Community discussions

MikroTik App

YonaYise
just joined
Topic Author

LHG HP5 Xl comes with a motherboard that does not correspond to it

Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:26 pm

Hello people of the forum, I am an admirer of Mikrotik for its performance and good networking equipment since since I tried one of its equipment I was excited with its stability and connectivity and its power over time I have never had a complaint about it until recently I decided to buy another equipment of this brand, the LHG HP5 Xl model with a 27dbi antenna, I am very excited to get this equipment, I go to the store for him, I get home, I open the box, I assemble the equipment, I go to Winbox to configure it and when I start the equipment. I found within this a 24.5dbi LHG HP5nd I said not this is bad the store has deceived me I checked the Mac of the plate, the chassis, the equipment and the box and they all coincide, that is, it is a manufacturing error quickly contact with the store and they told me they were sorry but that there is no return for me to contact the manufacturer contact Mikrotik support and what is their response to use a command to increase the power of the  27dbi antenna is something absurd I feel cheated and cheated I just want the equipment that I buy and pay as it is, perhaps they are selling equipment like this or it was really a confusion that leads me a bit to doubt and completely changes my opinion towards Mikrotik I just hope I can clarify this situation but I think it is my last purchase of this brand
Last edited by YonaYise on Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: The great disappointment

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:08 am

Unsure on the specific... but perhaps need to pay close attention to exact model number. The 27dBI product that you wanted and should have purchased is the "XL" model.

This is 24.5dBi
see to: https://mikrotik.com/product/RBLHG-5HPnD

These are 27dBI:
https://mikrotik.com/product/lhg_xl_5_ac
https://mikrotik.com/product/RBLHG-5HPnD-XL

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:17 am

If you have an order confirmation you can check what you had oredered and what you received?

If it is your mistake ... sorry ... do not blame Mikrotik.
If it is seller's error ... just show him the order and ask for the replacement.
There is always possibility that Mikrotik packed wrong device into XL box but AFAIK it's dustributor duty to resolve such a problem with help of the seller.

YonaYise
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:51 am

I did buy an LHG HP5 XL of 27 dbi since I have knowledge about this the problem is that they sent me inside this a 24.5 dbi lhg hp5nd plate the problem is from mikrotik not from the seller when labeling this plate as XL it came out in a Xl chassis and in an Xl box that's why the Mac matches but not the model I have photos and tests of this

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:57 am

So the solution is simple:

Ask seller to deliver proper device as you have received wrong one. You do not buy just a box with "something inside".
They should ask a distributor for replacement and help. The Distributor should discuss with Mikrotik how to solve the problem.

YonaYise
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:06 am

I already contacted the seller and he did not have a replacement for me since firstly he does not accept returns and the error is not his but the manufacturer who labeled a plate that does not correspond to the equipment since I bought the box sealed with the Mikrotik seal that It is his guarantee, even he exhorted me to communicate with the manufacturer, how lucky mine, apparently the one who was assembling that day is half asleep

YonaYise
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:10 am

Mikrotik even sent me a ticket and told me to send it to the seller but I do not know what this is for since I have communicated several times with the seller and he says that I could not help in this that I discussed the issue with the manufacturer

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:17 pm

Mikrotik even sent me a ticket and told me to send it to the seller but I do not know what this is for since I have communicated several times with the seller and he says that I could not help in this that I discussed the issue with the manufacturer
That is no good! Bad seller by the sounds.. If you purchased using a Credit Card...... dispute it!

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LHG HP5 Xl comes with a motherboard that does not correspond to it

Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:47 pm

If seller deliverd wrong device it's their fault. You don't buy "carton box with a suprise inside" but particular device.
It should be their problem if they have to "fight" with distributor.

romikm1
just joined

Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:01 am

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am reaching you to check the contradiction recently we have faced with your product where the label and part number on the device says LHG XL but the routerboard shows different model,
Is this product refurbished? or new policy in Mikrotik company where we might not be aware of?
ID is exactly same as what is written in your official website but when we log into device via winbox, in system router board the ID/Model is "RBLHG-5HpnD" INSTEAD OF "RBLHG-5HPnD-XL"

ivicask

Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:33 am

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am reaching you to check the contradiction recently we have faced with your product where the label and part number on the device says LHG XL but the routerboard shows different model,
Is this product refurbished? or new policy in Mikrotik company where we might not be aware of?
ID is exactly same as what is written in your official website but when we log into device via winbox, in system router board the ID/Model is "RBLHG-5HpnD" INSTEAD OF "RBLHG-5HPnD-XL"
I don't think it's supposed to say XL, they use same boards for diff models,its just antena design that's different and has higher gain that's it..

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:26 am

Yeah, it doesn't say XL in firmware or PCB. Only difference is in size of the parabolic reflector, it's clearly bigger if you compare it to non-XL version. The diameter is in the spec sheet.