Community discussions

MikroTik App

loca995
Topic Author

IPSec phase2 becomes corrupted over PPPoE interface

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Hello everyone,
It's been a while I am experiencing a problem with IPSEC.
A few weeks ago, I opened another discussion because I thought it could be a problem with GRE, but after many tests and other users suggestions, I discovered the problem is located on IPSEC phase2.

Basically, when a PPPoE interface disconnects and re-connects, the IPSEC phase2 stop working.
I made a test enviroment with one RB2011 and one RB3011.
Edit 1
On each RB, I have a single WAN link, and both WAN lines use a PPPoE interface. The PPPoE interface's local address is the public IP address

I am able to recreate the problem everytime I want: if I disable and re-enable the PPPoE interface on the RB3011, the phase2 stop working.
What is funny is that if I do the same on the RB2011, the phase2 doesn't have any problem.

I attached the two configurations. It's a very simple configuration, could you please take a look?

The only difference between the two setup is:
on the RB2011 the internet connection is made with a wireless link, on the RB3011 the internet connection is made with a FTTC Modem in bridge mode. But for the routerboards there should not be any difference, it should be transparent...

Any suggestion would be really appreciated...
Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by loca995 on Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.