Community discussions

MikroTik App

DrBob19
just joined
Topic Author

Can Chateu12 LTE be used as a wireless access point?

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:07 pm

Hi, all!

I am trying to establish an internet connection to my house in a somewhat rural place with a decent LTE signal. My current layout looks this, with a couple of more wires connecting to wall-mounted sockets for wired connection.

My question is whether I can use my Chateau LTE12 just as a wireless access point/Wi-Fi router?

In essence, I would like to disable the LTE router part and would like to feed in the signal from my LHGG kit. I wasn't able to find the question on the wiki, but then I need to preface that I do not have a background with Mikrotik (or other network equipment solutions), usually however, I can find my way around with googling. If there is a solution to this, then thank you for pointing my in the right direction!

Cheers,
Rob.

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Can Chateu12 LTE be used as a wireless access point?

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:48 pm

If you reset with no default configuration ticked, you should be able to quickset to AP mode.

I would advise it's a complete waste of hardware though.

Seán
just joined

Re: Can Chateu12 LTE be used as a wireless access point?

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:16 pm

In the Quick Set menu, there is a "Home AP Dual" option that will configure it as a Wi-Fi access point with the LTE functionality disabled.

However, as mentioned above, this defeats the capabilities of the Chateau12.

I suggest getting a pair of outdoor LPDA antennas for the Chateau12, which look like two LOG periodic TV antennas tilted at +/- 45 degrees. The leads screw on to the two SMA ports of the Chateau LTE12. From my experience, I get a lot better performance than what I ever managed with the LTE4 LHG dish kit I had before getting the Chateau, mainly due to the mast I pick up being 3CA capable, i.e. 3 carrier aggregation. The LTE4 LHG is single carrier only and the newer LTE6 LHG and LHGG are both 2CA capable.