Community discussions

MikroTik App

lwaclawiak
just joined
Topic Author

Have there a way to get the value of an global variable on remote RouterOS devices with snmp?

Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:03 pm

I have some remote mikrotiks with scripts that run are triggered by the schedule and load their values ​​into environment variables, which I later get with Dude using the "ros_command" function to generate graphics and display on the labels.

Everything worked perfectly until version 6.45.9 of dude, when I upgraded to version 6.47.10, I started to experience frequent crashes of the Dude client. Looking in this forum I found that the 6.46+ versions of the dude have problems with the remote connections of RouterOs and so the last version considered stable at this point is in fact the 6.45.9.

The problem is that Dude 6.45.9 can't make RouterOs connections with mikrotik devices running versions 6.46+ of RouterOs, and I also can't downgrade to 6.45.9 on devices that left the factory with versions 6.46+.

For this reason I would like to know if it is possible to get values ​​from global variables via SNMP.
And also if it is possible to trigger the execution of remote scripts via SNMP.
Or if there is how to force a downgrade of mikrotiks devices below the factory version.
Thanks!