Community discussions

MikroTik App

aduti
just joined
Topic Author

protected-routerboot enabled

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:12 pm

RB960 was enabled protected -router boot enabled (reformatting-button hold by default: 20 seconds) and (reformatting-button hold - maximum default value: 10m),
accordingly, I decided to check how it works, turned off and pressed Reset for 23 seconds and that's it, netinstall does not see it in any way (I checked on 2 PCs)))
Accordingly, when turned on, only power is on and sfp flashes once, I tried all sorts of time timeouts: 30s - 40s, 9.20m,9.30m,9.40m,9.55m,10,12m
There are no signs (Note: RouterBoard that has the protected Router BOOT setting enabled wall blink the LED every second, to make counting easier. The LED will turn off for one second, and turn on for the next second.)
I contacted technical support support@mikrotik.ком The answer was as follows
With protected bootloader, the reset button (during the Netinstall procedure) must be delayed for the same time that reformat-hold-button + reformat-hold-button-max was configured for
PS
it was before the reset
Factory Firmware 6.44
Current Firmware 6.48.3

After the reset, the bios was reset, it is empty!!
Took a dump from 960 rev 2 and flashed, now the logical question is how to restore the license (serial number/software ID)
At the moment , the license level is 0 !
Serial number - from rev 2
and the software ID - New !

I still don't know how to change, there are suggestions write to telegram))
The old license remained until the reset. But it can't be used

In another language (ru)