Community discussions

MikroTik App

friesedraad
just joined
Topic Author

Bug issue: Too much text in 3 or more comments interfaces causes wlan1 to disappear from interface list

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:49 pm

I have this issue that the wlan1 interface disappears when I put too much text into the interface comments fields, see attached supout file (typically I put my wireless scan results in the comments fields and occasionally get big enough to cause this issue).
This issue is reproducible by pasting in the maximum text in the interface comments and when an interface has its maximum text (say wlan1) one then does the same to the next interface (say ether1), and then the 3rd interface (say bridge1) which is then when wlan1 (or sometimes the bridge interface) disappears in the Winbox screen, if one clicks undo then the wlan1 comes back in the interface list. Via a new Terminal the list interface print does not list the interfaces correctly.
Is clear that more interface comment fields need to be 100% full before the issue happens.
Does appear that the wlan1 interface still connects clients ok and in the registration TAB it says the wireless clients are connected to unknown interface
This exact same issue also happens with an OmniTIK5PoEac with version 6.43.4 and an SXTsq5 with version 6.48.5 LongTerm

The reply from Mikrotik helpdesk is:Thank you for contacting MikroTik Support.
This issue is not present in RouterOS v7, as it used an updated console. Thank you for your report, though we likely won't adjust the console for v6 for now, that might change in the future though.