Community discussions

MikroTik App

jarex
just joined
Topic Author

CSS326-24G-2S+ SFP+ Problems

Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:06 pm

Hello

So i have a CSS326-24G-2S+ switch flashed to newest firmware that is giving me a ton of issues when i use SFP+ ports with singlemode fiber

So first issue i have is that it detects any SFP i plug into it as a Multimode one, i have tried the 2 brands i have FS and Finisar
CSS326-24G-2S+ FS SFP.png
CSS326-24G-2S+ Finisar SFP.png
When i put them in my CSS610-8G-2S+ they get detected as Singlemode SFP, i have tried multiple sfp's so its not a issue with the actual SFP's as far as i can see
CSS610-8G-2S+ Finisar and FS SFP.png
The real problem comes when i run linux\windows in any setup as vm's or solo installs, it will have constant 1-2seconds disconnects on the CSS326-24G-2S+ switch but not on the CSS610-8G-2S+ switch, i happens with all singlemode sfp's 1gbit and 10gbit ones, i have tried 3 different network cards a ton of different cables, it happens with all of them, i have tried 2 different pc's on the CSS610-8G-2S+ switch it can run for a week without any disconnect or error.

Here is the error messages it spits out
Linux error message.png
But as soon as i put in a Multimode SFP it works without spitting out any errors or have any disconnects.

Problem is need the Singlemode to work as most of my network is setup to run singlemode and its between buildings, so changeing the cables is not really a option here.

Does ANYONE have any idea what the issue can be? (Dont mind that it does not have values on RX/TX in some of the screenshots as i have taken them without cables plugged in)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jarex
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CSS326-24G-2S+ SFP+ Problems

Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:50 pm

Also on a note, the Hisense SFP is an actual Multimode SFP, so thats showing correct.