Community discussions

MikroTik App

tekk
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac2 wireless connection drops

Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:13 pm

Hello

I have terrible problems with my hAP ac2s. I got two units in my home flat, one working as the main gateway and has two APs, and the second as a repeater which boosts the signal from the first unit's APs.
I think that I've done everything to configure the first ac2 unit but my PC and other devices at home kept losing a signal from it. I know that ac2 has bad wifi coverage, especially at the 5hz channel. So that's why I got another one. Signal's got better, but the connection still drops from time to time, on all devices. Connection drops were the main issue with the first unit so I thought that the repeater device may help. I can live with packet loss (which I also have), since I'm not a hardboiled gamer and not streaming movies too often, but connection drops are just awful.
Please help. I know that I can do something with it but I'm just lost with all that configuration shenanigans.
I've been struggling with configuring my first ac2 device but somehow managed to do some QoS for it, but thinking of struggling with the configuration of another unit got me headaches.

Despite what the description of this forum section says, I've installed RouterOS quite a while ago. Two years from now when I got my first hAP ac2 to be precise. However, I still have a feeling that I'm a newbie =)

I love how RouterOS is rock solid, but the configuration process is somewhat not easy if all you were familiar with before is TP-Link.

P.S: I've configured Addresses and Bridge sections on repeating ac2 unit and hooked it up with the first unit via the "setup repeater" menu on both 2.4hz and 5hz interfaces. Thought that it might be good to mention.
P.P.S: I'll also attach config files from both of my ac2 units just in case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tekk
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hAP ac2 wireless connection drops

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:06 am

Okay, so today I've discovered that 2.4 Hz AP has no juice for my PC - when I'm connecting to it, there's no actual connection. Pages just keep loading forever but nothing happens. 5hz works nearly okay.
Other devices work fine with 2.4 Hz AP.

So...little help?

spynappels
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:59 am

So looking at the config of the main unit, there are a few things that you could probably improve straight off, and which may make a difference:

You need to remove support for b and only support g and n on 2.4 GHz, you need to set the antenna gain and your country etc.
For 5GHz you need to drop to 20MHz or maybe 40MHz, but definitely not 80MHz, and drop support for a and only support n and ac.

You may find the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbAqie1_AM helpful, it's an hour but it's by a guy who really knows what he is talking about. You may find that by following his other advice you might not need the second unit, but at least it'll help you get set up with the best chance of success.

I don't like repeaters as they are wasteful of bandwidth (IMHO), so looking to see if a wired connection between the 2 APs might be a possibility.

Let us know if any of that helps, and whether we need to dig deeper. Telling us where in the world you are would also be helpful.

tekk
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:11 pm

So looking at the config of the main unit, there are a few things that you could probably improve straight off, and which may make a difference:

You need to remove support for b and only support g and n on 2.4 GHz, you need to set the antenna gain and your country etc.
For 5GHz you need to drop to 20MHz or maybe 40MHz, but definitely not 80MHz, and drop support for a and only support n and ac.

You may find the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRbAqie1_AM helpful, it's an hour but it's by a guy who really knows what he is talking about. You may find that by following his other advice you might not need the second unit, but at least it'll help you get set up with the best chance of success.

I don't like repeaters as they are wasteful of bandwidth (IMHO), so looking to see if a wired connection between the 2 APs might be a possibility.

Let us know if any of that helps, and whether we need to dig deeper. Telling us where in the world you are would also be helpful.
What I did for now is got rid of b on 2.4Ghz AP and dropped to 40MHz on 5Ghz AP. I've also set 2.4Ghz to channel 11 and set scan list to channels 1/6/11, just like Ron Touw suggested in the video that you provided.
I can't set antenna gain to 2 by any means, even via terminal. It's also unnecessary since hAP ac2 doesn't have any external antennas. Well, that is from what I read on different forums at least. However, I've set TX power to 13 for 2.4Ghz and to 20 for 5Ghz, making it a 7dB step between two APs - just like Touw suggested in the video.

What I also haven't done is set capsman. I did all the steps from the video, but it did nothing in result - I have no new APs around despite that I configured new AP in capsman. I've tried to use the CAP menu in the wireless list but got all my APs down. So I just decided to forget about capsman for now since I want to check if simple AP configurations work.

As for repeaters - well, I don't like it much too, but in my case, it's a necessary thing since my main unit is not in the flat that I live in.
I live in Moscow, Russia, and here we have some circuitry boxes outside of flats, with connections from different flats on one floor. It's a bit outside the flat, like 1 meter away. So my main unit is in that circuitry box, which has a metal door. My flat also has a metal door. So the wifi signal is breaking through two metal doors which causes shielding. I have no option to get a network cable inside my flat, so the repeater is the only option I have.
Last edited by tekk on Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tekk
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:16 pm

Well, the connection actually got worse.
I receive constant ping spikes and packet loss. Although I actually doubt that it's because of the new config. And I did not move any of the two units to other places. They are in their places and I only changed band types and tx power.

Very sad.

spynappels
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:38 am

Have you done a survey of what frequencies are heavily congested in your location? What did it show?
You'd probably need to do a survey from both of your units, to see if the frequency in use is actually clear(ish) in both locations. With repeaters, you end up with 2 APs on the same frequency, and in earshot of each other, but if one of the locations has strong interferance on that frequency, this has a pretty devastating effect on things.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:32 am

Let me try (and no a wifi signal DOES NOT pass a metal door, if you get any signal it is because of some escape path. Wifi 2.4GHz IS a microwave oven radiation (same frequency) , you are not cooked yourselves in the kitchen because that radiation does not pass a metal door)

You already took some steps, but here we only have your first config file.

/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ]
adaptive-noise-immunity=ap-and-client-mode \ -> Why? Did you see low level (below -80dBm) interference signals that you want to avoid ?
antenna-gain=0 -> antenna gain must be set to be legal for the country set. Value for the internal antenna of the hAP ac2 is 3. (It will not accept 2 as a value)
band=2ghz-b/g/n -> no b , as others explained
disabled=no disconnect-timeout=15s \ -> disconnect time out? Why do this? This is "advanced" material. Keep it on 3 seconds, because 3 sec is already ages for wifi, and longer doesn't normally make sense.
distance=indoors frequency=2472 -> OK set the freq is indeed what you should do! 1-6-11 is typical for countries that have 1 till 11 only, Europe has 1 till 13 also. Freq selection is based on your "scan","freq usage" and "snooper" analysis
hw-protection-mode=rts-cts -> if there is a "hidden node problem" or other incompatible wifi transmitters around? Keeping it on will not do much harm however.
hw-retries=10 -> Default is 7. For an important point-to-point link you might increase the default 7 to 10. If you want the interface rate adjust faster to the poor signal condition you can lower it to 3. This again is "advanced" tuning. You must understand what you are doing.
mode=ap-bridge on-fail-retry-time=1s -> NO! You want to retry much faster! Leave it at the default 0.1 sec , 10 trials per second, during 3 seconds.
ssid=wlanet4 station-roaming=enabled \ -> station roaming only works for "station" settings not AP. But indeed it appears in the default config.
tx-power=21 tx-power-mode=all-rates-fixed -> depending on the country set you might not even get there. e.g. for Russia it will be limited to 17 dBm anyway
wireless-protocol=802.11 \
wmm-support=enabled

/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan2 ]
adaptive-noise-immunity=ap-and-client-mode \ -> see above
antenna-gain=0 -> see above
band=5ghz-a/n/ac -> drop the "a" if you don't have a need for it
channel-width=20/40/80mhz-eeCe -> as others say use 20 or 20/40, not 80. Select freq carefully !
disabled=no disconnect-timeout=15s -> see above
frequency=5260 -> And use the scan tools to find the best freq to use. Very important !
hw-protection-mode=rts-cts \-> if you need it
hw-retries=10 -> see above
mode=ap-bridge on-fail-retry-time=1s -> NO! See above
security-profile=wlan2-profile ssid=wlanet5 station-roaming=enabled
tx-power=22 \With properly set antenna gain and European/Russian countries the max TX power will be limited to 17 dBm tx-power=22 \
tx-power-mode=all-rates-fixed wireless-protocol=802.11

/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=2ghz-b/g/n -> drop the "b"
default-authentication=no disabled=no frequency=2472 -> no need to set the frequency, let it follow the AP.
mode=station-bridge security-profile=wlan1-wlanet4-repeater ssid=wlanet4

overall:
- set country (It will define the possible frequencies and TX power levels, power level can be seen in "status" tab)
- use "scan", "freq usage" and "Snooper" to understand your environment for WLAN1 and WLAN2
- check "Registration table" , add extra columns, and check RX/TX signal, RX/TX CCQ, TX rate, RX rate. (CCQ is probably very low in your setup with wall's and metal around)
- Ron Touw is a well known expert, but his presentation is about a different problem. So don't reduce the 2.4 GHz TX power if your problem is lost connection.

tekk
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:08 pm

First, to spynappels:
Have you done a survey of what frequencies are heavily congested in your location? What did it show?
Right now both of my APs are broadcasting on non-busy channels, visible by my PC. For 2.4Ghz it's channel 6, for 5Ghz it's channel 52.
I have ~50 different APs in the 2.4Ghz field in my house, except for my AP. Yep, that's what you get living in a flat.
All of them are using different channels - from 1 to 13. All of them are interfering with each other because of that. So the 2.4Ghz will be extremely poor in my case, especially when my main unit is sitting in a circuitry box.
As for 5Ghz - well, here I have ~11 APs except for mine.
And that's all that second hAP ac2 sees, as you can understand that's not the whole house.
...if one of the locations has strong interferance on that frequency, this has a pretty devastating effect on things.
Well yeah, the main hAP ac2 unit has strong shielding around it so that's the main problem for it.

Secondly, to bpwl:
Let me try (and no a wifi signal DOES NOT pass a metal door if you get any signal it is because of some escape path. Wifi 2.4GHz IS a microwave oven radiation (same frequency), you are not cooked yourselves in the kitchen because that radiation does not pass a metal door)
I was thinking that wifi signal breaks through a metal door for years. I'm a little embarrassed by how simple is this fact and how I wasn't understanding it. Thanks!

As for all config sections where you ask why I kept different options enabled - almost all of that options are leftovers from the default config made by quickset. Some of them however were made two years ago after reading some forums and guides without trying to understand what actually happens. "Fighting" with AP after a hard workday could lead to mistakes like this, but I'm not justifying myself.
antenna-gain=0 -> antenna gain must be set to be legal for the country set. Value for the internal antenna of the hAP ac2 is 3. (It will not accept 2 as a value)
Are you sure? The official hAP ac2 product page on MikroTik website says it's 2.5.
However, I've managed to set it to 2 by inserting "set [find default-name=wlan1 (or 2)] antenna-gain=2.5" in /wireless interface.
wmm-support=enabled
I've read that wmm-support can lead to one client eating up the whole channel, so I've decided to keep it off for 2.4Ghz and on for 5Ghz for now.

I also made some changes, based on your reply. I'll attach new config files to this message.
- check "Registration table" , add extra columns, and check RX/TX signal, RX/TX CCQ, TX rate, RX rate. (CCQ is probably very low in your setup with wall's and metal around)
Tx CCQ% on the main unit is below 50% but sometimes can be above 50% (see the screenshot) for 2.4Ghz (connected to repeater) and above 50% for 5Ghz (connected to repeater).
Tx/Rx CCQ% on the main unit is almost always above 50% for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz APs, connected to the repeater.
Снимок экрана 2021-11-06 в 14.34.15.png
This is for the repeater device.
Снимок экрана 2021-11-06 в 14.36.44.png
744D is the main ac2, 2CC8 is the repeating ac2.
tx-power=21 tx-power-mode=all-rates-fixed -> depending on the country set you might not even get there. e.g. for Russia it will be limited to 17 dBm anyway
Fun fact about it: the first ac2 I bought is locked to Russia. russia3 in fact, when choosing from country list.
The second ac2 I bought wasn't locked to any country, so I can choose anything I want. Both units were bought here, in Russia. So I guess that the second unit's Tx Power is not limited to 17.
- Ron Touw is a well known expert, but his presentation is about a different problem. So don't reduce the 2.4 GHz TX power if your problem is lost connection.
Got it. I set Tx Power to default 17 for both APs on the main unit.

According to speedtest.net, right now I'm getting nearly 10mbps speed on 5Ghz Ap via the repeater. Two hours ago it was around 3 mbps, and I wasn't doing anything with options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:37 pm

OK Tekk. Tuning is not easy, and you are in a difficult environment. I only would like to help you, by make you understand what I have found so far. Understanding is important, because copying "ideal" configs from others is what most people seem to do, and that is just not effective, because conditions and aim are different. Such "ideal" settings can be very contra-productive, and many settings in wifi are contra-intuitive, what seems logical is not how wifi works.

AFAIK RouterOS does not expect decimals in the antennagain. So we do lose 0.5 dBm because of that. Regulatory limits for "Russia"" are 20 dBm, 3 dB is subtracted because you use 2 chains/antenna. (3dB is 2x)
[admin@hAPac2] > interface wireless info
[admin@hAPac2] /interface wireless info> country-info russia3
  ranges: 2402-2482/b,g,gn20,gn40(20dBm)
          2417-2457/g-turbo(20dBm)
          5170-5250/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(20dBm)/passive,indoor
          5250-5330/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(20dBm)/dfs,passive
          5650-5710/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(20dBm)/dfs,passive
          5755-5815/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(20dBm)/outdoor
          5190-5310/a-turbo(20dBm)/dfs
          5180-5300/a-turbo(20dBm)/dfs
If you are not locked to Russia3 you can indeed cheat, and use illegal frequencies and power levels for your country. If a neighbor complains or you cheat on DFS , you can get a visit from the regulatory organisations. In most cases the higher power does NOT help, as the client device is mostly the weakest transmitter, and wifi connection is always bidirectional.
I've read that wmm-support can lead to one client eating up the whole channel, so I've decided to keep it off for 2.4Ghz and on for 5Ghz for now.
WMM will use different timing (CWmin,CWmax) for getting a time-slot for wifi transmission, depending on the priority set. https://wifisharks.com/2021/02/13/cwmin-cwmax/
But if you did not set priority in the Firewall mangle rules, then everything is always priority 0 (=Best Effort, best effort is a low QoS level!)
Devices can cheat on this and use the agressive VO (voice) priority for just regular data. Getting air-time sooner. Devices don't this out-of-the box, but it could be tempting to sell a better AP.
The Mikrotik values for CWmin and CWmax are like for all others. Some client devices will check on those WMM parameters in the beacon of the AP.
However as said, Mikrotik sends everything as Best Effort only. At least for this priority 'zero' AMPDU is enabled (it is not set for the other priorities, and that will reduce the throughput if not added)
So it is better to leave WMM on, even if it does not alter anything for a Mikrotik, until priority is set (eg based on the DSCP value, see the Mikrotik wiki or this forum)

CCQ of 50% is low. This means on average every packet is sent twice. Not much you can do except move the 2nd AP a bit around because the transmission path is difficult to predict.
If every single channel is used in 2.4GHz, there is a lot of destructive adjacent channel interference. Those signals destroy each other.
Also try if 5GHz would not be the better connection between the two hAP in your (!!!) case. Use just 20 MHz as channel width to get the best energy density and a free channel.
Normally 2.4GHz is used for passing walls better, but here your 2.4GHz band seems a total loss.

Good luck with tuning!

PS I don't know if using a Powerline connection between the 2 AP's is an option. At least is must use the same electricity source.
PS Using an AP with a detachable antenna that is mounted outside of the power cabinet is just another idea.
PS 3th even more advanced idea is to give up one of the two bands for client devices and use "nv2" protocol between the hAP ac2. (Clients will not be able to see or connect to this, but "nv2" will just see everything else as noise, as will the others see "nv2". Set the station on "802.11-nstreme-nv2" and it will follow the AP setting. There is no virtual WLAN possible with nv2!)

tekk
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:46 pm

Understanding is important, because copying "ideal" configs from others is what most people seem to do, and that is just not effective, because conditions and aim are different. Such "ideal" settings can be very contra-productive, and many settings in wifi are contra-intuitive, what seems logical is not how wifi works.
Yeah, that's what I already got after fighting with wifi setup for two years =/
Sometimes it looks like (dark) magic, honestly.

I've tried to set antenna gains to 3 but got no luck. 2 is the right option, so I set both ac2's antenna gains to 2.
I also locked repeating ac2 to russia3, just in case.

What I did for now is set main ac2 5Ghz AP to 20Mhz and hw. retries to 10 for that AP.
Other settings were left as they were before that post. With that, I got a somewhat more stable connection on 5Ghz, but it's not ideal. And I guess that it will never be if one of ac2s will sit in a circuitry box. Right now I'm getting a speed of 1-2 Mbps on 2.4ghz, despite my system saying that it got juice up to 104mbit. Sometimes I get timeouts from the first ac2 to second, sometimes they both work like a charm.

I've decided to move ethernet cable inside my flat as well as ac2 which I will use for home wifi. Guess I'll never get a stable WiFi connection in an environment like this.
There's only one thing left to think about - how the hell simple tp-link router kept working for days without a problem five years ago? It had detachable antennas and I guess that there were fewer APs around, but anyway...

P.S: After setting antenna-gain to 0 for repeating AP, ping seemed to be more stable. I'm not sure though, guess this needs more testing.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:33 pm

There's only one thing left to think about - how the hell simple tp-link router kept working for days without a problem five years ago? It had detachable antennas and I guess that there were fewer APs around, but anyway...
The answer has been given. The second PS.
PS I don't know if using a Powerline connection between the 2 AP's is an option. At least is must use the same electricity source.
PS Using an AP with a detachable antenna that is mounted outside of the power cabinet is just another idea.
PS 3th even more advanced idea is to give up one of the two bands for client devices and use "nv2" protocol between the hAP ac2. (Clients will not be able to see or connect to this, but "nv2" will just see everything else as noise, as will the others see "nv2". Set the station on "802.11-nstreme-nv2" and it will follow the AP setting. There is no virtual WLAN possible with nv2!)
Do have a look at that 3th PS as well. For PtP between the 2 Mikrotiks, it might be the solution. It's anyhow worth to try, it only costs you some time.
And you will have to sacrifice a band.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:40 pm

Right now I'm getting a speed of 1-2 Mbps on 2.4ghz, despite my system saying that it got juice up to 104mbit.
In a busy environment you can have a good interface rate (like 104Mbps) but get no air-time to transmit because the channel is busy.
With many AP's around, just having 19 SSID on the same channel and a low basic rate, more than 50% of the air-time is already consumed by the AP's sending their beacons.
( calculator is off-line now: http://www.revolutionwifi.net/revolutio ... lator.html )

And even more: if one station is communicating at a low speed continously, the throughput of ALL stations in the SAME channel or overlapping channels will be as slow as this slow connection.
viewtopic.php?t=175904#p861748

tekk
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:25 pm

In a busy environment you can have a good interface rate (like 104Mbps) but get no air-time to transmit because the channel is busy.
With many AP's around, just having 19 SSID on the same channel and a low basic rate, more than 50% of the air-time is already consumed by the AP's sending their beacons.
( calculator is off-line now: http://www.revolutionwifi.net/revolutio ... lator.html )

And even more: if one station is communicating at a low speed continously, the throughput of ALL stations in the SAME channel or overlapping channels will be as slow as this slow connection.
viewtopic.php?t=175904#p861748
Yep, that sounds exactly like what I get here.
I've downloaded the calculator from wlanpros. According to it, I have an overhead of over 50%. That's nice!
Do have a look at that 3th PS as well. For PtP between the 2 Mikrotiks, it might be the solution. It's anyhow worth to try, it only costs you some time.
And you will have to sacrifice a band.
That's definitely a good idea, but I'm not sure it'll help since only my PC's adapter sees 11 ssids around and that also means 11 APs, believe me. And that's for 2.4Ghz. As I wrote before, it's already more than 50% overhead which is ridiculous, to be honest.

Now the funniest part:
Снимок экрана 2021-11-09 в 21.29.47.png
Look at the channels. It's obviously in Russian but I don't think it'll be a problem to read.
All 2.4 GHz SSIDs are sitting on different channels. All 5Ghz SSIDs except for mine has 80Mhz width.
There are also lots of MGTS_GPON SSIDs as you see. I think that one of our internet providers, MGTS, doing a great job - they provide clients with 2.4Ghz/5Ghz capable routers and configure them to "maximum speed" as I guess, so the client will get the wider channel for 5Ghz AP which also locked to a certain channel and 2.4 GHz Ap with automatic channel switch. So here we get a 2.4Ghz environment which is kind of trash quality. That's part of my problem which I obviously can't fix by myself =)

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:28 pm

That's definitely a good idea, but I'm not sure it'll help since only my PC's adapter sees 11 ssids around and that also means 11 APs, believe me. And that's for 2.4Ghz.
Don't forget ... "nv2" does not listen and wait. It just talks based on its own 'metronome'. The fight becomes between signal and noise, no more contention window for airtime access.
It's somewhat brutal for polite 802.11 negotiating devices, who will now only wait by signal energy detection, which is at a much higher signal level than waiting for RTS/CTS and other 802.11 time reservations in 802.11. NV2 can also afford to use small packets (with auto-correcting code) as there is not that hughe 802.11 overhead (requiring large A-MPDU packets to get some performance).
https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaw ... _Guide.pdf

Yes, also my experience , ISP's do they care ? They seem to think everyone is on an island. Their "auto" settings prefer the little dip between nicely placed 1-6-11 channels of others (so they pick channel 5 or 9 ). And why not 40MHz wide in 2.4GHz and certainly 80 MHz wide in 5 GHz. Their client must be served at the max possible, just in case this is on a very lonely place ? The crowded environment is unknown anyway.

tekk
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:02 pm

So, I tried setting up a ptp nv2 connection between two ac2's on 5Ghz. And, well, I was successful, but that option is no go either - I'm getting around 2-3 Mbps speed on 2.4Ghz which is ridiculous for today's internet.

jult
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:54 am

This is utter nonsense. There is not one valid thinkable argument in favor of doing this. In fact, if one AP power source fails, the other could remain up and thus function as a redundant backup for the other.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:44 am

This is utter nonsense. There is not one valid thinkable argument in favor of doing this. In fact, if one AP power source fails, the other could remain up and thus function as a redundant backup for the other.
You might want to rethink that comment. Has nothing to do with power source.
Powerline connections do have their use as sort of replacement of ethernet cabling.

jult
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:29 pm

Powerline connections do have their use as sort of replacement of ethernet cabling.
That's called Ethernet Over Power. If that is what he means, he should write that.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:36 pm

That's called Ethernet Over Power. If that is what he means, he should write that.
It's commonly known as Powerline. Or Powerline Carrier (PLC) to be correct.
It's even a product line with Mikrotik (and TP-Link and Devolo and ...).

I can understand the confusion with a general wire used to provide power but in this context, it's about network connectivity.

sygys
just joined

Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:13 pm

I also have problems with this router. The problem seems to have happend after i connected my girlfriends mobile phone to the 5 ghz network. after a few hours the routers wifi seems to have crashed completely. Before it was running rock solid for a few months. Both 2.4 and 5 ghz didnt work anymore this morning. after i cut off the power for a moment it all works again. It seems that some devices can make the routers wifi crash. On the device itself al LED's are on like they normally are. So no indication of something not working. It would be great if router OS gots an update to make wifi more stable. It should never crash like this. Or atleast it should recognize a crash and reboot its wifi if this happens. Also cant find anything in the logs. wifi just stops working and all devices connected are disconnected from the router.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:50 pm

Please don't cross-post the same question in various places.

This thread is about AC2. You're talking about AC3 I see from your other post (removed now) ?
Best to create your own thread, might be easier for everyone to answer your specific questions.

Also, when this happens, it is usually a good idea to create a supout.rif file and send it to support with explanation of the problem.
Then they can investigate what happened.