emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

v6.49rc [testing] is released!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:52 am

Version 6.49rc1 has been released.

Before an upgrade:
1) Remember to make backup/export files before an upgrade and save them on another storage device;
2) Make sure the device will not lose power during upgrade process;
3) Device has enough free storage space for all RouterOS packages to be downloaded.

What's new in 6.49rc1 (2021-Sep-23 12:32):

Changes since last beta release:

*) backup - fixed backup file restore (introduced in v6.49beta);
*) branding - fixed LCD logo loading from branding package when installed via Netinstall;
*) branding - properly clean up old branding files before installing a new one;
*) bridge - added IGMP and MLD querier monitoring;
*) bridge - improved stability when quickly adding and removing bridge interface;
*) crs3xx - fixed default MAC address calculation on management Ethernet for CRS312, CRS326-24S+2Q+ and CRS354 devices;
*) crs3xx - improved system stability when learning MDB and FBD entries for CRS312, CRS326-24S+2Q+ and CRS354 devices (introduced in v6.49beta44);
*) dhcpv4-server - reset lease's dynamic "bcast" flag on packets from relay;
*) gps - improved interface monitoring;
*) health - improved temperature reporting;
*) kid-control - improved IPv6 firewall rule generation;
*) leds - fixed LTE LED default mapping for wAP R ac LTE kit;
*) lora - added additional predefined network servers;
*) lora - fixed "PULL_DATA" token generation;
*) mpls - allow to disable FastPath (CLI only);
*) mqtt - added server name indication;
*) netinstall - require Netinstall version to be the same or newer as "factory-software";
*) poe - update PoE firmware only on devices that supports it;
*) qsfp - improved system stability when setting unsupported link rates;
*) routerboard - fixed "reformat-hold-button-max" validation for values below 10s;
*) sfp - improved SFP, SFP+, SFP28 and QSFP+ interface stability for CRS3xx and CCR2004 devices;
*) sfp28 - changed FEC auto mode to disabled;
*) tr069-client - fixed traceroute diagnostics time values;
*) tr069-client - improved XML with new-lines for readable output;
*) w60g - limit power output when using region EU to match EN302567 on nRAY;
*) w60g - use EU region by default;
*) winbox - added "dhcp" option to "multicast-helper" setting;
*) winbox - do not allow to add/remove W60G interfaces;
*) winbox - separated CCQ Tx and Rx values in their own unique columns;
*) winbox - show "System/Health/Settings" only on boards that have configurable values;
*) winbox - show "current-channel" column by default for CAP interfaces;
*) wireless - added U-NII-2 support for US and Canada country profiles for hAP ac lite;
*) wireless - do not remove channels >2462 MHz from "scanlist" if scanning for fixed channel;
*) wireless - log client signal strength on disconnect;
*) wireless - updated "israel" regulatory domain information;

Full changelog is available here: https://mikrotik.com/download/changelog ... lease-tree

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: v6.49rc [testing] is released!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:00 am

Nice changelog!

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:13 am

In SUP-51076 I am discussing memory leaks in the DNS resolver and was requested to test an internal beta56 which unfortunately was not available in the architecture of my test router.
Now I see this rc1 and this item does not appear in the changelog, also it appears not to be solved (still testing).
I still see the "cache used" in IP->DNS increasing without new items being added in IP->DNS->Cache (but repeated queries being made).
When the cache size limit is reached, I see items disappearing from the list. It looks like there still is a memory leak.

ivicask

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:34 am

DNS issue is absolutely irritating and its existing in 2+ months of 6.49 releases and was reported so many times by users i just dont get it how was it not fixed yet?

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:45 am

Good to see that the restore of backups is possible again. A very important function when updating to a next version.

I hope that this will be also tested by Mikrotik self, each time a Beta/RC/incremental/main release is made. Not leaving that over to the users, who then are not pleased to go, the long way to restore the config by hand.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:50 am

I know it's hard to believe, but we do test versions before release. Sometimes for weeks. Both by using them and also in automated tests.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:05 pm

On heavy load "30%"!!! on CCR1036-12G-4S (r2) (345 PPPoE sessions)

again this error

log error code

snmp,warning timeout while waiting for program 20

ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY when monitored from The Dude 6.47.10
no other devices allowed to monitor SNMP
SNMP version used: 2 (2c)

On the dude the only 4 things monitored:
1) ping
2) iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.ciscoMgmt.ciscoAAASessionMIB.casnMIBObjects.casnActive.casnActiveTableEntries.0
3) iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.mikrotik.mikrotikExperimentalModule.mtXRouterOs.mtxrHealth.mtxrHlPowerSupplyState.0
4) iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.mikrotik.mikrotikExperimentalModule.mtXRouterOs.mtxrHealth.mtxrHlBackupPowerSupplyState.0

After that error the RouterBOARD is less reactive and, on short time, all ways to connect to the RouterBOARD stop working,
webfig, winbox, mac telnet, telnet, SSH (API not tested).
The only ways to reboot is to turn off the power or wait for the watchdog, which is set to reboot immediately,
but fails to reboot the router right away and takes more than 10 minutes.
In meantime between error log and watchdog reboot, all user still working like the RouterBOARD is not "locked".

Obviously I can not make supout.rif on that moment because I do not reach to access to the RouterOS.

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:05 pm

I know it's hard to believe, but we do test versions before release. Sometimes for weeks. Both by using them and also in automated tests.
I certainly believe that, however this slipped through for several if not all versions of the current Beta. It is like upgrading the firmware of your Tesla for more functions only to notice that brakes don't work anymore, because of that upgrade. You can't go back to a car with brakes or even worse you note then it when you have to slow down the car.

server8
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:18 pm

w60g - limit power output when using region EU to match EN302567 on nRAY;
This is due low gain antenna? WHich is the difference from LHG60?

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:28 pm

You can't go back to a car with brakes or even worse you note then it when you have to slow down the car.
This is more like airbags are broken - something you usually do not need or test, but that is really important in special situation.

velk1001
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:54 pm

The power limit in the UK has been lowered to 40dBm to comply to new EMF rules, have a look here:-

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... n-form.pdf

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:08 pm

Nice changelog!
Yes, it is very detailed :-D

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:18 pm

What about connecting to the router with console cable ? Have you tried that ?
Good question, same answer as other identical questions on similar problems:

I can't wait an hour to restore the service, driving 100Km away for test if serial cable work or not...

doneware
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:26 pm

What about connecting to the router with console cable ? Have you tried that ?
I can't wait an hour to restore the service, driving 100Km away for test if serial cable work or not...
OOB connectivity is essential for SPs. we even built a dedicated network on different access technology (LTE) to cut down reaction time.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:46 pm

This is _OT_ and, everytime, the topic go _OT_ because someone instead to try to understand the problem,
it suggests other things that have nothing to do with it.

Does putting a backup line prevent the RouterBOARD from giving that error and stop working? (Not, obviously)

I do not wrote about rings, LTE and other than I have onsite because is not that the point and is irrilevant.

And yes, I put that on failovered production machine, because I do not have a lab to replicate 350 true users...

Instead the @durkonos question, is a good question, but I do not have nothing connected on serial console onsite.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 pm

OOB connectivity is essential for SPs. we even built a dedicated network on different access technology (LTE) to cut down reaction time.
Well, when he installs an rc [testing] version on a router 100km away I presume it is more of a hobby SP than some critical thing...
I don't even do that on our HAMNET!

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:16 pm

I hope you read also my reply than only his post....

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:16 pm

Nice changelog!
I think its possible to tell your staff these things on the Mikrotik LAN vice public forum, or were
you simply trying to point out the HUGE improvement over the latest 7.1c release LOL.
I would never have noticed unless you brought it up. ;-PP

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:13 pm

Nice changelog!
Yeah, more informative than
*) other fixes and improvements;

Ivoshiee

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:54 am

w60g - limit power output when using region EU to match EN302567 on nRAY;
nRay and LHG 60G is supposed to be capable same link lengths. Why to lower power limit for the nRay and not for LHG 60G? How that will play out?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:03 am

Big thanks for this, MikroTik! Now with the ability to turn MPLS FastPath off, the feature to automatically copy MPLS EXP bits on ingress to VLAN Priority (PCP) on egress actually works again for the first time since MPLS FastPath was added - basically since RouterOS v5. This feature was only working correctly on CHR since it was the only platform without MPLS FastPath. I no longer have to create extra single port bridges and bridge filters to force MPLS FastPath to turn off, and will now be able to delete hundreds of extra bridges that are otherwise not necessary.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:00 am

Big thanks for this, MikroTik! Now with the ability to turn MPLS FastPath off, the feature to automatically copy MPLS EXP bits on ingress to VLAN Priority (PCP) on egress actually works again for the first time since MPLS FastPath was added - basically since RouterOS v5. This feature was only working correctly on CHR since it was the only platform without MPLS FastPath. I no longer have to create extra single port bridges and bridge filters to force MPLS FastPath to turn off, and will now be able to delete hundreds of extra bridges that are otherwise not necessary.
Wouldn't the correct solution be to add EXP --> PCP support to the MPLS and VLAN FastPath modules ?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:20 am

Wouldn't the correct solution be to add EXP --> PCP support to the MPLS and VLAN FastPath modules ?
Yes, it would, but I didn't want to push for this in v6. Probably the person who wrote that code no longer works at MikroTik and so it might be asking too much to carry out a significant fix like that in v6, and this may very well no longer be an issue in v7 with the extensive routing rewrites (I haven't tested yet). I will be pushing for this in v7 if MPLS FastPath has to be turned off for this to work, but at least turning off FastPath is a better workaround than having to create many extra bridges.

Also, before this, I was only 80-90% sure that MPLS FastPath was the cause of the issue -- not 100% sure -- without the ability to turn it off to confirm. There should always have been the ability to disable the MPLS fastpath handler to troubleshoot issues, just like the controls we have for IP fastpath and bridge fastpath for the same reason. Being able to turn off MPLS FastPath means that, as of today, I can now be 100% sure that the problem is there, because the feature suddenly starts working when MPLS FastPath is turned off, and stops working again when MPLS FastPath is re-enabled.

velk1001
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:39 am

I think the LHG60G will also be resticted when they get around to the certification process
After 30th November an EMF license is require for over 40dBm

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:22 pm

I think the LHG60G will also be resticted when they get around to the certification process
After 30th November an EMF license is require for over 40dBm
Maybe in the UK it is about that EMF thing, but in EU it is about EN302567 which limits EIRP to 40dBm (like it is limited to 30dBm on 5 GHz).
No idea why the change is specific for nRAY, maybe it was reported for that device or they tried to certify that device.

velk1001
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:53 pm

The EN302567 is limiting the output power to 10w eirp to comply with the new EMF rules
All radio transmissions above 10w eirp in the UK have got to now comply with minium distance rules

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/ ... -final.pdf

JJT211
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:23 pm

Nice changelog!
I think its possible to tell your staff these things on the Mikrotik LAN vice public forum, or were
you simply trying to point out the HUGE improvement over the latest 7.1c release LOL.
I would never have noticed unless you brought it up. ;-PP
Yea, it wasnt until the second post that I caught on as well. I think it was a subtle way to publicly acknowledge and poke fun at themselves for that 7.1rc4 changelog.

antonsb
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:18 pm

nRay and LHG 60G is supposed to be capable same link lengths. Why to lower power limit for the nRay and not for LHG 60G? How that will play out?
This power limit is active when "region=eu" is used

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:37 pm

Have there been any changes in "source address selection" for locally originated packets (from the DNS resolver in particular) since 6.48?
I am investigating a problem in that area that appears to be introduced in 6.48.x and that I cannot reproduce in 6.47.10 and 6.49rc1.
But I do not see a changelog item that could be related to this.

The issue is related to having multiple route tables (/ip route rule) for different networks, where the correct behavior would be to lookup the destination address of the packet (in this case DNS query, and destination looked up in the list of DNS servers) using the ip route rule and then the matching route table, and find the preferred source address in there and send the packet with that source address.
It looks like in 6.48 the step of matching the ip route rule before looking for the route is skipped, and the packet is always sent using the main table with the source address found there.

Has there been any fix for this? I have difficulty creating a minimal demo setup for the problem on 6.48 but I see the effects of the problem on several routers in our network.

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:51 pm

Version 6.49rc2 has been released.

Before an upgrade:
1) Remember to make backup/export files before an upgrade and save them on another storage device;
2) Make sure the device will not lose power during upgrade process;
3) Device has enough free storage space for all RouterOS packages to be downloaded.

What's new in 6.49rc2 (2021-Sep-28 10:17):

Changes in this release:

*) bridge - improved controller bridge stability when adding RouterOS v7 port extender;
*) bridge - improved port extender stability when creating bond interfaces on excluded ports;
*) crs3xx - fixed bridge controller and extender packet forwarding for CRS312, CRS326-24S+2Q+ and CRS354 devices;
*) dhcp-server - fixed DHCP Option decimal value parsing;
*) discovery - do not send discovery packets on interfaces that are blocked by STP (introduced in v6.48);
*) sfp - added "sfp-rate-select" setting;
*) supout - added controller bridge section;
*) switch - fixed (R/M)STP port blocking right before switching them in HW bridge (fixes possible packet loop when changing bridge settings);
*) user - added "expired" user status with suggestion to change password (WinBox v3.29 required);
*) user - fixed active user session purging on disconnect;
*) user - show "expired password" prompt for users with blank password;
*) winbox - added "fec-mode" parameter under "Interface/Ethernet" menu;
*) winbox - minimal required version is v3.30;
*) wireless - improved system stability when sending packets through interface after L2MTU is increased;

Full changelog is available here: https://mikrotik.com/download/changelog ... lease-tree

mozerd
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:36 pm

Version 6.49rc2 has been released.

*) sfp - added "sfp-rate-select" setting;
Which rates are supported ?
1G - 2.5G - 5G - 10G ... etc

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:31 pm

Now how can I say this nicely: These self-proclaimed "IT Experts" don't disappoint.
Speed setting is already there, my best guess is that it refers to setting rate select to high/low for sfp modules that support it.
Example: https://www.optoway.com/upload/files/SFP/SPS-2541WG.pdf
RATE SELECT CONTROL
RX / TX rate can be independently controlled by RS0 / RS1 input pin (Hardware).
RS0 / RS1 input pins (pin 7 / 9) are used to select RX / TX rate.
Status of RS0 / RS1 input pin logic level is reflected to register byte 110 bit 4 / 5 on address A2h.
RS0 / RS1 input pin must be “High” for 32GFC or 25GE transmission and “Low” for 16GFC or 8GFC transmission.
To have flexible transmission data rate other than 25GEC, and CPRI option 10, user may assert TX and/or RX CDR Bypass bits (A2h, Byte 111, [7:6]) to bypass the CDR if required.

But hey, I'm no "expert".

Florian
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:05 am

In SUP-51076 I am discussing memory leaks in the DNS resolver and was requested to test an internal beta56 which unfortunately was not available in the architecture of my test router.
Now I see this rc1 and this item does not appear in the changelog, also it appears not to be solved (still testing).
I still see the "cache used" in IP->DNS increasing without new items being added in IP->DNS->Cache (but repeated queries being made).
When the cache size limit is reached, I see items disappearing from the list. It looks like there still is a memory leak.
I can confirm I see the same behavior here.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:12 am

Some days ago I got the confirmation from MikroTik that they could now reproduce this problem (with the extensive description of test scenario I provided) and are working on fixing it.

Florian
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:49 am

Some days ago I got the confirmation from MikroTik that they could now reproduce this problem (with the extensive description of test scenario I provided) and are working on fixing it.
Thx for this information.

Maggiore81
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:13 pm

I upgraded a test router that was on 6.47.10 to 6.48.4 and disappeared dhcp lease v4 and v6. I mean the customers got IP but they dont appears on Winbox on the routers. they remain in WAITING. The same behaviour is happening on the latest RC.

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:38 pm

New version 6.49 has been released in stable RouterOS channel:

viewtopic.php?t=179233