Community discussions

MikroTik App

soabbd
Topic Author

Is there any way to limit VLAN traffic while connection tracking is off

Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:46 pm

Hello, i am using my CCR as only PPPoE authentication router and nothing else on router all services and connection tracking is disabled to get high traffic flow and less CPU usage with IPV4 fast-path enabled, but i have to limit some vlans TX since this router connection tracking is disabled packet mark and queue isn't working is there any way i can limit VLAN TX RX rate/Queue a vlan

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Is there any way to limit VLAN traffic while connection tracking is off

Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:50 pm

The fact that connection tracking is disabled doesn't affect packet marks and/or queues. It makes it impossible to use connection marks, so you cannot assign packet-mark values s based on connection-mark, connection-state, or connection-nat-state, but you can assign them based on any other match criteria, using mangle rules for IP traffic and using bridge filter rules for L2 traffic. But queueing is normally part of IP processing. So when you mention VLANs, what is the traffic inside these VLANs - is it IP traffic or is it PPPoE traffic?

Even for just bridged traffic, setting the packet-mark values using /interface bridge filter rules and matching those packet-mark values by queues whose root parent is an interface queue should work. Never tried that, though.

For IP traffic, mangle rules and any kind of queues should work, but even in this case, using the interface queue as the root parent is recommended to get a decent throughput.

soabbd
Topic Author

Re: Is there any way to limit VLAN traffic while connection tracking is off

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:29 am

My Vlans are passing only PPPoE traffic and i am not using any bridge on one 10ge interface all vlans are passing an example will be great for me to queue my vlans