Community discussions

MikroTik App

trmckee3
just joined
Topic Author

RingCentral QoS for Mikrotik Devices

Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:04 pm

The attached PDF document describes a comprehensive QoS / Traffic Shaping implementation for RingCentral UCaaS services. The configuration can be copied and pasted into a terminal window.

It can be easily expanded or modified to support other cloud services. Please let me know of any corrections or improvements!

July 13, 2021 - Edited to improve rule placement logic and misc text edits per 'rextended'.
July 13, 2021 - Added word version - copy and paste should be done from Word version as copy and paste from PDF creates issues.
July 13, 2021 - Tested against v7.1b6 with no obvious issues.

Tim McKee
Sr. Network Architect
RingCentral, Inc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by trmckee3 on Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RingCentral QoS for Mikrotik Devices

Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:13 pm

I suggest to:
use an editor and replace all case-insensitive occurence of Kbps to kbps
use an editor and replace all case-insensitive occurence of mbps to Mbps
use an editor and replace all case-insensitive occurence of QoS class to QoS Class or QoS class how you like, but the same name everytime...

then correct the scripts
use "k" for kilobit instead of "K"
use "M" for Megabit instead of "m"

then the method of move with "place-before=*0" broke some default / dynamic rules on RouterOS already present on mangle (when used obviously)
must be used one better methods like place-before=([find where dynamic=no]->0) or more better leave the user to move the rules on top, on right place.

Then the pdf when copied do not copy line-return causing a mess with copied text

trmckee3
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:13 am

Thank you for the corrections, rextended. I have trouble proofreading my own materials.

I will experiment with the move method and revise the document as you indicated tomorrow!

Tim

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:56 pm

Good to see this. I use MikroTik for several reasons, but getting VoIP correct is a big part of that.

trmckee3
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:23 pm

The MIkrotik devices form my favorite toolbox item... You can do/simulate almost anything with them for development and they work very well in production.

I tested the VoIP setup as much as possible without having high volume call simulation equipment. Anyone running high volumes of call please let me know if you encounter any problems!

tim

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:15 am

Sorry only one box/line obi202 modem works great. :-) ( I have a no mangle policy)