Community discussions

MikroTik App

vector85
just joined
Topic Author

Link optimization with rb sxt5 for iptv multicast.

Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:03 pm

Hello, I have a wifi link at a distance of about 1 km with 2 rbsxt equipment at 5Hz. Traffic passes enough but when I try to play IP-TV at times there is a cut. I use nv2 protocol, the radios are of A standard at the moment. The signals are 76dmb, I have a tree between the antennas and I can't have better signals. I can't raise the antennas higher because they will become lightning rods. The CCQ of the link varies around 65%. I have no losses on icmp. The time delays are about 20ms. Help. I tried to run them on N standard, the radios support it, there my traffic becomes double but my time delays increase. The air is free, there is no noise, the antennas give a noise signal of 40 dBm. I tried to cut the link to work at 36Mbps only, there my ccq is over 90%, but my traffic drops to 20Mbps and my hd channels that have a bitrate of just over 20Mbps, especially channel 1 bnt, can't work. At more or less bitrate ccq becomes below 60%. With the change of frequencies to lower or higher my signals fall to 78-80dbm, the link deteriorates. The version of ros is 6.47.10 the latest long term on both radios.

AP radio config:

/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] adaptive-noise-immunity=ap-and-client-mode basic-rates-a/g=24Mbps,36Mbps country=canada disabled=no \
frequency-mode=superchannel ht-basic-mcs=mcs-10,mcs-11,mcs-12,mcs-13,mcs-14,mcs-15,mcs-16,mcs-17,mcs-18,mcs-19,mcs-20,mcs-21,mcs-22,mcs-23 \
max-station-count=1 mode=ap-bridge multicast-helper=full nv2-downlink-ratio=60 radio-name="RSD Ap" rate-set=configured scan-list=\
default,5500 ssid="RSD Ap" station-roaming=enabled wds-mode=static wireless-protocol=nv2 wps-mode=disabled
/interface wireless nstreme
set wlan1 disable-csma=yes enable-nstreme=yes framer-policy=exact-size
/interface wireless wds
add disabled=no master-interface=wlan1 name=wds-slav wds-address=00:...................
/interface vlan
add interface=bridge-WiFi name=vlan10-maika vlan-id=10
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk eap-methods="" mode=dynamic-keys name=rsd supplicant-identity=""

Client radio config:

/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] adaptive-noise-immunity=client-mode antenna-gain=16 band=5ghz-a/n basic-rates-a/g="" channel-width=20/40mhz-XX \
country=canada disabled=no frequency=5360 frequency-mode=superchannel hide-ssid=yes ht-basic-mcs=\
mcs-0,mcs-1,mcs-2,mcs-3,mcs-4,mcs-5,mcs-6,mcs-7,mcs-8,mcs-9,mcs-10 ht-supported-mcs=\
mcs-0,mcs-1,mcs-2,mcs-3,mcs-4,mcs-5,mcs-6,mcs-7,mcs-8,mcs-9,mcs-10,mcs-16,mcs-17,mcs-18,mcs-19,mcs-20,mcs-21,mcs-22,mcs-23 installation=\
outdoor max-station-count=1 mode=station-wds multicast-helper=full nv2-cell-radius=10 nv2-downlink-ratio=60 radio-name=SlavCL scan-list=\
default,5500 ssid="RSD Ap" station-roaming=enabled supported-rates-a/g="" wds-mode=static wps-mode=disabled
/interface wireless nstreme
set wlan1 disable-csma=yes enable-nstreme=yes framer-limit=3600 framer-policy=exact-size
/interface vlan
add interface=bridge-WiFi name=vlan10-maika vlan-id=10
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] supplicant-identity=MikroTik
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk eap-methods="" mode=dynamic-keys name=rsd supplicant-identity=""