Community discussions

MikroTik App

pointpet
just joined
Topic Author

Problems DHCP with VLANS

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:37 pm

I am currently redesigning my Home network and decided to virtualize some of the services needed in my Homelab. Currently I am Using a CHR on proxmox as a CAPSMAN manager. On one of the Hardware Interfaces of the Server a hapACLite is connected which will be used as an AP.

The VLan Bridging on the CHR is working and I can communicate with my virtualized Servers and with the hapACLite (VLAN 10 MGMT) however the CAPSMAN configuration is driving me nuts. The WLAN interfaces of the hap are already working. The SSID of the CAPSMAN is showing up and in theory I can connect to the Network via WLAN but the client is not getting an IP from the DHCP Server in VLAN 50. Nevertheless if the client gets a static IP, the default Gateway of VLAN50 (Guest WLAN) can be pinged from the Client (assuming the Switch/bridge config was done right then).

Unfortunately I have not found a topic in the forum similar to the problem in this case. As a base config I used the mikrotik tutorial on Capsman with Vlans and adapted it to my needs
On the CHR I am using V7.1rc4(testing) since the Drivers for the Hardware NIC of the Server were added in this version.
On the hap I'm currently using V6.47.10.

As an Attachment I am adding the conf files of the chr and the hap.
conf_hap.rsc
conf_chr.rsc
Would be nice if somebody can help me point out the problem in the configuration.
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problems DHCP with VLANS

Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:12 pm

VLAN setup is slightly hosed.

You have:
/interface bridge
add name=bridge1 vlan-filtering=yes
/interface vlan
add interface=bridge1 name=VLAN50_Guest vlan-id=50
/ip dhcp-server
add address-pool=dhcp_pool2 interface=VLAN50_Guest name=dhcp1
/ip address
add address=10.0.5.1/28 interface=VLAN50_Guest network=10.0.5.0
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=ether7_Proxmox,ether2_AP untagged=bridge1 vlan-ids=50

According to all config (but the last one) bridge1 should have been tagged member of VLAN 50.

I'm not sure if this part will work as intended:
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] name=ether1_FWConnect
set [ find default-name=ether2 ] name=ether2_AP
set [ find default-name=ether1 ] disable-running-check=no name=ether6_setup
set [ find default-name=ether2 ] disable-running-check=no name=ether7_Proxmox
The second pair of set set commands override the first pair of set commands ... interface can only have one name.

BTW, no need to have bridge1 tagged member of VLAN ID 50 on CAP device ... bridge interface only has to be tagged member of those VLANs which it interacts with (i.e. it has corresponding vlan interface with IP settings attached). In your case it doesn't. wireless interface becomes bridge port as tagged member of said VLAN as per CAPsMAN provisioning ... and bridge1 interface doesn't have anything to do with it.

pointpet
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Problems DHCP with VLANS  [SOLVED]

Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:04 pm

Enabling Local Forwarding, changing the vlan tag, adding the tag and using the right Bridge in the CAP settings did the trick. now this part is finally up and Running