Community discussions

MikroTik App

TracesOfNut
just joined
Topic Author

Grooves, SXT's and others go into endless reboot cycle...some come back.

Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:58 am

Hi,

We have had a few of grooves, sxts and I think an LHG 2 go into an endless reboot cycle (not all at the same time).

When this starts, I monitor the log and POE status on the port. I can see that the devices start to boot. The log shows the interface comes up and a few seconds later, the interface goes down and the the cycle starts again.

There is no traffic coming from that interface.

If I turn off the POE power for at least 15 seconds, sometimes it will restart. I have had one that restarted after being turned off for a couple of days. I have had one that wouldn't respond to a power cycle for a couple of days and when it was brought back to be, it started up without a problem without having to use netinstall. All others except one groove responded to a netinstall.

The problems are not restricted to a single rouiter or set of ethernet cables. The devices are earthed where possilble. Power Cycle Ping is not enabled. Cable test returns no problems.

We have 53 devices at this location and have had this occur on at least 8 failures ( not including one we think was a possible overvoltage problem and the another with 6.49 constipation )

I can't imagine this general problem with the hardware/software. We have had a few locations lose power overnight. Is that a known cause of this problem?

regards

Justin.