Community discussions

MikroTik App

Mik888
just joined
Topic Author

Making Mikrotik Hotspot User MAC/IP appear in Sonicwall in order to exclude some users from website blocking

Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:19 pm

Only Mikrotik device appears in Sonicwall ARP table, Mikrotik Hotspot User MAC/IP do not.

We use Sonicwall Content Filtering Service to Block websites, and we Exclude some devices by MAC.

Sonicwall DHCP range is 190.180.100.* (Sonicwall IP is 190.180.100.2)
Mikrotik DHCP Server range is 192.168.6.* (Mikrotik device IP is coming from Sonicwall DHCP: 190.180.100.36)

How to make Mikrotik Hotspot User MAC/IP appear in Sonicwall?

Domenico
just joined

Re: Making Mikrotik Hotspot User MAC/IP appear in Sonicwall in order to exclude some users from website blocking

Mon May 16, 2022 7:03 pm

Hi,
i have a similar issue.
Has anyone solved it?

Thank's.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Making Mikrotik Hotspot User MAC/IP appear in Sonicwall in order to exclude some users from website blocking

Mon May 16, 2022 7:17 pm

Keeping all this in one thread, to ensure completeness...........
Hello,
I have a little problem / challenge.
I have a mikrotik routerboard configured in bridge with 2 vlan.
The goal is to configure 2 different hotspots on the 2 vlan and then, after the users log in, delegate the Sonicwall firewall for the management of bandwidth control and content filtering.

I can't get both to work.
If I set the IP of the VLAN interface as a gateway to the hotspot clients, the hotspot works fine.
If I set the Sonicwall IP as gateway to the hotspot clients, the bandwidth and content filtering control management works well (but I am not intercepted by the hotspot).

Thanks a lot to those who can help me.

Domenico
just joined

Tue May 17, 2022 11:01 am

ook....thank's.
I hope someone can help me or @Mik888 has solved it and therefore has a solution.
I've been banging my head on this problem for months.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 17, 2022 11:14 am

One block diagram can help, but probably the only mac you can see on sonicwall is the routerboard MAC because it act as router...

Domenico
just joined

Tue May 17, 2022 12:17 pm

In fact, exactly the only MAC that Sonicwall sees is that of the routerboard.
The routerboard is configured as a bridge on eth1-eth5 with the 3 VLANs and DHCP server on the various VLANs.
If I set the sonicwall ip (192.168. *. 1) as a gateway in the various VLANs, everything works perfectly and Sonicwall sees the ip / mac of the wireless client (but the hotspot does not work).
If, on the other hand, I set the routerboard IP as gateway (192.168. *. 2), the hotspot works perfectly but does not pass the wireless client's ip / mac to the Sonicwall.
I also tried with mangle and routing rules for authenticated user (hotspot + ip / mac of the client visible to Sonicwall works all, but only on Windows PCs while the android clients do not browse):
  • /ip firewall mangle
    add action=mark-routing chain=prerouting dst-address-type="" hotspot=auth log=yes log-prefix="MARK: " new-routing-mark=gw_vlan79 passthrough=no src-address=192.168.79.0/24
  • /ip route
    add distance=1 gateway=192.168.79.1 routing-mark=gw_vlan79
    add distance=1 gateway=192.168.80.1
I am going crazy :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Domenico
just joined

Fri May 20, 2022 12:18 pm

Anyone who can help me?
Mik888 did you then solve it yourself?