Community discussions

MikroTik App

EEAA
just joined
Topic Author

[solved] SXTsq Lite2: Cannot access Webfig after IP change

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:58 am

Hello all -

Long-time network person here, but first-time Mikrotik customer. I have 2 x SXTsq Lite2s which I’m attempting to configure for the first time. They will be deployed as a P2P bridge, but I’m not even able to get to that point in the configuration. I’ll explain:

I can access the device at its default IP. Whether I use QuickSet or WebFig, as soon as I set a new IP for the device, I cease to be able to access the web management. I can *ping* the device successfully at its new IP address, but cannot access it via HTTP. It’s almost like the web service does not know it needs to listen on the new IP (or something).

I’ve tried creating a bridge, adding the ether1 and wlan1 interfaces to it, and then re-assigning the IP to that bridge. Same deal, can ping the new IP, but cannot access via HTTP.

I’m running v6.45.9, which seems to be a relatively recent release.

Am I missing something obvious here? How can I set the device’s IP and yet still maintain access to the web GUI?
Last edited by EEAA on Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EEAA
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SXTsq Lite2: Cannot access Webfig after IP change

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:31 pm

Thankfully I've resolved this. The "network" field in the IP address config page wasn't getting set correctly. Once I explicitly set the network value correctly, I was able to proceed with configuration.