Community discussions

MikroTik App

kalto
just joined
Topic Author

Unable to connect Dude client since upgrading to 6.48.2

Mon May 03, 2021 5:19 pm

Hi,

One of our client is running a CHR (on vSphere) just for The Dude to monitor some devices in their network. We realized that the CHR hadn't been updated in some time, it was running 6.46.x if I remember well.

Since the client was still running on the trial, we had them buy a P1 license to be able to upgrade. The upgrade went well (as usual), but since then, we are unable to connect the dude client to the server. We ran it the first time as an administrator so that it upgraded and since then, it stay stuck at "connecting" with nothing going on. Winbox connect just fine, we can see that the dude server is actually running, we even get notification if one of the service it monitors goes down. But we simply cannot get the client to connect anymore.

If I look at the firewall connection list, I can actually see the tcp connection from my workstation IP to the dude server on port 8291, but there is not much traffic going through.

Looks a little bit like the situation here:
viewtopic.php?t=129917&sid=6404de774a76 ... b1ec536137

But stopping and restarting the dude and ROS didn't seem to help. Also tried to look at the log, but other than the dude server starting and stopping, not much there either.

Any idea?

2frogs
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Unable to connect Dude client since upgrading to 6.48.2  [SOLVED]

Mon May 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Did you update the client to the same version? The server and client have to be the same version.

kalto
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Unable to connect Dude client since upgrading to 6.48.2

Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 pm

That's weird. As usual, after upgrading the server, I went and ran the dude as an administrator. It downloaded the update. I restarted the app thinking it had updated but clearly not. I downloaded it from mikrotik.com and ran it manually and now it connects.

Thanks for the hint!