Community discussions

MikroTik App

ckl88
just joined
Topic Author

Kid Control IP Addresses

Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:43 am

Hi.

Most of my kids devices were assigned dynamic ip addresses when I enabled kid control. I noticed that everytime one of my kids devices grabs a new ip address, it appends it to the kid control ip address list for that device. So now when the control is activated for that device, the firewall apparently creates a massive list of rules for all the addresses that device has grabbed. To mitigate this, I have since assigned static ip addresses for that device, however, I don't know how to reset the kid control ip addresses so that it doesn't continue to create huge lists of firewall rules. Is there a way to reset it?

kwade
just joined

Re: Kid Control IP Addresses

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:36 pm

I have the same problem. The ARP cache is correct, but the old IP addresses persist in the device list. If I delete the static device, the dynamic one returns retaining the same IP address list as before.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:49 pm

Something I never experienced...what is your TTL? And why is it grabbing a new IP address? Are the previous used IP addresses assigned to another device?

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:57 am

I always set kid controlled devices to statcic in the dhcp server

kwade
just joined

Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:18 pm

I thought this had survived a reboot previously, but after my last reboot the addresses cleared. A manual way to clear would be a good idea.

kwade
just joined

Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:24 pm

Something I never experienced...what is your TTL? And why is it grabbing a new IP address? Are the previous used IP addresses assigned to another device?
I initially saw the problem after changing some static addresses. Subsequently it appeared on transient devices that grabbed a new address when returning to my network.

grumpazoid
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:33 pm

Also just seen this issue. Can confirm a reboot of the router has tidied up the device list and the extra IP addresses.