Community discussions

MikroTik App

MythosGR
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless Wire Dish LACP

Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:04 am

Hello,

I plan to use a Wireless Wire Dish (60GHz) for 2 buildings interconnect.

I have an existing 2 port pairs LAG on HP 1950 switches, using FSO and I would like to add a third pair with the Wireless Wire Dish.

My question is if the Wireless Wire Dish supports relaying the LACP traffic required for the LAG to work.

I have already tested with Ubiquiti Airfiber 60, which doesn't relay LACP traffic and the configuation described above can not be used.

Ubiquiti L2 support reply was that LACP is not supported on wireless networks. However the product is sold as a transparent bridge which is obviously not true (the FSOs are and they are working correctly).

Does Wireless Wire Dish overcome this limitation?

Thanks

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Wireless Wire Dish LACP

Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Cube are full transparent for Layer2,
wireless wire use same tecnics and software, probably is also full transparent for layer2

richinuk
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:41 am

I have exactly the same requirement, but using a Dynadish 5 & nRAY for frequency diversity.

Did you find out if MT can relay LACP over wireless? Interesting to learn UBNT cannot - saves me researching that (I had a feeling it couldn't).

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:46 am

I have exactly the same requirement, but using a Dynadish 5 & nRAY for frequency diversity.

Did you find out if MT can relay LACP over wireless? Interesting to learn UBNT cannot - saves me researching that (I had a feeling it couldn't).
Wait... why are you guys trying to relay LACP [Link aggregation] across wireless bridge? Perhaps you instead mean you wish the wireless bridge to carry your VLAN TRUNK [TRUNK] info across??..

LACP would be between two(2) network switches to aggregate bandwidth between them and link redundancy. Although the bandwidth is not really split when using LACP.

MythosGR
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:35 pm

LACP would be between two(2) network switches to aggregate bandwidth between them and link redundancy.
This is exactly what the requirement is. To aggregate the bandwidth and provide redundancy between two switches in two different locations(buildings) which use the wireless bridge instead of cables!

Perhaps you instead mean you wish the wireless bridge to carry your VLAN TRUNK [TRUNK] info across??..
Correct me if I am wrong, but this suggestion doesn't provide link redundancy nor aggregation. Unless you have somethind else in mind and you care to elaborate more.

Did you find out if MT can relay LACP over wireless?
Unfortunately, I wasn't lucky enough to find someone who uses them in that way. All responses that I got, were just assumptions that it 'must work'.

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:16 pm

I could see you using the wireless bridge to create connection between your two building locations. But to extend LACP across the wireless bridge.... just seems like more headache than worth. Especially with being over wireless.

I would have to see network topology to better understand.

But by the sounds you want to have two(2) wireless bridge links to essentially virtual wire to second building and their two switches and form LACP. Yeah no.

Why not just l3 routing?

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:20 pm

LACP works with 2 switches in two buildings and 4 MikroTik wAP 60 GHz. It´s fully transparent.

mmueller
just joined

Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:57 pm

Hello,
i have the same problem.
How did you get it work?

Happy new year and best regards,
mmueller