Community discussions

MikroTik App

aloedanielo
just joined
Topic Author

hap ac3 led lights explained

Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:56 pm

Please can somebody explain what the various LED lights on the front of the ac3 represent? I've tried plugging and unplugging various things into the ports but can't make heads or tails of it.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hap ac3 led lights explained

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:10 pm

Installed 2 of those this week for my customer.
Have to go by memory since they are at least 50km away from where I am now :)

The lights with the horizontal stripes correspond to eth-ports 1-5.
The blue light in the middle is the WPS button (which I think you can not put out but you can disable the use of that button)
A bit more to the right is (as far as I understood) also network activity (redundant with eth1-5 ?? Not clear)
Far right is wireless connection.

To be honest, I put those 2 devices each time in a cabinet so I was not really concerned with the leds doing whatever they were doing :D

drasir
just joined

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:30 pm

Those need to be configured. If i remeber correctly, only Blue LED (WPS Button) Ethernet LED (probably switching Activity) and WiFi LED are Always on and hardwired.

The Rest can Display whatever you want, Interface state, activity, script events and so forth.

Go To System -> LEDs and set values accordingly.
i.e. LED1 Interface Status Ethernet 1
LED 2 Interface Status Ethernet 2 etc.

arifworldnet2
just joined

Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:13 pm

Figuring out what those LED lights mean can be a bit of a puzzle. I had a similar issue with a gadget a while back. It had all these blinking lights, and I was clueless. What worked for me was finding the manual online.

anovojr
just joined

Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:17 pm

I totally get the confusion with those LED lights. Had the same issue with a new router I got. All these lights flashing and I'm just standing there scratching my head. What helped me was digging up the manual online. It usually explains what each light means. For mine, a solid light was good, but if it blinked, something was up.

If the manual's a no-go, try the old trial and error. Plug something in, see what the light does, unplug it, see if it changes. It's kind of like detective work, but it usually gets the job done.

Also, stumbled upon this site https://leds.to/ while I was trying to figure out a different LED issue. It's got lots of general info about LEDs. Could be handy if you're curious about how these little lights work in other stuff.