Community discussions

MikroTik App

Anmi
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik cAP (RBcAP2nD) Video calls crash wifi connection on os X

Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:54 am

Hello Guys,
Every time I use MS Teams on my Mac Book I have a weird situation with network connection. It start crashes in couple minutes so I have to reconnect each time.
A bit better situation with Skype but anyway it makes important video calls non reliable. The interesting situation here is If I stay close to AP (couple meters) - everything is fine,
however If I go few meters further - connection starts to crash. I tried to change channels - situation is the same. Other apps like p-to-p clients or music streaming services works just fine even when I sit behind the brick wall in 10 or more meters.
Please advice what to try as I makes video calls almost not usable (((

Please take a look at ping - sometimes it takes few milliseconds but unexpectedly connection drops (((
Last edited by Anmi on Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anmi
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Mikrotik cAP (RBcAP2nD) MS Teams crashes wifi connection on os X

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:34 pm

Quick update. This crashes happens all the time I do calls on any messenger (Skype, Slack, Teams). No matter either I share my screen or do video calls - connection just crushes. I have to sit in couple meters from AP so that everything works fine. However I can download something, copy big files over WiFi watch HD videos and be sited in the farthest spot of apartment and everything is ok but calls.

Guys, please help me to solve this situation since It makes video conference call unbearable and I'm about to replace this AP with another one (which i don't want to do) ((( Please let me know if I need to post some other information may be from configuration? BTW I'm using POE to feed my AP from Mikrotik RB2011IL-IN.

Thanks in advance,
Guys!

mada3k
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Mikrotik cAP (RBcAP2nD) Video calls crash wifi connection on os X

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:42 pm

Very strange problem. Not much more to say.

I use both Facetime, Zoom and Facebook Messenger video on a Mac. No issues.

Anmi
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:32 am

Another observation. It seems it is a general problem of my AP and which happens not only during video calls. Recently I had to reinstall my Mac and I couldn't start installation because my mac constantly was loosing connection to the Mikrotik AP. I had to replace Mikrotik with my old TPLink and only after that I was able to start installation. Interesting and frustrating (((

Ratatouille
just joined

Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:16 pm

Check if the RouterBoard 'Current firmware' matches the RouterOS version on the access point(s). The wireless connection on two APs became terribly unstable after a recent RouterOS upgrade I did to the latest version. The connection stability improved after I upgraded the firmware as well. Perhaps Mikrotik should consider making the firmware upgrade automatic with a RouterOS upgrade (selected via an option), even if it's a two-step reboot process.

pchott

Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:29 am

I have very similar problem with hAP ac, WI-FI drop down all active connection. I thought that i only problem in my case since I user development 7 Version.

Now looks like configuration error, it would be time to investigate......

maigonis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:06 pm

What does the log say?

Have you done iperf3 tests? Tcp, udp?

maxvpavlov
just joined

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 pm

I confirm I experience the same, for both my Mac and Windows computer (Surface book 3, Windows 11), only during calls, no logs are written, firmware and board updated. Both Mac and Windows need to reconnect to Wifi to regain connection. No matter how "detailed" I make the log, nothing is logged in Mikrotik.

I basically get 100% occurrence, fully reproducible bug at this point.