.
Thank you very very much.
Mañana 4º Reset, si no funcionara, devolver equipo.
Muchas, muchas gracias.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:22 am

The Neighbors and MAC access does not travel over the Router in the Garaje. From there at the hAP you cannot see the Metal 52 in (broadcast) discover mode.
No, I enter either IP or MAC in the "Manager” tab
I think "neighbors" does not work well with macBook
No, entro bien con IP o MAC en ficha “Managet"
Creo que "vecinos" no funiona bien con macBook

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:31 am

Sorry for the trouble. But this is a damned simple config that is needed here.

Start from default config.

Add all ports to the bridge (ether1,ether2,ether3,ether4,ether5,wlan1,wlan2) / ( in default config only ether1 is missing)
Add an "IP Address" to the bridge : 192.168.1.2/24
Add an "IP route" 0.0.0.0/0 to 192.168.1.1
Add DNS to 192.168.1.1
Configure the WLAN interfaces as "AP bridge" with SSID and security profile.
Disable or remove the DHCP server from the default config. (You will lose connection here)

That's all.

You can remove the 192.168.88.1 address to cleanup.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:47 am

Sorry for the trouble. But this is a damned simple config that is needed here.
Good morning.
No ..., No ..., No ..., You don't bother, you help.
The one who bothers me.
Always grateful.
This afternoon I start with this and post the results.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Peter

Buenos dias.
No..., No..., No..., Usted no molesta, usted ayuda.
El que molesta soy yo.
Siempre agradecido.
Esta tarde empiezo con esto y pongo los resultados.
Muchas gracias.

Saludos
Pedro

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:02 pm

Good afternoon.
As I assumed in previous post it is a mac problem with Winbox.

Cheers
Peter

Buenas tardes.
Como supuse en post anterior es un problema de mac con Winbox.

Saludos
Pedro

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:06 pm

Add all ports to the bridge (ether1,ether2,ether3,ether4,ether5,wlan1,wlan2) / ( in default config only ether1 is missing)
Add DNS to 192.168.1.1
Disable or remove the DHCP server from the default config. (You will lose connection here)

It is time to follow these wise recommendations.
Thanks a lot
Cheers
Peter

Es hora de seguir estas sabias recomendaciones.
Muchas gracias
Saludos
Pedro

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:11 pm

Good afternoon.
Please excuse my pesaded.
For my house scheme: Better "WISP AP"?
"In WIS AP": How do I recover the mouth of the WAN ?, I have 4 computers to connect,
Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Peter

Buenas tardes.
Ruego disculpen mi pesaded.
Para el esquema de mi casa: ¿Mejor "WISP AP"?
"En WIS AP": ¿Como recupero la boca de la WAN?, tengo 4 equipos que conectar,
Muchas gracias.

Saludos
Pedro

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:13 pm

This is better..?

Esto esta mejor..?

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Wi-Fi and LAN speed tests.
Very happy.
It remains to finalize the detail of being able to connect by mouth wan to Binbox and wait for MikrotiK to solve the compatibility with WINBOX.

Pruebas de velocidad wifi y LAN.
Muy contento.
Falta ultimar el detalle de poder conectarme por la boca wan a Binbox y esperar que MikrotiK solucione la compatibilidad con WINBOX.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:47 pm

I have seen WISP AP on your Metal ... but I don't understand your setup, as I also see cables to the Metal and to the hAP ac in your schema.
(cable #4 from to router to the hAP, cable #2 from the router over switch 3 to the Metal)
Why do you need the wireless link for ?
WISP is wireless-ISP , is for capturing internet connectivity from another AP (the AP of the internet provider).

There is no Quick Set that fully covers your setup. "CAP" would be the closest but does not set up the wireless interfaces.

You have to do it under "Wireless" , and need "Advanced mode" to see all the fields, and you have to make a "Security profile".

(For Windows 10 to make screenshots use "Shift"+"Windows"+"S" , select what you want, even write on it with the pens, and save as jpg file)

Klembord-1.jpg
Klembord-2.jpg

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:49 pm

Explain what the connection with BinBox is.(Is that another SSID you want to connect to ?)

For MacBook check the firewall settings of the MacBook. You might need to allow broadcast/multicast.

I hate those unknown Quick Set configurations. What does it do, what does is mean? (WISP is something else for Mikrotik than the rest of the world?)
In all cases ... add all interfaces to the bridge (also ether1) ... make sure the "bridge" is in the LAN "interface list". ("Interfaces"->"Interface list")
Once you have done a modification like this: never go back to Quick Set !
Klembord-1.jpg
As all interfaces are ports of the bridge they are "slave" interfaces and follow the bridge (master) definitions.

There is no WAN needed in your configuration, everything is LAN. The transition from WAN to LAN happens at the Router in de garage. Everything else is LAN.

Quick Set just wants to make a WAN port all the time when Home AP or WISP AP is used.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:45 pm

I have seen WISP AP on your Metal ... but I don't understand your setup, as I also see cables to the Metal and to the hAP ac in your schema.
(cable #4 from to router to the hAP, cable #2 from the router over switch 3 to the Metal)
Why do you need the wireless link for ?
WISP is wireless-ISP , is for capturing internet connectivity from another AP (the AP of the internet provider).

Each equipment is on one floor and provides Wi-Fi coverage to that floor, the basement is very far from the 1st floor and the signal is weak.
Wifi for home automation and devices such as Ipad´d, iPhon, etc, etc.
Ethernet cable for equipment such as SONOS, Cinema Projector, TV, etc, etc ...
The Internet signal is from the single distributor (TELEGONICA) and I distribute it in my house with Switch and Wifi.
If you look at the diagram, there is another wifi in the Garage and another on the Ground Floor (PA Apple).
There is no Quick Set that fully covers your setup. "CAP" would be the closest but does not set up the wireless interfaces.
“WISp AP”, I put the last works perfectly, HAP connects the WAN and 4 LAN, and are serving, inconvenient to Winbox, just wifi or unplugging the LAN equipment and plugging the PC Windows

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:00 pm

Explain what the connection with BinBox is.(Is that another SSID you want to connect to ?)
I do not understand. Google translate does not make it understandable.
For MacBook check the firewall settings of the MacBook. You might need to allow broadcast/multicast.
Very important, I will try to look at this.
I hate those unknown Quick Set configurations. What does it do, what does is mean? (WISP is something else for Mikrotik than the rest of the world?)
In all cases ... add all interfaces to the bridge (also ether1) ... make sure the "bridge" is in the LAN "interface list". ("Interfaces"->"Interface list")
Once you have done a modification like this: never go back to Quick Set !

I have to learn more, I am a newbie
There is no WAN needed in your configuration, everything is LAN. The transition from WAN to LAN happens at the Router in de garage. Everything else is LAN.
I know that WAN is not needed, but I need the mouth or I will have to put another Swictch
Quick Set just wants to make a WAN port all the time when Home AP or WISP AP is used.
With your post and pleasant words and teachings, I will investigate to see if I get it, now that I can enter with the windwos PC.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: No web, no Winbox; “Home AP Dual” con “Quit Set”  [SOLVED]

Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:35 pm

OK. I also learn. "WISP AP" for Mikrotik is just a better "Home AP" setting. Not a wireless connection to Internet (mikrotik calls this CPE). I had it wrong.
But you did not need to use the Quick Set. Just start from the default configuration, add all interfaces to the bridge, set IP address, route and DNS. Remove the DHCP server and done.

"Home AP" and "WISP AP" : whenever you click "Apply" will make a WAN port for ether1. You need ether1 as LAN port, so you have 5 LAN ports. Don't use Quick Set !
If ether1 is added to the bridge, then it is a LAN port just as all the rest. Ether1,ether2,ether3,ether4 and ether5 are identical LAN ports. It does not matter in what port you insert the router or any other device. You can also connect with Winbox to the hAP from any other point in the network, you don't have to be connected directly to the hAP anymore, by using 192.168.1.2.

To conclude: the important step is to add ether1 to the bridge.
Klembord-1.jpg
(you also have WLAN2)

With everything added to the bridge all connections are equal.
To avoid any problem with the firewall , the bridge must be in the LAN interface list.
Klembord-2.jpg
Using the Quick Set will modify this configuration, in a way you don't know. So maybe ether1 becomes a WAN port again, maybe not. So don't use "Quick Set" anymore

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:55 pm

Thanks a lot.
I study everything, I practice it, I integrate it and I tell you.

I already enter Winbox with the mac:
For MacBook check the firewall settings of the MacBook. You might need to allow broadcast / multicast.
This is what was happening.

No web, no Winbox; “Home AP Dual” con “Quit Set”
RESOLVED

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:58 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH bpwl

MUCHAS GRACIAS bpwl

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:03 am

OK. I also learn. "WISP AP" for Mikrotik is just a better "Home AP" setting. Not a wireless connection to Internet (mikrotik calls this CPE). I had it wrong.
But you did not need to use the Quick Set. Just start from the default configuration, add all interfaces to the bridge, set IP address, route and DNS. Remove the DHCP server and done.

"Home AP" and "WISP AP" : whenever you click "Apply" will make a WAN port for ether1. You need ether1 as LAN port, so you have 5 LAN ports. Don't use Quick Set !
If ether1 is added to the bridge, then it is a LAN port just as all the rest. Ether1,ether2,ether3,ether4 and ether5 are identical LAN ports. It does not matter in what port you insert the router or any other device. You can also connect with Winbox to the hAP from any other point in the network, you don't have to be connected directly to the hAP anymore, by using 192.168.1.2.

To conclude: the important step is to add ether1 to the bridge.

Goodnight
Very well explained, I think I can do it.
When I do, I am going to rest from this for a couple of days, return to put my conclusions. (Come on, if I have been able to do it !!!, or NO)
Thank you so much.

Buenas noches
Muy bien explicado, creo que podre hacerlo.
Cuando lo haga, voy a descansar de esto un par de días, retorno para poner mis conclusiones. (¡¡¡Vamos, si he sido capaz de hacerlo!!!, o NO)
Muchas Gracias.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:31 am

MUCHAS GRACIAS bpwl
de nada :-) . you're welcome

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:21 am

Good morning FORUM, good morning bpwl.

I have to separate LAN1 as WAN to LAN as soon as possible.
I just saw that from the Internet with the VPN, there is no way to connect to the hAP router because I could not configure it as bpwl told me.

I'm not going to rest for two days and I kept doing this.

Cheers
Peter

Buenos Dias FORO, buenos días bpwl.
Tengo que separar cuanto antes la LAN1 como WAN a LAN.
Acabo de ver que desde Internet con la VPN, no hay manera de conectarse al Router hAP por no haber podido configurar como me ha dicho bpwl.
Voy a no descansar dos días y segur con esto.
Saludos
Pedro

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:45 am

There is no need for a VPN. Add ether1 as bridge port, and it will be a LAN just as ether2-ether3-ether4-ether5.

Select menu "Bridge"
Select tab page "Ports"
push bleu +
select "ether1" as interface
push OK

all done

This way the hAP is just a "switch" between ether1-ether2-ether3-ether4-ether5-wlan1-wlan2.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:01 pm

Good morning.
Thanks for comment.

Yes ..., I handle all the equipment, Air Conditioners, Cameras, Blinds, I even like to look at my Mikrotik from outside my house, for example, now that I'm not at home, I can see and act on all my Routers and Switch. METAL 52 included, but I don't have access to hAP.

I have two VPN servers at my house, in case one fails, I have an alternative, one on a Synology NAS and one on a UNIX machine.

Cheers
Peter

Buenos Dias.
Gracias por comentar.
Si..., yo manejo todos los equipos, Aires Acondicionados, Camaras, Persianas, incluso me gusta mirar mis Mikrotik desde fuera de mi casa, por ejemplo, ahora, que no estoy en casa, puedo ver y actuar en todos mis Routers y Switch. METAL 52 incluido, pero no tengo acceso a hAP.
Tengo dos servidores de VPN en mi casa, por si falla uno, tener alternativa, una en un NAS de Synology y otra en un equipo UNIX.
Saludos
Pedro
Last edited by silvyana on Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:15 pm

hAP Lite must have the correct IP route gateway to answer for remote devices.
Local devices (192.168.1.0/24 subnet) don't need the gateway as they send directly to the device.
Remote devices (other subnets and internet) need to use the gateway to connect.

See my 192.168.2.21 example ... use IP -> Routes .... my DHCP did set this, therefor it is marked "D" and can not be changed.
Without DHCP you have to add route 0.0.0.0/0 tot 192.168.1.1 yourselves.
Klembord-1.jpg
Klembord-2.jpg
Add DNS to 192.168.1.1
It's configuring like a switch !
Klembord-3.jpg
Last edited by bpwl on Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 pm

There is no need for a VPN. Add ether1 as bridge port, and it will be a LAN just as ether2-ether3-ether4-ether5.

Select menu "Bridge"
Select tab page "Ports"
push bleu +
select "ether1" as interface
push OK

all done

This way the hAP is just a "switch" between ether1-ether2-ether3-ether4-ether5-wlan1-wlan2.

This looks very easy, thank you very much.

I cannot test it, I am not at home and just to hAP, I cannot enter from the Internet, due to this "WAN" problem.

Esto se ve muy facil, muchas gracias.
No puedo probarlo, no estoy en casa y justoo al hAP, no puedo entrar desde Internet, por este problema de la "WAN".

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:35 pm

You could tools/telnet from you Metal 52 :-) to the hAP Lite to add the route there

" ip route add dst-address=0.0.0.0/0 distance=1 gateway=192.168.1.1 "

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:02 pm

I do not understand, we are always entering through the WAN.

No entiendo, siempre estamos entrando por la WAN.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Every time you open Quick Set you change the ether1 to WAN again. Don't use or even open Quick Set !!! It modifies/destroys your configuration.

The only menus you need are "Interfaces" "Wireless" "Bridge" and "IP"

Is ether1 still on the bridge port? Is "bridge" still in the LAN interface list ? (both screenshots are already given here.) viewtopic.php?f=13&t=171149&p=837068#p836941

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:07 pm

I do not understand, METAL 52 is like this, (at the moment we are not going to touch it, until we finish with hAP) and from METAL 52 is where you tell me to "Telnet".
Then I configure hAP and then never open "Quick Set”.

No entiendo, METAL 52 esta como esta, (de momento no lo vamos a tocar, hasta terminar con hAP) y desde METAL 52 es desde donde me dices haga "Telnet".
Despues configuro hAP y despues nunca mas abrir "Quick Set".

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:14 pm

Please show the bridge "ports" and the interface "interface list" of the hAP ac

Or much better do an export in the terminal of the hAP: "/export hide-sensitive file=your_file_name.
Download from "Files" and attach the "your_file_name.rsc" file to your post in the forum.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Good afternoon
Thank you very much for your patience.
I have come home.
Many (-) and many changes to get to this.
It's okay...?
Step to try ...?
I am missing the "I"

Thanks a lot.

Buenas Tardes
Muchas gracias por su paciencia.
He vuelto a casa.
Muchos (-) y muchos cambios para llegar a esto.
Esta bien...?
Paso a probar...?
Me faltan las "I"
Muchas gracias.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:16 pm

Good afternoon
Thank you very much for your patience and interest.
Impressive your lessons.
Test passed.
Perfect connection from the "Living room" from the Aplle Router.

Thanks a lot.
Thank you so much.
Infinite thanks.

Buenas Tardes
Muchas gracias por su paciencia e interes.
Impresionante sus lecciones.
Prueba superada.
Conexión perfecta desde el "Salón" desde el Router de Aplle.
Muchas gracias.
Muchas Gracias.
Infinitas gracias.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Good afternoon
Horror .. !!!, I have run out of 5GHz wifi, it is probably wlan 2, I will try to solve.

Buenas Tardes
Horror..!!!, me he quedado sin wifi 5GHz, seguramente sea la wlan 2, intentare resolver.

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Good afternoon
I think I have got.
Thank you for your kind lessons.
Couldn't set parameter ";;; defconf" for wlan 2.
I have copied (Copy), wlan 1 and changed wlan1 to wlan 2.

Cheers
Peter

Buenas Tardes
Creo que lo he conseguido.
Gracias a usted por sus amables leciones
No podia configurar el parámetro ";;; defconf" para wlan 2.
He copiado (Copy), wlan 1 y he cambiado wlan1 por wlan 2.
Saludos
Pedro

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:25 pm

Metal 52 is going as a spare part to the Caravan.
Now that everything is going great:
I am going to put another hAP in the Basement, since the "home automation" needs 2.4GHz and ALEXA and Tablet work much better with 5GHz.
METAL 52 does not support both Wi-Fi's simultaneously.

Thank you.
Always grateful bpwl
Peter

Metal 52 se va a ir como repuesto a la Caravana.
Ahora que todo va de maravilla:
Voy a poner otro hAP en el Sótano, pues la "domótica" necesita 2,4GHz y ALEXA y Tablet funcionan muchomejor con 5GHz.
METAL 52 no admite las dos wifi´s simultáneamente.
Gracias.
Siempre agradecido bpwl
Pedro

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:34 pm

No panic. Nothing wrong so far.

The missing "I" is no problem. My Omnitik I use to make screenshots has nothing connected to the other ethernet ports. Therefor "I" from "Inactive"

WLAN2 must also be a port on the bridge. (WISP AP and Home AP did not know about a WLAN2)
So add WLAN2 also, just like ether1 as port of the bridge with the blue +.

You might need to setup the 5 GHz interface. It is like in quickset only it is done on a different place.
I take a screenshot again from my Omnitik, that only knows WLAN1 and only can be used Outdoor

Go to "Wireless", tab "Wifi Interfaces" , open WLAN2 (I only have WLAN1 !)
Klembord-1.jpg

Fill in the fields as you would do for Quick Set. These are my values. To see all fields you must be in "Advanced mode"
Use your own security profile, mine is named "abra". (Security profile has been shown before)
Klembord-2.jpg
The ;;;;defcon you see is only a "Comment" of the interface or port or rule etc.. The comment is not used by RouterOS. Text "defcon" means 'the default configuration has created this'.
Some people use it for complex setups ... like my hAP ac2
Klembord-3.jpg

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:16 pm

I think everything is already "rolling". viewtopic.php?f=13&t=171149&p=837133#p837108

It has been a luxury to have a travel companion who has been clearing the way at all times.

Very happy and eager, thanks to your help, as I said in the previous post, to buy another one to exchange it for METAL 52.

Thanks a lot.

Greetings Pedro

Creo que ya está todo "rodando".
Ha sido un lujo tener un compañero de viaje que en todo momento ha estado despejando el camino.
Muy contento y con ganas, gracias a tu ayuda, como he diho en el post anterior, a comprar otro para cambiarlo por METAL 52.
Muchas gracias.
Saludos Pedro

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Goodnight.
bpwl, I have configured my METAL 52 Router, same as hAP and it has improved a lot.
Red with WAN ("Quick Set”).
Blue as bpwl taught me, in the post.
Thank you.

Cheers
Peter

Buenas noches.
bpwl, he configurado mi Router METAL 52, igual que el hAP y ha mejorado muchísimo.
Rojo con WAN ("Quick Set”).
Azul como me ha enseñado bpwl, en el post.
Gracias
Saludos
Pedro

silvyana
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:30 pm

It stopped working
Open in:
viewtopic.php?t=181844
Dejo de funcionar
Abierto en:
viewtopic.php?t=181844