I'm looking for a Mikrotik device with:
- equipped two 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet (either native or through a SFP+ slot)
- able to route a 1 or 2 Gb/s flow applying NAT or firewall rules.
I've looked at several product but:
- RB4011 is fine but only host a single SFP+ slot,
- hEX PoE has no SFP+ slot at all,
- CRS305 seems under-powered for routing (is L3 hardware offloading changing this ?)
- CCR1009 also host a single a single SFP+ slot,
1. How many packets per second should a box be able to process to keep up with a 1 or 2 Gb/s link, usage being "simple Internet access" (web surfing, watching videos, ...) ?
2. Which existing box could match ?
3. Are you aware a soon-to-be-released Mikrotik