Community discussions

MikroTik App

wrsbrt
just joined
Topic Author

no internet on my guest-bridge, ask for feedback to architecture

Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:29 am

Hi there,

i've a problem with my new MikroTik setup: I have an ISP who installed an antenna on my roof and I got one cable, which is DHCP enabled by the ISPs roof antenna / modem (192.168.1.0/24)

All devices get an private IP from the DHCP on the roof, no router needed. Following requirements I have now:

- multiple wired device connect to local (home) network
- multiple wireless devices connected to local (home) network
- create a guest network to connect wireless untrusted devices locally in local (guest) network some ethernet ports need to be guest network enabled

So I brought a CRS326 and three WAPac to get everything working and get all devices running and create a guest network.

I would like to provision two WAPac in my local home network and one as guest access point. Since the guest area is elsewhere I don't publish the network thought virtual interfaces.

I created a bridge, DHCP-Client enabled and got an IP from my ISP. My wired clients on Port 1-20 get Its from my ISP too.
I created a CAPSMAN and added my WAPac. All my home network devices also get Its from my ISP.

Now the problem:
I created a guest-bridge (192.168.15.1/24) with a DHCP. (192.168.15.0/24) Neither on the wireless AP nor on the interfaces 21-24 I’ve got internet access. I created a masquerade rule but that don’t helps.

I disabled all firewall rules. Nothing should be blocked.

Any ideas, how I can solve the problem, while getting my IPs from my ISP.

Thanks, BR wsbrt

ConnyMercier
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: no internet on my guest-bridge, ask for feedback to architecture

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:16 am

Can you please post the config of the Mikrotik Switch

/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish