Community discussions

MikroTik App

g21
just joined
Topic Author

Capsman Setup when direclty connect 2 ap on isp router

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:09 pm

Hello.I want to know if and how can i set capman on 2 different aps that are connected on isp router direclty with cable.thnx

jrssman
just joined

Re: Capsman Setup when direclty connect 2 ap on isp router

Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:26 am

Hi! I want to bump up the question. I am just starting my adventure with Mikrotik hardware. I am about to build my new network with RB750GR3 and two or three cAP ac. It is possible that my ISP will not allow running their router/modem in bridge mode so I must consider either running double NAT or just abandoning the hex and using cAPs with the provided router, but then, will I be able to use one of them as CAPsMAN host? What are my options guys? Or maybe RouterOS will be able to handle the double NAT situation easily? I am a kinda noob in this field, but I feel that have a general understanding, but I may be wrong. Thanks in advance!

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Capsman Setup when direclty connect 2 ap on isp router

Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:07 am

CAPsMAN server can be installed on any RouterOS device, even if the device itself does not have a wireless interface:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/pages/vi ... )-Overview

g21
Make one of the aps CAPsMAN...that's it. But you might want to consider using both aps stand alone (there is no real added value to running CAPsMAN).